2014 February - CoC #3 Certification Attempt - anwnate

anwnate

Guys...I'm overwhelmed by the response given in this thread.

I quickly reached the daily quota of "likes" allowed.

The Gripboard has been an invaluable resource for knowledge and support with my grip goals.

Thanks to all of you who took the time to read and/or respond to the write up...it means a lot to me.

The #3 Cert. shall yet yield to me...just takes pressure and time. ;)

• Like 6

Nate you weren't fully recovered my friend.... plain & simple!

DO NOT let this get you down man! You will kill this cert next time... take a little time off & get back on the horse!! We both are OCD with this kinda thing anyways & tend to overtrain. Take one step back & two steps forward.. you got this next time no doubt brother!!!

• Like 1

Nate, you're a beast and this should in no way bring you down. When i watched that video of you ccsing a ghp 7... Well, respect, man. You're gonna do this. Rest up, train hard, close that gripper.

• Like 1

bad days happen, just need to regroup and go again.

also, good job posting this. most people only put up the PR's and braggy lifts. it's nice to see someone putting this out there. we all have stuff like this happen.

you'll get it next time no problem.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll tell you one thing, that not many guys know about me, and who knows - maybe already forgot.

On 18th December 2010 I failed my attempt to become THE FIRST RUSSIAN TO CERTIFY ON COC#3, in one raw with Sergey Daragan (CoC#3 and immediately CoC#3.5) and Evgeniy Khychkin (CoC#3)

The price of this failure was very high. I failed in front of hundreds of people and in front of couples of thousands of my colleagues from on-line "Iron Grip" community (now we grow to 8600), who were following and rooting for my cert. For a 22-year ambitious guy like me, it was a punch I barely could stand. With help and support of my friends I came back and did it in summer 2011.

Nathaniel, just keep in mind - CoC 3.5 MMS or deep set, and you are ready for #3 CCS. Your problems with crushing will dissolve as a smoke.
Good luck to you and be strong. You are having VERY bad time now, but I know you will through-pass it.

To complete my story, I am adding the pic from that Shame Day:

x_d3ff4f05.jpg

Edited by Ivan Beritashvili
  • Like 3

I'll tell you one thing, that not many guys know about me, and who knows - maybe already forgot.

On 18th December 2010 I failed my attempt to become THE FIRST RUSSIAN TO CERTIFY ON COC#3, in one raw with Sergey Daragan (CoC#3 and immediately CoC#3.5) and Evgeniy Khychkin (CoC#3)

The price of this failure was very high. I failed in front of hundreds of people and in front of couples of thousands of my colleagues from on-line "Iron Grip" community (now we grow to 8600), who were following and rooting for my cert. For a 22-year ambitious guy like me, it was a punch I barely could stand. With help and support of my friends I came back and did it in summer 2011.

Nathaniel, just keep in mind - CoC 3.5 MMS or deep set, and you are ready for #3 CCS. Your problems with crushing will dissolve as a smoke.

Good luck to you and be strong. You are having VERY bad time now, but I know you will through-pass it.

To complete my story, I am adding the pic from that Shame Day:

x_d3ff4f05.jpg

Thanks for sharing your story Ivan. I had no idea about it.

Knowing that you and a number of others have missed their first time out does ease my mind slightly.

When I come back and Certify, I will be proud to be in the company of such strong gripsters.

Thanks again.

You'll get it next time. I also failed my first attempt to certify and came back stronger 1 year and a half latter.