New world record just broken!!

Kevin Fulton

Yes it's true!!   I recently did an amazing 602.3 lbs on my thick bar hay bale lifting apparatus!!  I designed this precise piece of equipment myself right here in my farm shop!  I believe that this new device will set the standard for thick bar lifting in the future.  The handles are interchangeable so various thicknesses can be tested.  My record was achieved by using 2" thick handles and using both hands.

Please let me elaborate---

The machine is "professionally" designed by me.   I believe I am the only farmer in the word who is designing grip equipment right here on the back forty!  It is very sophisticated and the weights are modified using bales of hay which are accurately weighed on the feed scale.  The bales sit on a platform that revolves around a shaft using special needle pin bearings.  You do however need a small tractor to move the apparatus around but every farm has one and I'm NOT making this equipment for you peons that train at home or in your garage or wherever!!     This after all is a "professional farm training environment!!  This is built strictly for barnyard gyms and I'm not really interested in what you non-agrarian folks are doing out there....

The range of motion on this machine is approximately 2.5 nanometers.  How do we determine if this distance has been reached??   Glad you asked.  There is a whistle that blows as soon as this distance has been achieved making it unneccessary for the use of judges.  This also makes it MUCH more accurate and a more true test of gripping power.  

The only drawback I can see (besides the tractor) is the special cleaning solution that must be used to clean the handles.  This must be done before every attempt for best results.  This solution is specially formulated to remove any hay dust particles, manure, grease etc. that may be present in this environment.  It also effectively kills e.coli for those of you that may be concerned.  Because of the nature of the solution, special rubber gloves (chemically resistant) must also be worn to protect the skin.  This is actually a bonus because I have found that they enable you to lift more weight  so the records look even more impressive!!  

I know ALL of you will want one of these but I WILL NOT be selling them!  If you wish to lift in my "World Championships" of thick bar bale lifting you will have to travel to my farm which is conveniently located right here in Nebraska.  This is the ONLY contest of this kind anywhere in the world.  Others who may try to emulate this event are just amateur wannabe's so don't be fooled!!

I know that a few of you might be skeptical about my claims.  You're probably  all wondering what I could do on a simple 2" barbell.  Well.....That's for me to know and you to find out!  Ha ha.   But seriously, there is absolutely NO corellation at all between my machine and other thick bar dumbells or barbells.  In fact I refuse to use such devices that you simpletons have all been using for years now.  Let's face it,  those devices are archaic and not accurate at all.  Besides my machine is much easier to use and the weight one can achieve is much more impressive.   Herman Goerner would have loved one of these things!

Lastly,  you naysayers can say whatever you want because I  know that you all really wish you had one of these machines that I have built here in my very own grip research center!  By the way, I believe this to be the only research center like this in the world.  Maybe someday one of you will even be able to break my record!!  I would like to challenge David, Nick and all you other grip enthusiasts to give it a go...that way we can really see what you're made of!

Kevin Fulton is certainly the most rationnal person on this board. I like this post as it demonstrates that some of us (you know who you are) are sometimes show offs.

Well done Kevin !

Guest CrazyCarl95

I'm only about 5 hours away from you Kevin, but after we schedule the "Farm Hay Bale Lifting Championships" you will probably cancel on me so I can't give it a whirl.

Whooo hoooo! Congrats Kevin!!!  EEEEHHAAAA!

You da man!

When do I get that autographed pic of your hands?

Whoops, forgot to tell ya Miss Cleo is my hero.  Hope that doesn't tarnish this congrats post.  :p

Sorry to report you have already missed the World Championships for this event.  They were held earlier today.  I advertised this in a full page ad in the Elm Township Grip Gazette.  Apparently some of you don't get this fine publication or else you were just afraid of getting beat.  Anyway a few of the locals entered but I was able to beat them in convincing fashion.  I exceeded my existing record and made 622.7 lbs!!  My neighbor Billy Bob came in a distant second with 385 lbs.  In all fairness to Billy, he only has one hand which may have made a difference.  A threshing machine took his arm off back in the fall of '38.  Did I mention he is a little older than me too?  Anyway I thought he did OK considering the handicap and the fact that  it was the first time he had ever tried the machine...  He then had the nerve to challenged me to a one-hand pinch contest using plates but of course I refused.   I was not going to let that old geezer piss on my parade!!

Wait a sec here Kevin!

What can you do with a regular thick bar and plates?  So, we can get a comparison since none of us have your fancy dancy machine.

Ahhhhh Sanity returns to the grip board. Can you feel it? NO/ I’m sorry I forgot I am the only one with the sixth sense to feel it. HEEEEEEEEEe  HAAAAAAAAa congrats to the bail lifting grass chewing farm boy!!!! :0

WOW!!!  Truely a great feat of strength.  What would the difference be if we used real plates instead of hay bales?  Or would there be any at all, probably not....  

Tell Billy to get a fake arm with a hook, that way he'll fair better.  Also, someone made a fountain of youth machine, he may also wanna check in on that.....

Sorry to ruin your ride, Kevin..... but over here at "Sybersnott Industries, Inc.", I have assembled the greatest talent of gripmasters the world has ever known!  We are using SCIENTIFIC measurements, SCIENTIFIC equipment designed by SCIENTIFIC minds!  You Nebraska farm boys just don't impress me!!  :)   :)

SERIOUSLY - if you haven't been paying attention lately, you know better than that!  Claiming a world record MEANS NOTHING until you can have an official credible judge/witness verify your achievement.  We just had a guy get on this board recently claiming a world record pinch grip on a machine no one has ever heard about nor seen, and now you do the same thing.  Shame on you!!

Let's not get ugly - I'm NOT doubting you or your abilities or the record.... let's just get everything straight.  Now is the time to send a IGC official to witness this record (and take pictures and all that stuff).  Anyone who knows Kevin Fulton knows that he does and speaks the TRUTH - but a second credible official is in order here.  Let's do that now.

Woody, I do agree that Vince Basile does indeed seem to have a deep love of gripping and that this thread may be a little on the cruel side. But I think what may have brought this on was the simple fact that he seems unable to clamp two plates together and give them the pinch-grip whirl. I'm sure no-one would have any qualms about accepting his 203.5lb "world record" on his machine if we knew roughly what that related to with the usual plate set-up. In fact, given the amount of effort put into building the machine I would not be suprised if he had one of the best pinch-grips around. But unless we can get hold of a copy of that machine then we all have to go Down Under to see what we could do on it, which is not really ideal. If he were to report back that he could pinch 2 45's (or whatever) I'm sure he would be welcomed and we could then concentrate on the merits of his machine.

As for Kevin's Hay Bale thick bar, I'm a little concerned that even if I did have a handle the hay in Britain might be less aerodynamic than American hay, especially over 2.5 nanometers!