Decided Events:

Euro 2HP
Little Big Horn
NN 
Inch Pinch
Pinch Block Curl

More details to come.

• Like 2

What the heck is these "grip games" topic???

Oh ok may consider this

• 2 weeks later...

Is this competition open to newbies?  It's a bit of a hike so it might be a tough sell to wifey, who is not a huge fan of my new hobby lol, but it sounds really fun.

24 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Is this competition open to newbies?  It's a bit of a hike so it might be a tough sell to wifey, who is not a huge fan of my new hobby lol, but it sounds really fun.

Do it, I went to my first competition just a few weeks after finding out about grip sport and had a blast, met awesome people and learned a ton.

• Like 2

Finalized events

Euro 2HP
Little Big Horn
NN 
Inch Pinch
Pinch Block Curl

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Finalized events

Euro 2HP
Little Big Horn
NN 
Inch Pinch
Pinch Block Curl

Dude these events are awesome! Can’t wait for February! Will be a blast!

12 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Finalized events

Euro 2HP
Little Big Horn
NN 
Inch Pinch
Pinch Block Curl

What?!?!? No silver bullet?!?!?! I ain't going then... lol

• Like 1

I'll be totally honest.  I'm not running an event I can't physically do.  I can barely close a #1 right now, due to my injury.

If that's wrong, then I'm wrong, buddy.  You'll be missed if you don't come.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2017 at 10:58 AM, Vinnie said:

Absolutely.  We always give new gripsters plenty of help at contests who need it.  I hope you and your wife attend and have a good time.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

I'll be totally honest.  I'm not running an event I can't physically do.  I can barely close a #1 right now, due to my injury.

If that's wrong, then I'm wrong, buddy.  You'll be missed if you don't come.

I was joking Jedd... I didn't know the injury was that bad... I would like to come, see if anything gets in the way. Wedding plans filling up my schedule

• Like 1

Probably a silly question... what's an inch pinch?

Never mind.  It's Luke's little block.  Got it.  Will it be done as a key pinch?

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

yes it will be key pinch style

-trying to get some records for these implements...I plan on only keeping contest only records; gym lifts gets too crazy to keep track of 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JStepien said:

I was joking Jedd... I didn't know the injury was that bad... I would like to come, see if anything gets in the way. Wedding plans filling up my schedule

Yeah, it's still giving me trouble with things like grippers and lifting sandbags and stuff.  Dynamic stuff.

• Like 1

Wasn't sure about the blob curl.  Not supposed to curl anything because of the biceps tendon partial tear.  Figured I'd see if I could even do half a 75.  Can.  It hurt.  I'll just do this at the comp and stop there.  Wasn't going to come up if I couldn't do all the events.  I'll get last, but at lesst I can do something.  I'm in.

Blob curl left and right

7 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Wasn't sure about the blob curl.  Not supposed to curl anything because of the biceps tendon partial tear.  Figured I'd see if I could even do half a 75.  Can.  It hurt.  I'll just do this at the comp and stop there.  Wasn't going to come up if I couldn't do all the events.  I'll get last, but at lesst I can do something.  I'm in.

Blob curl left and right

It’s not a blob curl Mikey! It’s the NAGS pinch block curl i believe.

Six of one.  Half dozen of another.  At least wanted to know I could curl this lil guy or it's not worth a 4 hour drive.

Ok well, just got the green light to go to the event from future wifey... for now?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JStepien said:

Ok well, just got the green light to go to the event from future wifey... for now?

Well, at least I'll be stronger than someone.  Phew.  Thanks buddy.  :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Got 60 on the inch pinch today.  No idea if that's good or bad.  Let me know.

60 inch pinch

I have no idea... I’m gonna use inch pinch for the first time tomorrow... sounds like a great number though! Much better tool than the stub if you ask me.

13 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I have no idea... I’m gonna use inch pinch for the first time tomorrow... sounds like a great number though! Much better tool than the stub if you ask me.

Like @Jedd Johnson I credit all my grip accomplishments, every piece of steel I've ever bent, and most of my athletic accomplishments to the stub lift.  I mean really... has there ever been a more functional lift?  I think not.

• Haha 1