Coc3 failed cert gripper revenge.

Josh O'Dell

7 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Same sentiments. I feel a little guilty on knowing this now.. i did not allow Morgan to oil the spring on his 3.5 cert attempt simply because i was unsure and did not want it to cost him his cert had he closed it. I did recall at the time of his cert attempt him being allowed to do a few chest crush closes first, or even a MMs if he wanted, prior to his CCs attempts to get a feel for the gripper. 

Another small thing i didnt let fly on his official attempts was an onlooker at the Harley dealership (where we did his cert attempt) asked if he could try the gripper between Morgans attempts, and i said "nah man. Dont touch it till hes done." Lol, i may have been a bit overzealous with it, but i looked forward to seeing him close it under official conditions with no questionable stuff happening. 

at the time, as far as i was concerned, i didnt consider oiling the spring foul play, but opted out of allowing it simply due to not being sure if he could or not. I would have felt really bad if i had allowed it, and then he closed it, only to find out it was against cert rules and he would not have got credit for the close though.

Tommy, how far off in fractions of an inch or millimeters, would you estimate that he was away from closing?

Wow i had no clue you could mess with it beforehand at all.. if i would have chest crushed it and oiled it i know it would have went down.

14 hours ago, Josh O'Dell said:

Wow i had no clue you could mess with it beforehand at all.. if i would have chest crushed it and oiled it i know it would have went down.

Now you know!

• Like 1