Distribution of Grip Sport Contests in Europe - 2017

Mywor

This is a "shameless" copy from @Eric Roussin thread "Distribution of Grip Sport Contests in North America - 2017"

I´m quite certain I missed some events, but here is a list I was able to come up with with help of @jouni mähönen @Marco Buhl @Jürgen Garschall @Thomas Larsen and David Hornes list of competitions held in UK.

If you have any competitions to add please leave a message.

No wonder Finland is doing quite well in the grip world with 7 grip contests + 1 finger wrestling and 2 King Kong Venues held 2017 within a quite "small" country.

Ks54jXt.gif

FINLAND      

7.1.2017           GRIP MEDLEY + 3 Horne events                                                       Lempäälä, Finland

3.2.2017           Finnish Grip Nationals                                                                        Luumäki, Finland

29.4.2017         Rolling Thunder Nationals                                                                 Jyväskylä, Finland

27.5.2017         Horne Record Breakers                                                                      Järvenpää, Finland

8.7.2017           Finger wrestling                                                                                   Järvenpää, Finland

12.8.2017         SAWO OPEN                                                                                         Iisalmi, Finland

10.9.2017         WHEA Worlds                                                                                      Hämeenlinna, Finland

28.10.2017        King Kong Venues                                                                              Iisalmi and Järvenpää

18.11.2017      Savo Grip Championchips                                                                  Iisalmi, Finland

AUSTRIA      

6.5.2017           APL European Grip Championchips/ Austria Nationals             Purgstall an der Erlauf, Austria

NORWAY     

7.1.2017            Norwegian Grip Championships                                                      Vestfold, Norway

13.5. 2017         European Grip Championship                                                           Arandel, Norway

28.10.2017        King Kong Venue                                                                                Arendal, Norway

SWEDEN         

17.6.2017          Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge XX                                                   Löddeköpinge, Sweden

GERMANY   

29.7.2017         German Nationals                                                                              Hamburg, Germany

23.9.2017          Sauerland Gripchallenge                                                                  Brilon, Germany

11.11.17            Griffkrat Meeting                                                                                Hannover, Germany

UNITED KINDOM

4.2.2017           Grip Tour of Britain                                                                                        Camberley, England

1.4.2017           The 24th British Grip Championships                                                        Stafford, England

23.4.2017         Grip Tour of Britain                                                                                        Leeds, England

27.5.2017         Grip Tour of Britain - Criccieth Challenge Day                                           Criccieth, Wales

6.8.2017            Gripathon #4                                                                                                  Stafford, England

2.9.2017            Grip Tour of Britain,                                                                                      Camberley, England

10.9.2017         Record Breakers #3,                                                                                      Stafford, England

28.10.2017      King Kong Venue at                                                                                        London, England

ITALY                 

28.10.2017        King Kong Venue

UKRAINE         

23.7.2017          Beginners Grip Sport Contest                                                                          Sumy, Ukraine

28.10.2017        King Kong Venue

Edited by Mywor
  • Like 5

Great stuff, you need to include Russia as well.

I think it's way to few comps, especially here in Sweden where strength sports are so popular. I also think that grip sport needs to be spread more to countries like France, Italy and Spain, which are really big countries.

7 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Great stuff, you need to include Russia as well.

I think it's way to few comps, especially here in Sweden where strength sports are so popular. I also think that grip sport needs to be spread more to countries like France, Italy and Spain, which are really big countries.

Yeah, I sent few messages to Russian armlifters, but none of the replied :(

I had a talk with Romanian gripster who said they will hold a competition in 2018 though.

Edited by Mywor

Russia can definitely be made "green". Just the APL and WAA Armlifting events add up to more than 5 contests in 2017.