Front and Rear Lever 20 lb Hammer

Mike Rinderle

Pretty sloppy, but it's the first time I've tried any heavy levers in about 6 or 7 years.  20.2 lb Thor's Hammer that I won at Nationals with sand in it.  Handle is 2" thick and 30.375" long. Got 3 singles each way.

Front lever

Rear lever

• Like 6

CEO of Rows, inc going big with the levering!! Strong big man

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

CEO of Rows, inc going big with the levering!! Strong big man

Gracias mi amigo.  Thought I grabbed the heavy sledge for these in the medly, but I was so discombobulated from searching for the quarter, I grabbed the 2 pointer instead of the 5.  D'oh!

Fog of war.  🤣

27 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

SWEEEEETTTTTT!!!!

Thanks Joe.  I expect you to load yours up with steel shot and beat this by at least 5 - 10 lbs.

38 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Thanks Joe.  I expect you to load yours up with steel shot and beat this by at least 5 - 10 lbs.

I’m gonna use B.Bs. So it’s easier to empty. Mine empty now is 15 pounds. Can slam it for 20 flawless reps. 

Mine weighed 16.2 on two different scales.  Weird they would weigh so much different.

BBs = steel shot.  😉

36 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Mine weighed 16.2 on two different scales.  Weird they would weigh so much different.

BBs = steel shot.  😉

Yours is a  little bit thicker handle mine , is closer to a standard hammers thickness. Yours is special. The one Pat Maizels has is like mine too

38 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

BBs = steel shot.  😉

Oh yea duh. I knew that

30 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Yours is a  little bit thicker handle mine , is closer to a standard hammers thickness. Yours is special. The one Pat Maizels has is like mine too

Oh, gotcha.  Yea, mine is 2" in diameter. 

On 6/30/2018 at 5:04 PM, Joseph Sullivan said:

I’m gonna use B.Bs. So it’s easier to empty. Mine empty now is 15 pounds. Can slam it for 20 flawless reps. 

May wanna think about lead shot.  😉 

21.2 lbs

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

It’s too expensive 

You filled the whole head with sand and it only weighs 21.2? Can you get the sand out if you want? I like the idea of steel BBS because they are small and cheap and easy to get out if needed 

32 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

You filled the whole head with sand and it only weighs 21.2? Can you get the sand out if you want? I like the idea of steel BBS because they are small and cheap and easy to get out if needed 

There's a little room left.  I think it will top out around 22 lbs.  From there, I can just add plates if needed.

Whatever you put in, you won't get all of it out because the screw tube goes in a ways.  

How heavy you planning on going?

Edited by Mike Rinderle

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

There's a little room left.  I think it will top out around 22 lbs.  From there, I can just add plates if needed.

Whatever you put in, you won't get all of it out because the screw tube goes in a ways.  

How heavy you planning on going?

Don’t know yet. I’m getting another one for crucifix levers. I think if it’s filled at 21 that equals actual simulation  of a 16 pound sledgehammer secondary to weight also being in the handle so I’m not sure. 

19 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

May wanna think about lead shot.  😉 

21.2 lbs

Strong lever Big Mike!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Don’t know yet. I’m getting another one for crucifix levers. I think if it’s filled at 21 that equals actual simulation  of a 16 pound sledgehammer secondary to weight also being in the handle so I’m not sure. 

Just did the math.  Center of gravity on the war hammer loaded to 21.2 lbs is 27" from end of the hammer.  Center of gravity on a regular sledge (used a 10 pounder) was 31.5".  

Using those measurements, the 21.2 war hammer with a 2" diameter shaft is equivalent to an 18.1714285714 lb regular sledge.  An 18 pounder would have the center of gravity a little further out than a 10.  So call it an even 18 or a smidge less.  Even if it moved all the way out to 33", which it wouldn't, it would still equal 17.345454545455 lbs.  In the past I've done everything from a 6 to a 23 pounder.  I guestimated to @Kluv#0 that this was equal to around an 18.  Looks like my guestimator is dialed in.  Lol 

20180702_155543.jpg

20180702_155830.jpg

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Just did the math.  Center of gravity on the war hammer loaded to 21.2 lbs is 27" from end of the hammer.  Center of gravity on a regular sledge (used a 10 pounder) was 31.5".  

Using those measurements, the 21.2 war hammer with a 2" diameter shaft is equivalent to an 18.1714285714 lb regular sledge.  An 18 pounder would have the center of gravity a little further out than a 10.  So call it an even 18 or a smidge less.  Even if it moved all the way out to 33", which it wouldn't, it would still equal 17.345454545455 lbs.  In the past I've done everything from a 6 to a 23 pounder.  I guestimated to @Kluv#0 that this was equal to around an 18.  Looks like my guestimator is dialed in.  Lol 

20180702_155543.jpg

20180702_155830.jpg

Wow that’s awesome dude!!! I wasn’t too far off!! When I fill mine up I will let you know the weight so you can do your crunch 

Yours should be closer to a real sledge since there's slightly less metal in the handle.

Got 22 lbs today at the end of my grip workout.  That's my limit without actually training these.  All I could do not to boink myself in the head. 🤕  I'm expecting at least 25 out of you Joe.

7 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Got 22 lbs today at the end of my grip workout.  That's my limit without actually training these.  All I could do not to boink myself in the head. 🤕  I'm expecting at least 25 out of you Joe.

Dude I went into the garage today, had to be 100 degrees, could not do a thing. I still worked it... but I could not get a bite on the silver bullet with the 3 or the 3.5 at all it was so draining. Think I need a break from this heat. Went to the hammers and warmed up 2x10 with the 12s and then did a few sets of 16 pounds for 5.... but it felt like I was in a dream where you are running through cement. Not good at all. 

I really love this raw power - well done. The minute I get out of my tiny box apartment in Beijing and leave China at the end of August I'm going to go sledge hammer nuts. Thanks for giving me another great goal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ruairi said:

I really love this raw power - well done. The minute I get out of my tiny box apartment in Beijing and leave China at the end of August I'm going to go sledge hammer nuts. Thanks for giving me another great goal.

Thanks for checking it out!