Carl Myerscough 2 Hand Flask 254.8lbs

Stephen Ruby

I didn't see this posted and thought I would share this monster (unofficial) world record lift. He made it look easy. I believe he is still new to grip but was a top level shot putter for quite some time. It will be interesting to see how far he can push this lift.  

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Stephen Ruby said:

I didn't see this posted and thought I would share this monster world record lift. He made it look easy. I believe he is still new to grip but was a top level shot putter for quite some time. It will be interesting to see how far he can push this lift.  

I believe it’s only a world record if done in competition. I don’t think gym lifts are records. Was that at a competition? 

Either way a heck of a pinch lift!  That's a big guy with a lot of strength work for a background - should be a lot of upside there.

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I believe it’s only a world record if done in competition. I don’t think gym lifts are records. Was that at a competition? 

You are correct I edited my post to reflect that its a unofficial lift. He is 6'10 and probably high 300's so he is a monster of a man, I'm curious how to know big his hands are. I imagine he could do well on some blob lifting also. Throwers have done well in the past in grip sport just look at Aaron Corcorran. 

Edited by Stephen Ruby

9 hours ago, climber511 said:

Either way a heck of a pinch lift!  That's a big guy with a lot of strength work for a background - should be a lot of upside there.

Scary strength 

On 7/30/2018 at 6:28 PM, Joseph Sullivan said:

It was at a small invitational contest at The Training Hall. 

• Like 1