Inch Dumbbell Fun with Jason Otto

Mike Rinderle

7 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Way harder for me. I failed to lift a 118 solid bell, no movement at all and a month later I lifted Jedds shot loaded 127 no problem like 4 times 

4x in a set? Or 4 separate singles in  a set? Being an only 9 pound difference, I can see you lifting the 127 for 4 separate singles for sure.

Edited by Guest
Spelling

23 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

4x in a set? Or 4 separate singles in  a set? Being an only 9 pound difference, I can see you lifting the 127 for 4 separate singles for sure.

4 times in like half an hour, it wasn't easy but the 118 felt impossible at the time

12 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

4 times in like half an hour, it wasn't easy but the 118 felt impossible at the time

Definitely doable after a month after the 118  and training and nailing  the 127

1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Definitely doable after a month after the 118  and training and nailing  the 127

I wasn't even training back then, this was back during Sj4. I hope I can get a 118 today but haven't had a chance to try

17 hours ago, Climber028 said:

I wasn't even training back then, this was back during Sj4. I hope I can get a 118 today but haven't had a chance to try

You could get the 118 Mike.  Easy Peasy Lemon Squeasy.  You've come a long way since then.

• Like 1

That 53 Kg StrengthShop Bell is even harder to clean because the handle is an inch or so longer than most Inch style dumbbells. The longer total length creates more inertia to overcome during the "flip" of the clean. I felt the FBBC Bells were easier for this feat.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DAVE101 said:

That 53 Kg StrengthShop Bell is even harder to clean because the handle is an inch or so longer than most Inch style dumbbells. The longer total length creates more inertia to overcome during the "flip" of the clean. I felt the FBBC Bells were easier for this feat.

Never thought of that.  Thanks Dave! 

17 hours ago, DAVE101 said:

It seemed to me with enough momentum and proper hand placement, the longer handles made the flip easier but still not easy whatsoever lol. Hard to tell though because I don't have a SS bell and normal inch style of the same weight. I have cleaned the 58kg SS bell a handful of times though and only got close to the 135lb baby inch (not for long! 😉). Maybe the lack of clean technique and just trying to muscle it up is why it seems this way for me... idk. I'm not disagreeing or anything, just sharing my experience. The long and slicker handles of the SS bells do make them feel harder to deadlift though. But once the deadlift is cake and high pulls become easy, it's a negligible factor when attempting a clean.

23 hours ago, temmmeeee said:

It seemed to me with enough momentum and proper hand placement, the longer handles made the flip easier but still not easy whatsoever lol. Hard to tell though because I don't have a SS bell and normal inch style of the same weight. I have cleaned the 58kg SS bell a handful of times though and only got close to the 135lb baby inch (not for long! 😉). Maybe the lack of clean technique and just trying to muscle it up is why it seems this way for me... idk. I'm not disagreeing or anything, just sharing my experience. The long and slicker handles of the SS bells do make them feel harder to deadlift though. But once the deadlift is cake and high pulls become easy, it's a negligible factor when attempting a clean.

Yea, I guess it could make a difference.  At the end of the day, I just didn't have the strength or the technique to get it done.  Next time I get my hands on one...  :devil

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Yea, I guess it could make a difference.  At the end of the day, I just didn't have the strength or the technique to get it done.  Next time I get my hands on one...  :devil

You did very well and even compelled Joe to inject a video - that’s when you know you done something strong🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

You did very well and even compelled Joe to inject a video - that’s when you know you done something strong🤣

Mike is my idol.