country crush or wrist developer

ImpGrip

21 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

What do you use? What should I use to get into it?

I would pick up a couple 60d nails and give them a try to start with.  If you can’t bend it I’d drop back down to some 1/4” x 6” or 7” round cold rolled steel.  If you can I’d move up to 1/4” x 6” G5 bolts.  Arron has a good progression chart and I think some others do as well.  Once you get to bending 1/4” G8 bolts pretty quick you should be ready to try some 5/16” cold rolled round.  A simple progression that I used from easy to hard was 60d’s, G5 bolts, G8 bolts then 5/16” CRS.  Obviously the shorter the length the harder as well.  Then you can throw into the mix round bar, hex bar, square bar as well as stainless steel and O1 drill rod.  You can even get brass as well.  The possibilities seem a little endless at times but that keeps it interesting and fun because everything will feel a little different.  

• Like 1

The FBBC bending bags are a good purchase as well. You get a bunch of high quality bars in a progression style format. Keeps it simple imo and worth the cash. 

Everyone is different. Im a hard gainer so I have to add a little more. Im finding success is my 2 or 3+1 format and laying low for a week. I add a smaller bar in for variation. Martin’s way is common from what ive seen. I think its important to note that their are variences in steel. Sometimes within the same batch. You’ll be pumped and go to hit a bend that you’ve done before and it says nope.

Went for a grade 8 and it locked up 🤷🏻‍♂️

A 1.5”x3/8”x36 did the samething 

5 hours ago, Martin Gaisser said:

I would pick up a couple 60d nails and give them a try to start with.  If you can’t bend it I’d drop back down to some 1/4” x 6” or 7” round cold rolled steel.  If you can I’d move up to 1/4” x 6” G5 bolts.  Arron has a good progression chart and I think some others do as well.  Once you get to bending 1/4” G8 bolts pretty quick you should be ready to try some 5/16” cold rolled round.  A simple progression that I used from easy to hard was 60d’s, G5 bolts, G8 bolts then 5/16” CRS.  Obviously the shorter the length the harder as well.  Then you can throw into the mix round bar, hex bar, square bar as well as stainless steel and O1 drill rod.  You can even get brass as well.  The possibilities seem a little endless at times but that keeps it interesting and fun because everything will feel a little different.  

Ive done similar so far. Gotta be something to it am I right!?

• Like 1

Ive done similar so far. Gotta be something to it am I right!?

Yes I think you are.  Seems to be what a lot of people are doing.  The FBBC benders bags are great too especially starting out.  Most people can’t hijack their companies horizontal bandsaw and metal belt grinder like I did. :laugh  If you end up getting into it an angle grinder with a cutting wheel or big pair of bolt cutters will come in very handy too. 

• Like 1

update on the country crush  one side spins very freely and the other side seems stuck doesnt spin as free .... will this hinder using it ? just pulled it out of the box

13 minutes ago, ImpGrip said:

update on the country crush  one side spins very freely and the other side seems stuck doesnt spin as free .... will this hinder using it ? just pulled it out of the box

Sounds like the bolt that holds the handle in place may be too tight.  Does it look like the revolving handle is rubbing the inside of the frame?  If so you may try loosing the bolt up slightly and see if that helps.  

2 hours ago, ImpGrip said:

Yes if it does not freely spin freely it won’t represent it’s true difficulty. It will be wicked easy. I’m sure the manufacturer will correct it if you can’t get it to spin yourself.

6 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Thank you for the kind words brother.

as far as mixing bending and grip, i mainly stuck to DO and horse shoes along side grippers, and training specifically for an inch lift. With some added axle training at times. I cant say in regards to pinch training along side bending, because i neglected it often. Wish i wouldnt have.. i can say for sure that light wrap DO bending does grind the fingers up at times. And while lost skin between the fingers didnt slow grippers or inch training down much, i would assume that factor could hinder possible pinch training. At least in regards to pinching comfortably.. but, that could be remedied by bending only in thick doubles and not losing skin between the fingers.

Joseph,

Honestly i believe training bending along side a complete grip routine can be done. But you will have to lengthen your workouts to add in the bending, and also figure out which days is best to bend that wont slow other progress. An example compared to grip could be- never train thickbar before grippers. It will ruin grippers for that day, and possibly the next couple following days. Once you start bending, you can sort of test out grip stuff directly after and see which grip related lifts feel weaker than usual due to the bending. Once you have that established, it should be easy(er) to schedule in what times are ideal to bend that wont hinder other stuff. This may even include changing which days you do certain grip stuff, but it can be done.

i read that one of your fingers is not cooperating right now. Bummer! Taking that into account, i would definitely wait for the finger to heal before you get into unbraced bending. This way you can enjoy it more.

Right now can’t do jack with the left hand. I hope it heals before the vice grip challenge in Philly. I can only close a number 2 TNS one rep with the hand right now as a result of the injury and then it just kills me. I have to just leave it alone to heal.

On 3/16/2018 at 2:36 AM, ImpGrip said:

cool thanks guys looks like im just gonna go with the country crush and put the wrist wrench on the back burner

what are all the things you can do witht he country crush

What is your purpose for each? They work your wrist and hand totally different; I wouldn't put one ahead of the other because they are two different mechanisms of thick bar strength. For AW the wrist wrench is probably one of the best starting pieces of equipment you can have. I like the design of the country crush but hate the plastic handles as they are ridiculously slippery and even more when any amount of chalk is applied. If it had metal handles I would like it much more. So before you put the WW on the back-burner first figure out what your goal is as both may help you meet it versus using just one or the other. 

15 hours ago, ImpGrip said:

The newer ones have a pin with key pin on the end...if there is an issue contact Ray Cote as he will fix it. The old style used a allen screw with a threaded shaft on the inside of the handle which was time consuming, the pin works much better. 

43 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

What is your purpose for each? They work your wrist and hand totally different; I wouldn't put one ahead of the other because they are two different mechanisms of thick bar strength. For AW the wrist wrench is probably one of the best starting pieces of equipment you can have. I like the design of the country crush but hate the plastic handles as they are ridiculously slippery and even more when any amount of chalk is applied. If it had metal handles I would like it much more. So before you put the WW on the back-burner first figure out what your goal is as both may help you meet it versus using just one or the other. 

I also wonder why they made such slippery handles. Can’t get a good hold to maximize your strength.... unless that was their point.... to Mimick a hand slipping out of the lock up?

17 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I also wonder why they made such slippery handles. Can’t get a good hold to maximize your strength.... unless that was their point.... to Mimick a hand slipping out of the lock up?

Idk but I hate the ultra high density plastic for grip feats...I like the handle for cupping and false grip for AW but not for grip

4 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

Idk but I hate the ultra high density plastic for grip feats...I like the handle for cupping and false grip for AW but not for grip

Yea because your hand slips due to the surface rather than you actual “grip” being taxed.

• 7 months later...

I have seen a couple of posts about the Country Crush Handle. If you receive a product from me and it is not performing as designed. you have 30 days to return the product and I will replace the defective item.

you can email me www.countrycrush.info@gmail.com or you can call me at 661-825-5292