Sign in to follow this  
Aleksandar Milosevic

DIY Wrist wrench

Aleksandar Milosevic

Since I've seen that a couple of people here made their own wrist wrench, I decided to do so myself, but I have a few questions:

I'm gonna use a 60 mm pipe with 2 mm wall, since I think that's enough, but my questions are:

Aluminium or steel? How long should it be? Synthetic or cotton straps?

Any other tips are welcomed, and thank you in advance.

Fist of Fury

I would use aluminum because it will not corrode. Don't think it matters what material you use for the straps as long as it can hold a bit more than 50 kg it will be ok.

Aleksandar Milosevic

That's why I want to use aluminium, and it's dirt cheap, the pipe is gonna cost me 3$.

Gary Gray

I am sure it does not matter what material you use,  just so it holds the weight.  I made one from a tree branch that was cut up to use for firewood in the wood stove.  (in my case, just a straight smooth piece of wood 2-1/2" in diameter and 10" long.  The ends of the straps were just nailed into the wood handle with roof nails.  (The diameter and length can be anything you want).  Very happy with my set-up and it works great - and did not cost anything.

Aleksandar Milosevic

Gary, I missed your response! I already got the aluminum pipe for free, so I'll use that. I just need to drill two holes.