Sign in to follow this  
Cannon

CPW Hybrids are back!

Cannon

These were a hit when we stocked them before by Tetting.  Now they're back, made for us by Baraban.  

One thing of note, the knurling on these is incredible.  

We feel this might even be a more elegant hybrid because of the European handle stock.  Instead of 3/4" and 5/8", the handles are 20 mm and 16 mm.  These are slightly thicker than the USA equivalents.  That means the palm handle spreads pressure out over a larger area.  And the thinner 16 mm finger-side handle is not quite as painful as the old version.  

In the fully closed position, the 36 mm total width is about 2 mm tighter than a standard USA gripper with two 3/4" handles.  That would be 38 mm. 

Check them out!

https://cannonpowerworks.com/collections/cpw-hybrid

CPW Hybrid Grippers

• Like 3

jchapman

Matt,  Thanks for bringing these to your customers!  Do you have any RGC data for them yet?  I see the RB240 hybrid is listed as 145, and the average RB240 RGC rating is 135.  Are you thinking that the 2mm BTR feature will generate 10 lbs more of resistance?  I am curious because me and many others are always on the hunt for high 130s and low 140s grippers.

• Thanks 1

Cannon
18 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Matt,  Thanks for bringing these to your customers!  Do you have any RGC data for them yet?  I see the RB240 hybrid is listed as 145, and the average RB240 RGC rating is 135.  Are you thinking that the 2mm BTR feature will generate 10 lbs more of resistance?  I am curious because me and many others are always on the hunt for high 130s and low 140s grippers.

Excellent question.

The initial CPW Average Ratings are based on actual data.  I was kind of surprised where some of these landed, but like anything else, springs vary. 

So, for example, the RB100h grippers are coming in around 55 despite all the regular 100s averaging 56.

And the RB300h grippers landed right around 185 despite the regulars averaging 184.

And most curious, the RB365h grippers were 190 despite regular 365 grippers being way over 200. 

As I rate more of these, I'll update the published averages if necessary, but they have been very consistent so far. 

So if you order a RB240h.... it should be around 145 give or take a few. 

RB210h is a better bet for a 130s gripper.

• Like 2

jchapman
59 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Excellent question.

The initial CPW Average Ratings are based on actual data.  I was kind of surprised where some of these landed, but like anything else, springs vary. 

So, for example, the RB100h grippers are coming in around 55 despite all the regular 100s averaging 56.

And the RB300h grippers landed right around 185 despite the regulars averaging 184.

And most curious, the RB365h grippers were 190 despite regular 365 grippers being way over 200. 

As I rate more of these, I'll update the published averages if necessary, but they have been very consistent so far. 

So if you order a RB240h.... it should be around 145 give or take a few. 

RB210h is a better bet for a 130s gripper.

Great, thanks!