Building a beast of a gripper

GripAustria

Building this Beast of a gripper from Material that laying around in my garage

I dont know exactly how hard it is, but very hard, it should help to get me certified on the CoC 3 it's in the style of Joe Kinneys Monster Gripper

20160715_142919.jpg

Grippers are made of spring steel which is a special steel that undergoes specialized metallurgical processes. These processes make the steel go back to its original shape once it is flexed. 

Joe kinney's monster gripper used spring steel, according to functionalhandstrength.com

Once you crush this rebar, it won't go back to the original shape. It's good for one good crush though.

Silvis makes the Frankenstein gripper which is of the shape you are looking for. You can order it with whatever size spring you want and an extended handle. Check it out http://www.tiptopwebsite.com/websites/index2.php?username=silvis&page=1

• Like 3

Having braced bent a good bit of rebar it can often be springy. Not quite to the point of spring steel or anything but likely fine with the short range of this. Very creative use of materials.

Nicely done.

- Aaron

• Like 2

Thanks for the link. Great company with a lot of toys for gripaholics, i think with a compression spring between i can made it more effective. Must figure out a way how do do it.

To Aaron: 

Your method of choking grippers is just brilliant, great thinking

• Like 1