Bending Spikes

ChimpGrip

Maybe he is actually referring to: An imp is a mythological being similar to a fairy or demon, frequently described in folklore and superstition.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by EJ Livesey

I bought my drill rod from where Mike and EJ mentioned. Awesome service and unreal delivery time. Next day!!

• Like 1

I dont think they're associated with the term "strength" like a chimpanzee, not only that, but his username looks like mine in terms of its set up as well, it's "ImpGrip". That looks very similar to mine, minus the C and H.

Do keep in mind that IMP is an abreviation for Iron Mind Pads.

Don't get side tracked with stuff like that whether it's a coincidence or not. Concentrate on your bending and doing worry about that stuff.

• Like 1

You know what's funny? Some loser on here makes the time to mock me with a profile. Anyone who has that kind of time is probably some mooch or welfare recepient who hates to work and would rather sit around make fun of a poster on here. That reinforces the point that there are plenty of useless people in this world. I hope the worst for him.

I try hard to give people the benefit of the doubt on here - but honestly some of your posts sound pretty "troll like" - not only to me but to others it seems. Most of us have been through a few real life trolls and don't have much patience with them any more. If you sincerely want help - and truly want to develop strength - the way to start is to do your homework and learn learn learn. Every question you have is very likely to have been asked and answered here on the GripBoard several times before. I feel it's your responsibility to at the least do some research before you expect it all to be handed to you by others. And don't dodge questions about your training or hesitate when asked for video - you are going to have to give before you can receive. You remind me of the HS kids I coach - wanting the most advanced routines before learning and actually doing the basics.

One of my throwers asked me how to bench 300# the other day - I told him - "first you bench 200#".

Edited by climber511
  • Like 3

Hey chimpgrip what your age, weight, goals, etc.

Hey chimpgrip what your age, weight, goals, etc.

20 yrs old

190 bw

Bending goals or overall strength goals?

Life time strength goals are

600 lb bench press

800+ squat

8-900 raw deadlift

Load a world record atlas stone

Dbell curl 200s

Close CoC 4 and beyond

I want to one day compete in big time strongman competitions, I have a long way to go to say the least

thats pretty lofty. Ok what about short term goals then.

Dbell curl 100s

Bench press 340

Deadlift 4+ (once I get my lower back fixed)

Close CoC 2.5 (no set close)

Lateral raise 65 lb dbells (with fat gripz)

Barbell curl 185 for at least 2 reps

Overhead press 240 (standing)

Powerclean 225

Row 200 lb dbell (no straps)

Pull 350 lbs with one hand

Pull entire stack on seated cable rows with one hand

Shrug 200 lb dbells (no straps)

Ok now pick 2 or 3 of those that you can focus on. The ones that are the most important to you. What are they

600 lb bench press

800+ squat

8-900 raw deadlift

Dbell curl 200s

Close CoC 4 and beyond

I want to one day compete in big time strongman competitions, I have a long way to go to say the least

Damn! The only goals I had when I was 20 was to

Get laid

Finish college

Get laid again

• Like 2

600 lb bench press

800+ squat

8-900 raw deadlift

Dbell curl 200s

Close CoC 4 and beyond

Damn! The only goals I had when I was 20 was to

Get laid

Finish college

Get laid again

lmao

And yeah those are some amazing goals man.

Dbell curl 100s

Bench press 340

Powerclean 225

I would kill for such enthusiasm! You sound nuts but, many a genius been called crazy.lol

I actually read this whole thread hoping there was actually going to be some advice about bending spikes(as in braced - 8",10",12").

Can any one point me in the direction to find that information?

Dbell curl 100s

Bench press 340

Powerclean 225

I would kill for such enthusiasm! You sound nuts but, many a genius been called crazy.lol

You actually quoted the more realistic list of goals, I've done pretty much all of those listed. The other one posted was the one you may have wanted to quote.

I actually read this whole thread hoping there was actually going to be some advice about bending spikes(as in braced - 8",10",12").

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=37686&hl=%2Bbraced+%2Bbending#entry523385

This is Carl Ansara, one of the best braced benders I had the pleasure of knowing. Search his youtube page, it's full of great bends and technique.

I sent you a PM. I've braced bent pretty much everything at one time and would be happy to give you some pointers.

Damn king I would kill for a 240 standing press ive been chasing 225 for a year and ive sem to hit a wall at 205. Lol but im 5'6 190 lbs so its slow going.

Josh - I'd be happy to show you braced technique on some bars or shoes one of these days down at Cellis ... or even over Brent's. I know how Ryan feels about chalk, so it might be tough there. Lol