Little Bighorn: 215.4 and 220.6 Attempt

Mike Rinderle

Took me a few sessions, but I'm finally figuring out how to place my hand on this thing for better results.  Yesterday I got a 3 lb PR and today was able to add 7 lbs to that.  A little more tinkering and I hopefully will be able to complete the 220 that I missed today in my next session.  

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Took me a few sessions, but I'm finally figuring out how to place my hand on this thing for better results.  Yesterday I got a 3 lb PR and today was able to add 7 lbs to that.  A little more tinkering and I hopefully will be able to complete the 220 that I missed today in my next session.  

Nice job! Be careful with that underhand style. That is what screwed my arm up. You are really attacking this device lately, eh?? Nice work 

Just now, Joseph Sullivan said:

Nice job! Be careful with that underhand style. That is what screwed my arm up. You are really attacking this device lately, eh?? Nice work 

Thanks Joe.  That's actually a pretty neutral grip for me.  You should see how I do a 2" vbar.  Not really attacking it.  Just hitting it 2 -3 X a week for short workouts to figure out best hand placement.  I think this is 5th or 6th session.  Once I figure out my optimum hand placement,  I'll devise some sort of training program and get serious.  Until then, I'm just experimenting.  I don't want to put in a bunch of wasted work before I have it dialed in.  I also know the noob gains will come to a screeching halt once I have it down.  That's when the work starts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Thanks Joe.  That's actually a pretty neutral grip for me.  You should see how I do a 2" vbar.  Not really attacking it.  Just hitting it 2 -3 X a week for short workouts to figure out best hand placement.  I think this is 5th or 6th session.  Once I figure out my optimum hand placement,  I'll devise some sort of training program and get serious.  Until then, I'm just experimenting.  I don't want to put in a bunch of wasted work before I have it dialed in.  I also know the noob gains will come to a screeching halt once I have it down.  That's when the work starts.

You’re lifting over 200, so you are already head and shoulders above 99.99% of those who lay hands on this piece! Go get it BIG MAN! 100 kilo is yours right now!

10 hours ago, bencrush said:

Go Big Mike!!! 

This reminds me of chasing the 1" vbar numbers a decade ago Ben.  😁

On 3/8/2019 at 4:11 PM, Anthony C. said:

A damn fine lift, Mike.

On 3/8/2019 at 4:37 PM, Anton.Torrella said:

Great lift!

Thank you NYC!

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

This reminds me of chasing the 1" vbar numbers a decade ago Ben.  😁

The V bar!! I remember that was one of the first things I recall seeing people shoot for. That was back in 04

• Like 1

5 hours ago, king crusher said:

The V bar!! I remember that was one of the first things I recall seeing people shoot for. That was back in 04

Yea, I gave up in the 330s.  Ben got up near 400.  I think Ryan Klein got 400.  It all stopped when people started tearing biceps left n right.

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Yea, I gave up in the 330s.  Ben got up near 400.  I think Ryan Klein got 400.  It all stopped when people started tearing biceps left n right.

I only remember trying it once in 2004. It was a thin 1" one I got 235lbs. Have not tried since that day. But I remember the v bar discussions back then