Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jedd Johnson

NAGS Championship 2018 Events & Updates

Recommended Posts

Mike Rinderle
On 5/22/2018 at 9:29 PM, Jedd Johnson said:

Tomorrow, Eric Roussin and I will be doing a special episode of This Week in Grip, where we will be discussing what's to come at the NAGS Championship.

What predictions do you have regarding the contest?

Who do you think will win the Team Title?

Post here and we will discuss your thoughts!

@Anyonecanhappen - $5 for spectators, unless you volunteer to assist with the comp, by helping load and change weights, score, etc.

I only have 1 serious prediction.  I will finally cross the Mendoza line on the 2HP.  I'm tired of sitting at 199.98 lbs as my Contest PR.  

 My Planned NAGS Opener

I have trained my caboose off on pinch.  It's go big or bomb out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
Just now, Mike Rinderle said:

I only have 1 serious prediction.  I will finally cross the Mendoza line on the 2HP.  I'm tired of sitting at 199.98 lbs as my Contest PR.  

 My Planned NAGS Opener

I have trained my caboose off on pinch.  It's go big or bomb out.

Dude you’re gonna get 100 kilos on your pinch! You’ve been working like a dog

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Dude you’re gonna get 100 kilos on your pinch! You’ve been working like a dog

Sure hope so, or I'm going back to not training grip and just showing up once a year for King Kong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
8 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Sure hope so, or I'm going back to not training grip and just showing up once a year for King Kong.

Dude just doing that and you still did great!!!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jedd Johnson

I'd like to thank those who have offered to sponsor the competition.  I'll be maintaining a list of sponsors here:

http://www.dieselcrew.com/2018-north-american-grip-sport-championship-sponsors/

I'd like to highlight Reload Vitamins, who sent a package as well as funds to cover other prizes!

If you'd like to come aboard as a sponsor, please let me know.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucasraymond

If anyone is interested in equipment to pick up at NAGS please let me know ASAP as i would rather not be making stuff the day before. Hit me up on here or FB/IG!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

THE TEAM TO BEAT!!!

  • Lucas Arm Assassin Raymond: 93 kg Killa
  • Joe Wrists of Steel Sullivan: 120 kg
  • Rindo: Token old guy: 120 kg and Masters classes

We are taking applications for 1 more person that wants to be on the winning team. 

 

We don't need to know how tough we are, to know how tough we are.  Sooner or later, everybody pays the Piper!!!

 

 

 

rowdy-roddy-piper-splash.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
19 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

THE TEAM TO BEAT!!!

  • Lucas Arm Assassin Raymond: 93 kg Killa
  • Joe Wrists of Steel Sullivan: 120 kg
  • Rindo: Token old guy: 120 kg and Masters classes

We are taking applications for 1 more person that wants to be on the winning team. 

 

We don't need to know how tough we are, to know how tough we are.  Sooner or later, everybody pays the Piper!!!

 

 

 

rowdy-roddy-piper-splash.jpg

YEAAA BROTHERRRRR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eric Roussin

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
On 5/21/2018 at 11:29 AM, Jedd Johnson said:

Paid Athletes:

Ace Andrade (66kg)
Nigel Blackburn (66kg)

Chris Andrade (74kg)

Vincent Rivellese (83kg)
Dan Fleming (83kg)

Luke Raymond (93kg)
Matt Lane (93kg)
Eric Roussin (93kg)

Rob McMurren (105kg)
Andrew Dube (105kg)

Mike Rinderle (120kg)
Joe Sullivan (120kg)

Tom Bryson (120+)
Chez Riccezza (120+)
Justin Major (120+)
 

Bernie Marcoccia - 50+ Masters
Gus Bush - 50+ Masters 
Mike Rinderle - 50+ Masters

Anyone else sign up to attend these shenanigans since this list was compiled?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tank Andrade

countdown is on gentlemen. lets get those registrations in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
21 minutes ago, Tank Andrade said:

countdown is on gentlemen. lets get those registrations in

Seriously.  We may have to go back to two divisions like the old days. Under 220 and over 220.  Haha

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vinnie
23 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Seriously.  We may have to go back to two divisions like the old days. Under 220 and over 220.  Haha

Or maybe under 180 and over 180 ...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
12 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Or maybe under 180 and over 180 ...

My memory is foggy.  @climber511 would have to help me, but I think for Gripmas the divider used to be 95kg.  209.  That would actually be right in the middle.

We just need more peeps in these classes though.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chez
19 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Or maybe under 280 and over 280 ...

Fixed that typo for you vinnie. The "1" and "2" are real close to each other.......😜

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
climber511
22 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

My memory is foggy.  @climber511 would have to help me, but I think for Gripmas the divider used to be 95kg.  209.  That would actually be right in the middle.

We just need more peeps in these classes though.

Dividing line was 207# - 94K class.  207 and below was lightweight - above was heavy or open class.  Any weight could declare themselves open class if they wished .  It seemed to work out pretty well.  I used the very scientific formula of guessing what was the middle given the previous Gripmas contests contestants :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vinnie
1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

My memory is foggy.  @climber511 would have to help me, but I think for Gripmas the divider used to be 95kg.  209.  That would actually be right in the middle.

We just need more peeps in these classes though.

Yes, that actually would seem fair.  And I am certain of two things:  1) I am better at grip than at least 99 % of people my weight, of any age; and 2) someone from the other 1 % will be at Nationals, if not every meet I attend.  It's all good.  I have been in this for maybe 6 months now and have not had so much fun, felt so strong, and met such good people in YEARS if not DECADES.  Looking forward to Saturday!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chez

it is kind of funny how scattered we are with no more than 3 people in a weight class but all classes except 59 kg represented. Its almost like we tried for it and only invited certain people to make that work. In all seriousness, i'm game for anything. I'm just looking for forward to hanging out with everyone and doing my best. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Team is set.  Let me introduce THE ARM ASSASSINS 

  • Lucas Arm Assassin Raymond: 93 kg Killa
  • Joe Wrists of Steel Sullivan: 120 kg
  • Chris Tank Andrade: 74 kg
  • Ace Killa Andrade: 66 kg of twisted steel and sex appeal 
  • Rindo: Token old guy: 120 kg and Masters classes

Come getcha some!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chez
7 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Team is set.  Let me introduce THE ARM ASSASSINS 

  • Lucas Arm Assassin Raymond: 93 kg Killa
  • Joe Wrists of Steel Sullivan: 120 kg
  • Chris Tank Andrade: 74 kg
  • Ace Killa Andrade: 66 kg of twisted steel and sex appeal 
  • Rindo: Token old guy: 120 kg and Masters classes

Come getcha some!

Looks like @Vinnie and I need to get adopted by the canucks or this might as well be USA v. Canada

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

USA USA USA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

USA vs. Canada, avg. finish?

As in the US beat Finland for Gold after beating the Red Communists in the semis.

The Arm Assassins are in if the Canadians are game.

miraclewallpaper2.jpg

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chez
10 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

USA vs. Canada, avg. finish?

As in the US beat Finland for Gold after beating the Red Communists in the semis.

The Arm Assassins are in if the Canadians are game.

miraclewallpaper2.jpg

Let’s do this!

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

loser-keeps-bieber-canada-vs-usa-in-the-hockey-loser-keeps-16771530.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shoggoth
4 hours ago, Chez said:

Looks like @Vinnie and I need to get adopted by the canucks or this might as well be USA v. Canada

You’ll be in good company. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.