How much can you guys sledge face lever?

I can lever my 8 Pound Hammer like a boss, but I don't train it very much because it hurts so bad.  

I just tried a 16 pound hammer in the hardware store cold. People were looking at me like what is a matter with you mostly because I almost dropped it on my face.

38 minutes ago, Adam Juncker said:

I can lever my 8 Pound Hammer like a boss, but I don't train it very much because it hurts so bad.  

I just tried a 16 pound hammer in the hardware store cold. People were looking at me like what is a matter with you mostly because I almost dropped it on my face.

Dude I LOVE going to the hardware store and putting on a show.... I’ll walk up to the 16 COLD and blast up to 6 reps a hand! Some people start filming! Haha it’s fun!

On 12/20/2017 at 5:46 AM, KapMan said:

It is what it is. Its the only hammer I have like that. My memory is swift so take that for what it is. I just know i use 31” .

Chill my friend :D This has nothing to do with being smart or not :D I have made this mistake in the past. So what?

Got this beautiful pair of 12lb hammers for Christmas! Interestingly they are 36" overall length. They were purchased at TSC. I'm thinking I'll cut 4" off and wrap the handles in leather as I wanted them specifically to do double Slim levers into a double crucifix lever. 

20171225_144347.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

Got this beautiful pair of 12lb hammers for Christmas! Interestingly they are 36" overall length. They were purchased at TSC. I'm thinking I'll cut 4" off and wrap the handles in leather as I wanted them specifically to do double Slim levers into a double crucifix lever. 

20171225_144347.jpg

DUBESTER! I LOVE the double 12s bro! Every wrist aficionado should have em! I am actually gonna get another 16 to do a double 16 crucifix! It’s about that time!

22 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

20171225_144347.jpg

Nice! I love the case you have them in. You gotta protect your hammers so they keep making your wrists stronger for you.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

Nice! I love the case you have them in. You gotta protect your hammers so they keep making your wrists stronger for you.

That is an ingenious idea right? I’ll have to use one of my gun cases! 

54 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

20171225_144347.jpg

How i wish i can do doubles.

i like my 36” full length baby

14 minutes ago, KapMan said:

How i wish i can do doubles.

i like my 36” full length baby

Well Kapster.... there’s another fella confirming your 36 inches! Not that we thought you were lying! Dubes is from Canada.... that’s why I asked if you were from another country... 36 inchers May be more common in other places.  How much harder do you say a 36 inch hammer feels to a 32 of the same weight? Would a 10 feel like a 12? 

12.5% harder.  A 10 would be like a 11.25.  12 like a 13.5.

Edited by Mike Rinderle

1 hour ago, Andrew Dube said:

20171225_144347.jpg

Notice he says 36" "overall".

55 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Well Kapster.... there’s another fella confirming your 36 inches! Not that we thought you were lying! Dubes is from Canada.... that’s why I asked if you were from another country... 36 inchers May be more common in other places.  How much harder do you say a 36 inch hammer feels to a 32 of the same weight? Would a 10 feel like a 12? 

The one you guys thought i measured wrong has 31” handle. My lighter ones are bigger

11 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

12.5% harder.  A 10 would be like a 11.25.  12 like a 13.5.

I talked about this with an engineer friend of mine and he confirmed this math. But I was curious because it certainly "feels" harder than the math would predict. I took this picture showing the difference in angles between the hammer and arm as well as the hammer and ground. The shorter handle seems closer to parallel but the wrist angle is more acute on the longer handle. Looks like I open my fingers quite a bit actually. The shoulder position is pretty different too. So I think there's a lot more going on than simple physics. Could be the extra ROM, could be change in body position, but for me these 12lb at 36" feel like a 16lb at 32". Note that I didn' actually lever these hammers but rested them on my nose. 

And yes the gun case was a very elegant way to gift them! 

IMG-20171226-WA0001.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

I talked about this with an engineer friend of mine and he confirmed this math. But I was curious because it certainly "feels" harder than the math would predict. I took this picture showing the difference in angles between the hammer and arm as well as the hammer and ground. The shorter handle seems closer to parallel but the wrist angle is more acute on the longer handle. Looks like I open my fingers quite a bit actually. The shoulder position is pretty different too. So I think there's a lot more going on than simple physics. Could be the extra ROM, could be change in body position, but for me these 12lb at 36" feel like a 16lb at 32". Note that I didn' actually lever these hammers but rested them on my nose. 

And yes the gun case was a very elegant way to gift them! 

IMG-20171226-WA0001.jpg

Your nose looks funny LOL

13 hours ago, climber511 said:

Your nose looks funny LOL

This grip stuff isn't making me any prettier!

5 hours ago, Andrew Dube said:

This grip stuff isn't making me any prettier!

This ones for you Dubester! I’m feeling weak as dog snot after weeks of holiday junk food. Decided to kneel on my  haunches and give my old lady 16 some kisses! 

46 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

This ones for you Dubester! I’m feeling weak as dog snot after weeks of holiday junk food. Decided to kneel on my  haunches and give my old lady 16 some kisses! 

That is awesome big Joe

1 minute ago, Kluv#0 said:

That is awesome big Joe

1 minute ago, Kluv#0 said:

That is awesome big Joe

Dude I am dragging butt this week after all the junk food the past 2 weeks. I’m struggling to do things I was able to do a few weeks ago. Tried a TNS Number 3 tonight but I wasn’t feeling it at all.

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Dude I am dragging butt this week after all the junk food the past 2 weeks. I’m struggling to do things I was able to do a few weeks ago. Tried a TNS Number 3 tonight but I wasn’t feeling it at all.

Whats the weight on your 3?

6 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Whats the weight on your 3?

I have no clue bro. It was given to me New in the package by Jedd Johnson. I can TNS it.... had trouble with it tonight thought. Got 5 reps TNS with my 2.5 but it was a lot harder than usual.

15 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Great stuff big Joe! Kneeling variations definitely add a unique challenge. Hope the holidays have been good to you!

54 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

Great stuff big Joe! Kneeling variations definitely add a unique challenge. Hope the holidays have been good to you!

Thanks Dude! Yes Jesus Christ is good to me... all the time!