Hardened Version of crushed to dust

Rolling thunder 200 on a 12 inch pin

Hub on 45 plate on a 6 inch pin 

filed #2 for multiple no set reps for good measure. 

Done 3 x back to back until camera footage was right 

32 minutes ago, Cannon said:

That's strong.  The RT lift is the show-stopper here.  200 on the RT is soooo haaaard.

Want to know what’s funny? I did this 3x in a row until it was ok on film. Haha. Back to back to back

40 minutes ago, Cannon said:

That's strong.  The RT lift is the show-stopper here.  200 on the RT is soooo haaaard.

Certainly in comparison to the other 2 challenge elements.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cannon said:

This is really the rolling thunder certification. The other two lifts are way easier 

• Like 2

I'd do more than change pick height.

Just now, anwnate said:

I'd do more than change pick height.

Also used a filed #2 for no set reps. Should have done the challenge with the crusher, but then it would not be an official CTD

Strong!  Not sure I've ever tried a rolling thunder.  How does it compare to a crusher or Titan handle?

31 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

How does it compare to a crusher or Titan handle?

I understand RT to be easier because the PVC sleeve has friction against the inner tube, and stuff like dust and chalk can work it's way into that area, and finally the PVC doesn't necessarily stay a perfect circle which makes more friction. 

Bear in mind I suuuuuuck at these lifts, but I believe RT is considered "easier" than same-sized Crusher/Titan/Trilobite models. 

200 is mind-blowing to me on RT though.  I think these thick revolving handle lifts are some of the hardest stuff in grip.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Strong!  Not sure I've ever tried a rolling thunder.  How does it compare to a crusher or Titan handle?

I can max 210 on RT full lift Rindo. 194 full lift on 2.5 inch crusher and 205 6 inch lift 

There bearing handles in existence, I don't remember who made it but I saw photos awhile back.

Nope, crusher is just a solid steel chunk with a hole drilled through with a small axle, which is why it's less susceptible to friction. You want the ratio between handle size and axle size to be as large as possible to make spinning easier, tho that goes out the window with bearings since that would provide fantastic spin, could almost count friction as zero in this application. 

23 hours ago, Chez said:

This is really the rolling thunder certification. The other two lifts are way easier 

Yes, it makes no sense.  May as well make it a 3 and 60 on the hub.  Won't change who can cert it much.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Yes, it makes no sense.  May as well make it a 3 and 60 on the hub.  Won't change who can cert it much.

I think there should be different levels for the CTD. Some strong people can lift a lot on the RT and also close huge grippers. Something like:

Level 1 - 200 lbs RT, COC#3 and 50 lbs hub.
Level 2 - 225 lbs RT, COC#3.5 and 70 lbs hub.
Level 3 - 275 lbs RT, COC#4 and 90 lbs hub.

Numbers don't have to be exactly those, just an idea.

Great lifts by the way Joseph!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

I think there should be different levels for the CTD. Some strong people can lift a lot on the RT and also close huge grippers. Something like:

Level 1 - 200 lbs RT, COC#3 and 50 lbs hub.
Level 2 - 225 lbs RT, COC#3.5 and 70 lbs hub.
Level 3 - 275 lbs RT, COC#4 and 90 lbs hub.

Numbers don't have to be exactly those, just an idea.

Great lifts by the way Joseph!

And maybe 175, 2.5, and 45 for us posers.  LOL.

• Like 1

I think I'd be close on the RT. No frame of reference though other than my slippery Titan handle that's 2.5". Gotten 184 to lockout with that.  187.34 to 6" on the "easy" crusher at KK this year.  With a set of squats, some Swedish Fish, and a couple monsters in me, I think I'd give her a good run.

#2 I'd no set for a few reps.

Not sure I've ever tried an IM Hub.  May have in a medly over the years.  Not much experience hubbing anything, so absolutely no idea what I would be able to do.

I would guess that 200 for the RT was more in line with the other lifts when they had the easier (older version) handle.  

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

And maybe 175, 2.5, and 45 for us posers.  LOL.

I doubt that will ever be the case since that would be easier than COC-cert.

I do agree that certifications in general are way too hard. Many people will never reach that level. But then again, the harder it is the sweeter it is once you get there :)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Imo, this is what makes a certification worth recognizing.

Yes it is. What’s the point of a certification if it’s attainable by anyone? Then it’s like a trophy for everyone, even if they lose kind of thing. They have to be on the somewhat “harder to attain for most” level to mean anything in my opinion. For me? 

I propose a Crushed to Dust Millennial Participation Certification:

1 Know someone who has seen a rolling thunder

2 Lift a CoC Trainer to full lockout

3 Identify the hub on a standard 45lb plate

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

2 Lift a CoC Trainer to full lockout

may need a second judge to make sure they aren't hook gripping though

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Yes it is. What’s the point of a certification if it’s attainable by anyone? Then it’s like a trophy for everyone, even if they lose kind of thing. They have to be on the somewhat “harder to attain for most” level to mean anything in my opinion. For me? 

Sure but it can be different levels. Which already exists but they are very high IMO. CCS closing a #2.5 for a small guy that weighs 58 kg is a huge deal IMO.