Broken COCs

Jason Paul

I was reading a post on another board by a person who broke his COC #1. He said that he doesn't do high reps or anything, and uses it correctly. He's had it for 9 months.

Has anyone else had a gripper (or anything else) from Ironmind break? If so, did Ironmind resolve the problem? I'm just curious because I just ordered my first gripper from them the other day. I just want to be confident that they produce superior products and stand behind them like they say they do.

Thanks,

Jason

Guest Bobjodoin

That is just the way the cookie, or spring, crumbles. Nothing you can really do about it. Sometimes the metal in the spring might not be up to task.  They really have no way to control that. I have 1-4 and have had them for a couple years and I have yet to break one and my 1 & 2 have seen alot of work. My four, for some reason, looks almost new and the knurling is still sharp. Wonder why!

Nine months is a long time for a warranty. Call and see what they say or just buy a new one.

Statistically, they are exremely durable.

Bob

I believe the grippers have a one year guarantee.  My number 2 broke a while back and they replaced it free of charge.  Mine was about 2 yrs. old and had about 5000 reps on it.  So in this case, Ironmind stood behind their product even after the guarantee period.  I'm sure they will definitely replace it without question if it is only 9 months old.  Even if they didn't, its not a big risk when you consider the relatively low cost of the grippers.  I mean it's not like you're replacing the transmission in a tractor  or anything!