The Gripmas Carol

climber511

I’d like to try something a little different at Gripmas this year.  I will be of course hitting up all my long time sponsors who have been so loyal over the years.  But I’d like to ask everyone who is attending Gripmas to be a sponsor as well.  This is certainly not mandatory in any way and will be done anonymously.  Please bring some small item that you no longer use or are done with like a book – bent steel etc to be given away as a prize – look at it as a kind of an exchange program perhaps.  I have a “Power Rack Glute Ham” I’m giving away – it will probably need modified to fit your rack but it’s a pretty nice piece – it’s been taking up space and not used for several years now (you will need some space in your car to get it home).  I also have a few books that will go on the table.  And if you don’t want to participate – that’s just fine as well.  Of course I only have 3 people signed up so far – so who knows how this might work out?  It’s just something that ran through my head today.

IMG_1479.JPG

Edited by climber511
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, climber511 said:

I’d like to try something a little different at Gripmas this year.  I will be of course hitting up all my long time sponsors who have been so loyal over the years.  But I’d like to ask everyone who is attending Gripmas to be a sponsor as well.  This is certainly not mandatory in any way and will be done anonymously.  Please bring some small item that you no longer use or are done with like a book – bent steel etc to be given away as a prize – look at it as a kind of an exchange program perhaps.  I have a “Power Rack Glute Ham” I’m giving away – it will probably need modified to fit your rack but it’s a pretty nice piece – it’s been taking up space and not used for several years now (you will need some space in your car to get it home).  I also have a few books that will go on the table.  And if you don’t want to participate – that’s just fine as well.  Of course I only have 3 people signed up so far – so who knows how this might work out?  It’s just something that ran through my head today.

IMG_1479.JPG

Sort of like "secret Santa".

I am already making stuff to bring to Gripmas. I will be late signing up but I am coming.

2 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

Sort of like "secret Santa".

I am already making stuff to bring to Gripmas. I will be late signing up but I am coming.

Wouldn't be the same without you!

• Like 1

Chris I'm 90% sure I'm coming.

I'll bring some toys. :)

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Just now, Andrew P said:

Chris I'm 90% sure I'm coming.

Don't think you've ever missed one have you?

1 minute ago, climber511 said:

Don't think you've ever missed one have you?

Last year when the daughter got hand foot and mouth. :(

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Last year when the daughter got hand foot and mouth. :(

Well don't let it happen again - the sick daughter - or missing Gripmas :)

I have the Medley laid out for this year - but it's in Excel and goes crazy when I try to post it - can any of you young guys help me out?

I can post a picture of it if you email it to me, Chris.

1 hour ago, Squeezus said:

I can post a picture of it if you email it to me, Chris.

Thanks Gil!  Andrew Pantke has it and will be posting it soon.  You going to be able to attend this year Gil?  You'll love the sledge event - hurts so good - yeah right:).

Thanks Andrew!  No item and no weight on as item is a definite - except for fixed weight items like Gracie or the Inch - Blobs etc.  Anything loadable is subject to change.  Also not all items will be included - this is just what is being considered at this time.  This will at least give everyone a fair chance to train for things.  Any questions - just ask.

• Like 1

I have been playing with the Sledge in the Rack.  At this point the two weights appear to be 20# (base weight of my setup is a pair of 10# sledge hammers for the light).

The heavy version will probably be 32.5#.  Neither of these weights are set in stone.  It is also likely that I will allow gloves for this event simply due to the pain factor.  Only the gloves I furnish will be allowed so regardless of hand size no one can slip in a pair of heavily padded gloves in gain an advantage.   All gloves will be the same for each size.  This event is not covered by NAGS so there is no rule set to follow - so I guess I'll set the rules.  :)

No number of reps on the light hammers will beat any number on the heavy setup.  You will have a chance to try both pair before the event and then make your choice as to what you want to compete with.

2 hours ago, climber511 said:

Thanks Gil!  Andrew Pantke has it and will be posting it soon.  You going to be able to attend this year Gil?  You'll love the sledge event - hurts so good - yeah right:).

Don't know if I'm gonna make it this year. Next year for sure!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Squeezus said:

Don't know if I'm gonna make it this year. Next year for sure!

Awe...😢

Wait. What am I saying? 93kg class is wide open!!!

48 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

Awe...😢

Wait. What am I saying? 93kg class is wide open!!!

Now all we have to do is have Luke eat his way up a weight class !

39 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Now all we have to do is have Luke eat his way up a weight class !

Send him fruitcake.

Has fruitcake season arrived yet?

They have eggnog at the grocery store so I am gonna have a hard time not ending up in 120+.

36 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

Send him fruitcake.

Has fruitcake season arrived yet?

They have eggnog at the grocery store so I am gonna have a hard time not ending up in 120+.

It's a Pantke family tradition when someone decides to go on a diet the rest of the family orders pizza's, cake's, and anything else high in calories. Might be time to expand the tradition. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for posting....line 6 looks to be the same for all three points. Is this dependent on the weight class the person is in?

9 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

Thanks for posting....line 6 looks to be the same for all three points. Is this dependent on the weight class the person is in?

I'm curious about that as well since I weigh 275lbs 

1 hour ago, Chez said:

I'm curious about that as well since I weigh 275lbs 

The Medley is a work in progress - some places are "ideas" only at this point.  What I really wanted was to show a list of possible events so that people can train them.  All the items shown will not be used and weights etc are subject to change (except for you Chez - I kinda like what this will do to you :))

• Like 1
  • Haha 1