Difference Between CoC 2 and 3

Guest meathook jones

Guest meathook jones

Just last month I got a CoC number 3 and 4.  I am only able to close the #2  1 maybe 2 times, when I give the number 3 a shot I can usually get it about 3/4 to half an inch at the hadles and hold it for 10 or so seconds.   As far as grip goes I can hold a 700 barbell for 30 seconds with only chalk, pinch 25s, plate curl 25 and can do pull-ups with finger-tips. I am wondering if this is because I just have very poor closing ability but good sweep/hold (I believe thats what gorillaHands called the first 2 parts) or because I got a weak number 3? After they are seasoned I will have PDA test them but I am jsut looking for opinions now. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

meat

Guest Scott Clayton

I think your #3 is fine.  It's the last 3/4 quarters, and especially the last 1/4 inch that are the hardest part, in my experience.  But I'm no expert.

Guest meathook jones

yeah that would be nice if its true, a lot better than a weak 3, I guess I better seanson them soon so I can find out.

meat

Its weird man.  I can pinch 25's all day, get 35's about 1 of 10 times, but I can't close the #2.  I guess Brookfield is right, they are completely different types of strength.  And no way can I hit 700# in a hold, maybe 400# for 15 - 30 seconds.  

Guest meathook jones

Yeah pinch griping always kills be I can barely hold those 25's for 5-10 seconds, oh well I guess  I am still a beginner when it comes to grip training.  

Meat

You have to train your "close".  This is the part of the gripper that is the toughest, where the handles touch each other.  Depending on what type of equipment that you have, I would say try doing negatives with the gripper you CAN'T close.  Example:  if you can't close a #2, and you have a #3, then cheat close the #3, and hold it for as long as you can.  You are now training your "close".  When I train, I use a grip machine like the SW, or a plate loaded grip machine AS HEAVY AS I CAN GO without injuring myself.  But.... be very careful about this, and always warm up first!  After some serious negatives, I could close and hold the #2 - that surprised me since I was not able to do that before doing the negatives.  Training your close is the difference between closing a tough gripper, and NOT closing it.

Guest JSimon95

Hi are you doing?

No to send to PDA. You can if you wish use

the Bath Room Scale to measure grip strenght

if for example you get 110 on the scale then

mutiple it by 1.63 x 110=179 pounds.

the master is a good to have and can used it

on the bath room scale too.

Drill master handles by a machinist for

about ผ dollars=rod 2 3/4 in length and

use negatives on it.