19 lb. Rear Pickaxe lift

Kluv#0

21 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

I don't want to get off track from the well deserved congrats on Mike's awesome feat, but Joe your feat looks just like the first part of Sim the Hammer Man in the Movie Gallery sub-forum below. Without knowing the weight of his hammers, of course. It would be cool to see you put together the rear lift and the double face lever with the 16#'s.

Not sure of the execution going off memory here.....

13 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks Riccardo, as you know this lift was a lot of hard training over the last 10 months- very proud and felt like I had more in the wrist tank:)

There's definitely more there...

• Like 1

Are you all working on the first part of the Slim Lever as well- where it starts on the floor - and you wrist lever it to vertical keeping your hand on the floor?  Kind of the opposite of this lift?

Edited by climber511

19 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Are you all working on the first part of the Slim Lever as well- where it starts on the floor - and you wrist lever it to vertical keeping your hand on the floor?  Kind of the opposite of this lift?

Joe is the sledge guy but for me I have never tried that lift. I will try it sometime soon

23 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks, out of all my training lifts that I have done this is by far the hardest and my best lift ever. Fun lift and genius pickaxe. David Horne, who is miles(24lbs) the best at this lift in the world, has a great video on the exact specifications for the pickaxe. You have the strength and size to excel at this lift no doubt!

Thanks mate!

I really dont think most people understand how difficult heavy levers are. A local strongman came to town when i was 14 and did a demo of strongman and highland games. He was the largest human I'd ever seen! not very tall, but THICK! One demo was a 5'6" wooden dowel with 2.5 lbs hung on the end with a finishing nail.  "I got 20 bucks says noone can pick this up"   and he was right, noone did lmao And thats in a small fishing town where most of those guys have some powerful lower limbs. guys were getting some mad when he started tossing the stick back and forth "common guys, its easy! just pick it up!" lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gingernaut25 said:

Thanks mate!

I really dont think most people understand how difficult heavy levers are. A local strongman came to town when i was 14 and did a demo of strongman and highland games. He was the largest human I'd ever seen! not very tall, but THICK! One demo was a 5'6" wooden dowel with 2.5 lbs hung on the end with a finishing nail.  "I got 20 bucks says noone can pick this up"   and he was right, noone did lmao And thats in a small fishing town where most of those guys have some powerful lower limbs. guys were getting some mad when he started tossing the stick back and forth "common guys, its easy! just pick it up!" lol

That’s one of the reasons I Love levering! It’s so deceptive... it humbles the “strongest” of men.... the “oh that’s so easy” crowd. It’s fun having hammers at the house when a party is going on and wowing the kids with them. So portable yet such an effective tool for lower arm strength. It’s definitely a showmans tool if uses properly. ME LOVES EM!

10 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

That’s one of the reasons I Love levering! It’s so deceptive... it humbles the “strongest” of men.... the “oh that’s so easy” crowd. It’s fun having hammers at the house when a party is going on and wowing the kids with them. So portable yet such an effective tool for lower arm strength. It’s definitely a showmans tool if uses properly. ME LOVES EM!

I've had hammers a few times at Gripmas and always have 12 - 16 - or 20# sledge to the face options even in my Medleys.  I have seen a few guys over the years that were just flat out stronger than even the strongest normal grip guys - it was a rare privilege to watch them.  I grew up on The MIghty Atom and Slim the Hammerman - always wished I could have seen either in person when in their prime.  Someday maybe someone will come along to challenge what they did - but I doubt it will be in my lifetime.

12 minutes ago, climber511 said:

I've had hammers a few times at Gripmas and always have 12 - 16 - or 20# sledge to the face options even in my Medleys.  I have seen a few guys over the years that were just flat out stronger than even the strongest normal grip guys - it was a rare privilege to watch them.  I grew up on The MIghty Atom and Slim the Hammerman - always wished I could have seen either in person when in their prime.  Someday maybe someone will come along to challenge what they did - but I doubt it will be in my lifetime.

Slim is the reason why I ever thought about levering a hammer! Got “sons of Samson” from iron mind back in 1998 or so. Never tried it thought until 2015! Wish I found Grip back then! Haha

• 1 month later...

Wanted to share a great way to overload and improve rear pickaxe and wrist region

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:56 PM, Joseph Sullivan said:

What would you call this? Double rear sledge choke?

I tried a double rear chicken choke once when I was in my teens.  Was blind for a week.  Guess mom was right.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Haha 1

On topic:  Just a really sick lift Mike!!!  :rock

• Thanks 1