Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Fleming

Happy 1 year in Grip Sport!

Recommended Posts

Daniel Fleming

All I can say is i'm grateful to have found this sport.

I began training grip last December and a year later Im totally obsessed :).

So far this sport has been nothing but good for me.  Its helped me with discipline. It got me to take my first plane ride ever! (to NCGC II in maryland)   and Ive met some really great people along the way.  

Just like in rock climbing and arm wrestling, Ive found that people involved in grip sport are usually always willing to help you with any questions, and everybody just wants to have a good time.
I'm lucky enough to live a short drive away from Canada's main grip guy @Eric Roussin who's an amazing competitor and world record holder, and who hosts the most grip competitions in the country, which include 3 out of the 4 contests ive had the pleasure of competing in.
I had no idea what to expect when I started training grip, but I'm the type of person to find a hobby and obsess over it and grip ended up being that next obsession.    

2016 was a great year.  I was able to hit many milestones that seemed ages away when I first began training, and I was able to compete a lot which was great because I'm super competitive! (next contest is in 9 days!) 

2017 is going to be a even better.  I'm going to train harder/smarter and most importantly I'm looking forward to traveling a lot more and meeting the rest of the grip community!!

I just want to thank everyone for all the support.   I take all of that into my training and it motivates me to train harder and harder.    This is just the beginning.  Many more years in grip sport to come!

Thanks,

Dan.
 

Edited by Daniel Fleming
  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anwnate

Can't even imagine where you'll be if you keep training in the years to come.  You are crazy impressive already.:bow

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chez

I'm impressed by you dude and you seem like a real cool positive guy. Keep up the great work and I hope we meet one day. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WestSlope

Your posts are part of what is enjoyable about this site to me. Good luck in your comp next week!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kluv#0

Your lift of 100 lbs on the WW after a competition was remarkable. Good luck on your next event I have one the same day too-  first grip contest for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jvance

Keep up the good work. Your progress is inspiring.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anton.Torrella

Congrats on a powerful first year of grip training! You've really impressed and inspired me too with your progress and you definitely got a lot more in you. It was a great time hanging out and competing with you at NCGCII and I'm looking forward to more good times in 2017 - Many more years of prosperous grip gains to you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daniel Fleming
19 hours ago, anwnate said:

Can't even imagine where you'll be if you keep training in the years to come.  You are crazy impressive already.:bow

Thanks Nate! I really appreciate it!  Big goals ahead!

19 hours ago, Chez said:

I'm impressed by you dude and you seem like a real cool positive guy. Keep up the great work and I hope we meet one day. 

Thanks a lot Chez!  Ive watched your gripper videos ever since I began training with grippers.  Really inspirational.

  I shall see you at SJ4 next year!

10 hours ago, WestSlope said:

Your posts are part of what is enjoyable about this site to me. Good luck in your comp next week!

I really appreciate it, and thanks!

7 hours ago, jvance said:

Keep up the good work. Your progress is inspiring.

Thanks a lot Jon!

4 hours ago, Anton.Torrella said:

Congrats on a powerful first year of grip training! You've really impressed and inspired me too with your progress and you definitely got a lot more in you. It was a great time hanging out and competing with you at NCGCII and I'm looking forward to more good times in 2017 - Many more years of prosperous grip gains to you!

Thanks Anton!  I had so much fun in Maryland!   Ill see you again at SJ4!!!

2017 is going to be awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan

Congrats dude! I also started early this year(February) and I cannot believe it its been almost a year. Wish I can join grip competition next year!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daniel Fleming
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Congrats dude! I also started early this year(February) and I cannot believe it its been almost a year. Wish I can join grip competition next year!

Thanks Morgan!   I think everyone in the grip community, including myself, would love to see you compete!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tank Andrade

Your a beast brother look forward to competing with you again soon

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anthony C.

Welcome to the family bro! Was great meeting you at the sj3. You're murdering these weights!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daniel Fleming
7 hours ago, Anthony C. said:

Welcome to the family bro! Was great meeting you at the sj3. You're murdering these weights!

You mean NCGCII ;)

And thanks a lot, brother!

Edited by Daniel Fleming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daniel Fleming
10 hours ago, Tank Andrade said:

Your a beast brother look forward to competing with you again soon

You too man!  it's going to happen sooner or later! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anthony C.
4 hours ago, Daniel Fleming said:

You mean NCGCII ;)

And thanks a lot, brother!

Lmao yeah that's what I meant. Too many contests to keep track hahaha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anwnate
42 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

Lmao yeah that's what I meant. Too many contests to keep track hahaha

Heh.  Definitely understandable.  There were 12 people who attended BOTH contests. 

Dan...I'm looking for a couple of weight class records from you in July. :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daniel Fleming
46 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Heh.  Definitely understandable.  There were 12 people who attended BOTH contests. 

Dan...I'm looking for a couple of weight class records from you in July. :) 

Ive got 8 more months to prepare and my training is already improving!
Im going to give it everything Ive got come SJ4!!!
This is going to be a great contest!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chez
On 12/3/2016 at 11:29 PM, Daniel Fleming said:

Ive got 8 more months to prepare and my training is already improving!
Im going to give it everything Ive got come SJ4!!!
This is going to be a great contest!

 Nice, finally get to meet you!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi

Congrats on all your achievements! More to come :rock

 

But please don't get over excited and injure yourself. Try to be injury free. You will break records.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daniel Fleming
1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

Congrats on all your achievements! More to come :rock

 

But please don't get over excited and injure yourself. Try to be injury free. You will break records.

Thank you, sir!

Im doing my best to stay safe/healthy! :)   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.