Sledgehammer feat I’ve never seen and 22.5 pound lever

Some huge Russian strongman  on instagram sent me an example of this with double 11s. Had to up the ante and try it with double  12s first time out. Very interesting drill. 

MAlso, added a 2.5 pound plate to my 20 pound sledgehammer .

Edited by Guest

That is sick!  Wow

7 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Some huge Russian strongman  on instagram sent me an example of this with double 11s. Had to up the ante and try it with double  12s first time out. Very interesting drill. (Don’t worry folks, the hammers are real) 😉😉😉

Also, added a 2.5 pound plate to my 20 pound sledgehammer .

Wau,  test that front lift (like pickaxe ) how many lb ??12-15lb???

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Guess who’s coming to GRIPMAS BABY!! 

WOOO!

Go to Contests section on the Grip Board - find the thread called Gripmas Carol Entry form.  Fill it out and email (send) it to me.  Paypal me the money (or check or whatever) and you're good to go!

8 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Go to Contests section on the Grip Board - find the thread called Gripmas Carol Entry form.  Fill it out and email (send) it to me.  Paypal me the money (or check or whatever) and you're good to go!

Ok dude. I’ll bring as many hammers as you like

Jeebus Joe.  You are on a whole other level at this point.  Approaching Sledge Legend status.  Just sick man.  I broke out my 10 pounder this morning before leaving for work and it felt heavy.  Amazing how fast I lose it on the sledges when not constantly working them.  They usually come back pretty quick though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Jeebus Joe.  You are on a whole other level at this point.  Approaching Sledge Legend status.  Just sick man.  I broke out my 10 pounder this morning before leaving for work and it felt heavy.  Amazing how fast I lose it on the sledges when not constantly working them.  They usually come back pretty quick though.

Thanks big daddy! I know what you mean about it fading quick, at least with the bigger hammers. Comes back quick though in a few sessions once that base is there, as you know.

That looks like it could be a pretty good way to train for double underhand steel bending!