Magnus Mitbo pulls about 113 on the Blockbuster??!

Boulderbrew

9 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

I mean they must have known they weren't using an Ironmind blockbuster, right?  I did see the Arm Assassin sticker on the inside on the block (I think), but I was too dense to figure "hmm maybe its not an orginal blockbuster" SMH

It was the look of the dimensions that made me curious, then I saw the sticker, and then I found a frame where you can see the hole for the eye loop to switch to 4"

Just now, Cannon said:

I just think the distinction escaped them.  We are nerds, remember.

No Juji competed in many ironmind events already. He knows the difference. He’s touched an IM BB way more times than I have and I know the difference. We can give the benefit of the doubt as he was a great guy in person.... but he should edit his video to give the credit to Luke.

I just mean that I couldn't describe my own kids in this much detail:

4 minutes ago, temmmeeee said:

It was the look of the dimensions that made me curious, then I saw the sticker, and then I found a frame where you can see the hole for the eye loop to switch to 4"

I also didn't know Juji had done grip stuff other than like Rolling Thunder on a boat, on a lake, with Stephi Cohen.  lol :)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, temmmeeee said:

I was the first to comment that it was an arm assassins block on their video. They gave no ackowledgement lol

Of course not. That would ruin their clockbait title. This is the tragic thing with youtube celebrities, or any type of celebrities. They are only out to get money and fame and that's the only thing they care about.

I'm not worried, more people are learning that grip sport exists. No such thing as bad publicity. 

47 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I just mean that I couldn't describe my own kids in this much detail:

I also didn't know Juji had done grip stuff other than like Rolling Thunder on a boat, on a lake, with Stephi Cohen.  lol :)

Dude he’s competed in several ironmind armlifting Odd Haugen for expos since like 2016 before I even got into grip 

44 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Of course not. That would ruin their clockbait title. This is the tragic thing with youtube celebrities, or any type of celebrities. They are only out to get money and fame and that's the only thing they care about.

I can tell you personally he was a very friendly guy when we all competed in Philly. I hope that if he realizes his error he will give Lucas Raymond the credit for the device in the title. It’s like me saying a titan fitness axle is an iron minds axle . The world would be in an uproar calling me out as a faker or anyone else that did it !  The credit given where it’s due... especially if claiming such a high weight was lifted on a Device that wasn’t said device in question. Am I wrong? I’m sure Juji will rectify it. Are we being too passionate about this?

37 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I'm not worried, more people are learning that grip sport exists. No such thing as bad publicity. 

Absolutely true... but it has to be the right information. Otherwise it’s not true.

3 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

I mean they must have known they weren't using an Ironmind blockbuster, right?  I did see the Arm Assassin sticker on the inside on the block (I think), but I was too dense to figure "hmm maybe its not an orginal blockbuster" SMH

I dont put stickers on anything unless Juji put it on there bc i did give him one. 

Edited by Lucasraymond
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

I dont put stickers on anything unless Juji put it on there bc i did give him one. 

I would need to rewatch the video. But @temmmeeee saw it too. There is definitely an AA sticker somewhere. I guess John probably placed it there himself. I like John a lot so unless he comes out and says anything, I am going to assume that with all the excitement there was an oversight. Whatever haha

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

I would need to rewatch the video. But @temmmeeee saw it too. There is definitely an AA sticker somewhere. I guess John probably placed it there himself. I like John a lot so unless he comes out and says anything, I am going to assume that with all the excitement there was an oversight. Whatever haha

I also like John. He was nice to everyone equally at the Philly expo.  That’s why I’m hoping it was just an oversight. Seemed like a genuine good dude. 

12 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I can tell you personally he was a very friendly guy when we all competed in Philly. I hope that if he realizes his error he will give Lucas Raymond the credit for the device in the title. It’s like me saying a titan fitness axle is an iron minds axle . The world would be in an uproar calling me out as a faker or anyone else that did it !  The credit given where it’s due... especially if claiming such a high weight was lifted on a Device that wasn’t said device in question. Am I wrong? I’m sure Juji will rectify it. Are we being too passionate about this?

I have no doubt he's a nice guy. But youtube is his business. Youtube was great in the beginning, it's a great idea (concept) but now it's all business (for the most part).

4 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I have no doubt he's a nice guy. But youtube is his business. Youtube was great in the beginning, it's a great idea (concept) but now it's all business (for the most part).

Yes, unfortunately everyone is trying to make a buck. 

17 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

I wholeheartedly disagree with this statement - it partly depends on how you define celebrity, but if your definition catches the likes of Jujimufu then if you meet these people in person, more often that not you'll find that they are genuinely passionate about whatever it is that they are known for and that although they may use tactics to increase their audience (it's a competitive world, you basically have to play to game if you want to reach a large audience) and they might make use of sponsorships/endorsements, I think it's totally disproportionate to insinuate that money and fame are the only things they care about.

Let's say the video title was a deliberate ploy (I doubt it, 99.9% of people don't know the difference or care, you have to remember that this is a very niche forum as Matt pointed out), even if that was the case, if YouTube or Instagram is your main or a significant source of your revenue, then it is literally your job to get views. In the same way you could say that someone who works a 9 - 5 at a desk job they don't really like and then works out/spends time with friends/family in the evening and at the weekend "only cares about money" because they spend most of their time doing something that is solely in the pursuit of financial reward.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Without the business element of YouTube, do you really think that we would have got to see a Norweigan pro climber fly across the world to stay with a US bodybuilder/strength enthusiast and play with a bunch of grip toys in HD with nice editing? I don't understand why people are so against others making money from YouTube, especially when, in so many cases, it enhances their core content by means of better equipment, money and time to do interesting things both in the videos and in editing.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, patrickmeniru said:

Without the business element of YouTube, do you really think that we would have got to see a Norweigan pro climber fly across the world to stay with a US bodybuilder/strength enthusiast and play with a bunch of grip toys in HD with nice editing? I don't understand why people are so against others making money from YouTube, especially when, in so many cases, it enhances their core content by means of better equipment, money and time to do interesting things both in the videos and in editing.

Only thing I’m against is stating a certain product is a product it’s not. Or stating something is a world record when it’s not, and was dragged up the body making the lift totally not a legal lift . I don’t care who cares about what implements are what, what I do care about is the truth and sticking to rules, regardless of how many people may get exposed to something obscure. Call me a purist if you will. I am not one that likes to sacrifice reality for some possible exposure.

46 minutes ago, patrickmeniru said:

I don't know if that would happen or not. If I had to make a guess, yes I think it would happen. But that's just what I think. And you don't know what would happen either. Also I clearly stated that YouTube is a great thing.

I have nothing against people making money, not at all. In fact I think it's great if a person can make money by doing something they are really passionate about. What I am against is making money only for the sake of making money and putting that above everything else. I prefer honest and sincere people, not people who put money above everything else.

This video has a clickbait title (and it's not honest), I stand by that to the day I die.

They are coming to do a show  at Jedds....and a TWIG. We will get it straightened out! Thank you all for the support I appreciate it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

They are coming to do a show  at Jedds....and a TWIG. We will get it straightened out! Thank you all for the support I appreciate it

We are here for you brother! What’s fair is fair and what’s right is right! Honesty is always the best policy!

Lol there so dumb can you believe out of 400k subscribors they missed your comment what jerks.  And also did you see them drinking poland spring water cant believe they didnt give them a shout out either.  I guess fame goes to your head.  Anyways glad those cheaters got called out!

4 hours ago, Anyonecanhappen said:

Lol there so dumb can you believe out of 400k subscribors they missed your comment what jerks.  And also did you see them drinking poland spring water cant believe they didnt give them a shout out either.  I guess fame goes to your head.  Anyways glad those cheaters got called out!

Poland spring water wasn’t the subject of the video... now if it was and he called it Aquafina that’s misrepresentation of a product . The title stated “was this a world record “on an ironmind blockbuster, and it was not that product, it was Lucas Raymond’s pinch block from arm assassins. How people don’t get that it’s not the product being displayed is funny.

34 minutes ago, Anyonecanhappen said:

I was being serious brother I think there stupid for mistaking one square piece of steel for a different square piece of steel.

Your post had a sarcastic flavor. Didn’t think you were being serious. My apologies