country crush or wrist developer

ImpGrip

if you bought a country crush would you basically be able to use that for the same reasons as using a wrist developer?? like with single arm picks on it? opinions on both?

7 hours ago, ImpGrip said:

if you bought a country crush would you basically be able to use that for the same reasons as using a wrist developer?? like with single arm picks on it? opinions on both?

I wouldmt think do. The wrist developer is a very specific training tool used to beef up the reverse bending style. 

The country crush is for wrist and grip. Just in a different way.

Totally different things, unless you're into reverse bending (or possibly underhand) skip the wd and work with a sledge or really anything for levering. Loadable DB with weights on one side works well.

cool thanks guys looks like im just gonna go with the country crush and put the wrist wrench on the back burner

what are all the things you can do witht he country crush

2 hours ago, ImpGrip said:

cool thanks guys looks like im just gonna go with the country crush and put the wrist wrench on the back burner

Wait.  The Wrist Wrench and the Wrist Developer are two totally different implements.  Which one are you looking at?

12 hours ago, ImpGrip said:

Dude you originally said wrist developer… Now you are  saying wrist wrench…Two totally different things bro. The wrist  developer is for bending....The wrist wrench is used for strengthening the wrists  for arm wrestling as well as thick  bar anti-rotation for lifts such as the inch dumbbell. If your question is whether a country crush or wrist  wrench Is better for bending I would say the wrist  wrench over the country crush... But I don’t think either of them are the optimal tools for that activity. Bending and sledge Levering Will be helpful as well as the wrist developer. I love the wrist wrench and it does build strong wrists.... but perhaps not in the positions called on when bending. I’m sure someone will jump in and educate me if I am on the wrong track.

Edited by Guest

Just now, ImpGrip said:

damnit i meant the wrist wrench   the one with the thick handle you roll up 

Yea that’s a great tool.. but there are better things for bending.... and that isn’t it.

2 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Yea that’s a great tool.. but there are better things for bending.... and that isn’t it.

Best thing for bemding is bending! 

You’d kill reverse and DU withyour tremendous wrist strength. 

12 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Best thing for bemding is bending! 

You’d kill reverse and DU withyour tremendous wrist strength. 

Yea I mentioned to him about bending being the best thing in a previous post... just like closing grippers is the best thing to close grippers. Had a guy ask me on my you tube what device he should buy to close grippers.... I told him.. GRIPPERS. Haha. I am very curious about what I could do with bending Kapster. Is the consensus though that bending hinders other grip endeavors? Meaning, if you are bending does it inhibit progress with other feats.

9 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Meaning, if you are bending does it inhibit progress with other feats.

I have found difficulty balancing bending and grippers. That being said, lots of really strong guys have held elite status at both simultaneously, Tommy Jennings and Aaron Corcoran come to mind 

Just now, Boulderbrew said:

I have found difficulty balancing bending and grippers. That being said, lots of really strong guys have held elite status at both simultaneously, Tommy Jennings and Aaron Corcoran come to mind 

So it’s not going to affect my pinch and thick bar?

6 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

Also, Aaron is strong all around. That’s how I like to be also... not just at grip. He, like myself was strong from day one before ever lifting. Just don’t want bending if I decide to dabble to affect competition style lifts.

5 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

It's all about moderation and having fun. People who go balls to the wall and redline every session get hurt. Bending is a lot of fun,  card tearing is fun, and gripsport is fun. Personally I am happy to dabble in all of it. I just put the most effort into what contests and goals I have coming up. I certainly would not put up a wall to anything. You obviously have tremendous reverse bending potential, and after all reverse bending is the safest form of bending.

6 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

It's all about moderation and having fun. People who go balls to the wall and redline every session get hurt. Bending is a lot of fun,  card tearing is fun, and gripsport is fun. Personally I am happy to dabble in all of it. I just put the most effort into what contests and goals I have coming up. I certainly would not put up a wall to anything. You obviously have tremendous reverse bending potential, and after all reverse bending is the safest form of bending.

Thanks for your input Tanner. Appreciate it my man. Kapster keeps nudging me to give it a try and I just might. Just have to have this blasted middle finger heal first. It definitely looks like a cool thing to be good at. That’s why I love sledging so much... the rarity and wow factor of it. I like strength that most of society doesn’t know about or have.

The balance is difficult. I cant do much while bending.  I dont go balls in with7 bends. I do a couple quick bends and 1 big one. 

Example:

2-3 grade 5s, or 1/4 round/hex rest 3-4 minutes and then hit like a single grade 8 or a single 19/64 drill rod or a couple 9/32 drill rod.

Other times a cut a bar and bend it and thats all I do. As a DU with nerve issues I gotta play it safe. I seem to do fine key pinching and tearing. Grippers not so much. Im trash now. 

Im happy with my progress, taking it slow and rehab makes a big difference. Im determined to be the next big DU bender. 

8 minutes ago, KapMan said:

The balance is difficult. I cant do much while bending.  I dont go balls in with7 bends. I do a couple quick bends and 1 big one. 

Example:

2-3 grade 5s, or 1/4 round/hex rest 3-4 minutes and then hit like a single grade 8 or a single 19/64 drill rod or a couple 9/32 drill rod.

Other times a cut a bar and bend it and thats all I do. As a DU with nerve issues I gotta play it safe. I seem to do fine key pinching and tearing. Grippers not so much. Im trash now. 

Im happy with my progress, taking it slow and rehab makes a big difference. Im determined to be the next big DU bender. 

DU is double underhand right? 

iv never tried bending at all  i just like to do grip stuff to compliment strongman training ect.. what would be the best way to start bending or cheapest way to try bending something lol to see if i like it.

also i just orders the country crush still debating on the wrist wrench i just thought it looked like it would help with wrist strength in benching and pressing things?

7 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

And that’s the style you think I’d be good at?

Honestly up to you. Try all three. See what you are comfortable with and go with. Reas the bending the bending section too. 

40 minutes ago, ImpGrip said:

iv never tried bending at all  i just like to do grip stuff to compliment strongman training ect.. what would be the best way to start bending or cheapest way to try bending something lol to see if i like it.

Cheapest way is to get 60D nails. I believe.  but bending is specific too. Read the bending board and see what you think. 

18 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I don’t think it should.  At my best I would only do one bar twice a week with my current goal and I was still progressing well.  Some might need more volume but just start slow and see how it goes.  

7 minutes ago, Martin Gaisser said:

I don’t think it should.  At my best I would only do one bar twice a week with my current goal and I was still progressing well.  Some might need more volume but just start slow and see how it goes.  

Oh just bend one bar a week? Gotcha! Wasn’t sure what the volume and frequency of such a thing would be!

3 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Oh just bend one bar a week? Gotcha! Wasn’t sure what the volume and frequency of such a thing would be!

Actually 2 separate bars.  I did one bar twice a week,  one bar one day then another fresh one the next until I got it from start to finish within fbbc’s 5 min time rule.  After that I’d cut 1/2” off the length and repeat.  I’d usually try not to go over 10 minutes on one attempt.  2-3 hard hits on it at a time then catch my breath for a minute or so then repeat. Usually 2-3 days in between each bend attempt just depending on how I was feeling.  Sorry for the confusion.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Martin Gaisser said:

Actually 2 separate bars.  I did one bar twice a week,  one bar one day then another fresh one the next until I got it from start to finish within fbbc’s 5 min time rule.  After that I’d cut 1/2” off the length and repeat.  I’d usually try not to go over 10 minutes on one attempt.  2-3 hard hits on it at a time then catch my breath for a minute or so then repeat. Usually 2-3 days in between each bend attempt just depending on how I was feeling.  Sorry for the confusion.   

What do you use? What should I use to get into it?