Wrist Developer World Record

Paul Savage

Hi I have steel snapping in an up coming contest and normally don't do any bending. Only thing I have to train on right now is David Horne's V2 wrist developer. Struggling to find out any information about what might be good/high level? Also can't seem to find any kind of world record. Assuming they don't officially hold one but does any one know what the highest level any one has done is? Also roughly what kind of level is the max setting on the orange spring equal to? I did it for 10 reps earlier (2nd training in) will put video below for any pointers as I don't really know what I'm doing technique wise etc Thanks.

• Like 2

I would ask David the questions about the wrist developer, just email him.  As far as the snapping, the WD is not going to help much, besides the initial start if you are doing that reverse. You need to hit up the hardware store and get some snapping in. What type of snapping are you doing?

Edited by Donc101

Good questions, I would also like to know this.

As for the orange spring I think the highest level feels about the same as the second level with the chrome spring. But as you already know the chrome spring is much harder from the start.

And, as Donc101 pointed out if you're going to do snapping you need to practice that a lot, it's very hard in my opinion and you'll need to practice it.

Thanks. I didn't know if David would know the most that's been done or not if there's no official record. An also wanted to put the video up to everybody for any pointers on it. I especially don't want to get hurt if I'm doing anything wrong.

I've seen a video of the snapping now, would like to keep doing a bit of wrist developer as 3 events with a lot of wrist involved in comp and would like to keep good balance in the forearms etc

The bending event is snapping either one or two 6" nails taped together in the shortest time possible. It's done on the legs so would just be the first bit I'd do reverse. Is a 6" nail a normal thing to bend in bending? Does the sharp end not puncture through the wraps? Also is that just a normal galvanised 6" nail? I've seen 40 of them for £12 on EBay. I briefly did some bending many years back but never used actual nails.

Oh an I seen the most that was done in worlds strongest hands 2012 was a level 10 (might of been 11) which seems pretty low?? Think it was only 3 and 4 notches up each side with medium spring (dipped black, dipped gold end etc)

50 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

Oh an I seen the most that was done in worlds strongest hands 2012 was a level 10 (might of been 11) which seems pretty low?? Think it was only 3 and 4 notches up each side with medium spring (dipped black, dipped gold end etc)

The first version of the WD is harder than the second. I can tell you that much.

As for the nails, yes 6" and 7" is normal for reverse bending. I don't think you need to worry so much about technique with reverse bending, not much that can go wrong there. It will not go through the wraps as long as you use full sized wraps, at least not on this level of resistance.

Ok thanks. Not sure if I have full sized wraps or not, think they are suede wraps off David's site I have. Purchased 40 6" nails.

1 hour ago, JoshW said:

Not sure, try the CROM spring if you have one.

Tried the crom earlier, I was beat when I tried it and just with wraps that I can slide on and off easy so don't know how much difference that makes but couldn't quite do what I understand to be lvl 10 (notches 3 and 2). Someone on Instagram said they have done a lvl 14 with crom spring a bunch of times. Most I've heard of so far. Not found any videos of anything other than orange spring on the v2.

15 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

Tried the crom earlier, I was beat when I tried it and just with wraps that I can slide on and off easy so don't know how much difference that makes but couldn't quite do what I understand to be lvl 10 (notches 3 and 2). Someone on Instagram said they have done a lvl 14 with crom spring a bunch of times. Most I've heard of so far. Not found any videos of anything other than orange spring on the v2.

I don’t remember exactly what I did back when I was training it but I’m pretty sure I could go past level 14 on the crom spring (new non-stretched spring) on the WD2. I used to easily rep out with the orange spring on maxiumum setting. 

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

I don’t remember exactly what I did back when I was training it but I’m pretty sure I could go past level 14 on the crom spring (new non-stretched spring) on the WD2. I used to easily rep out with the orange spring on maxiumum setting. 

Have you got any videos of that? Be good to see. Found the bottom notches on the Crom spring to be harder than top notches with orange. I think lvl 15 crom would be harder than two orange springs put together. 

Cool Paul. Thought to cert on the Red? You would reverse it and then finish it easily as you have the upper body strength. 

4 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Cool Paul. Thought to cert on the Red? You would reverse it and then finish it easily as you have the upper body strength. 

Yeah have thought about it, not yet back to doing any actual nail bending at this stage though. Last time I tried I couldn't do anything with a red nail, though that was several years ago when I had zero upper body strength so we'll see, think I still have a couple to try.