2013 West Australian Grip Championship

Mikael Siversson

Place: Perth, venue TBD, Saturday 2 February 2013

Events:

#1 - Grippers TNS right+left , 4 attempts each hand, rising 'bar'

#2 - Euro 2HP, 4 attempts, rising bar

#3 - IM's Axle Double Overhand Deadlift, 4 attempts, rising bar (IPF deadlift rules), no hook grip

#4 - Wrist Developer, 4 attempts, rising 'bar'

Chalk provided by organiser

No entry fee.

Events:

#3 - IM's Axle Double Overhand Deadlift, 4 attempts, rising bar (IPF deadlift rules), no hook grip

No entry fee.

Nice selection, I am some what surprised to see you have DO Axle, I was under the impression you were not a fan of that event.

It is a good event as long as it is judged strictly.

Nice lineup Mikael! Just tried to convince my wife that I "need" to get a loan so I can compete in Australia. Uh, I'll keep working on it. :)

I like that the TNS event is rising bar. Hope you have a good selection of RGC-rated grippers to fill the gaps between #2.5 and #3.

Yes I will get one or two grippers between my 129 lb #2.5 and my easiest 140 lb #3.

I like that the TNS event is rising bar. Hope you have a good selection of RGC-rated grippers to fill the gaps between #2.5 and #3.

Events:

No entry fee.

Only changes I would make is introduce the 30mm block set for grippers.Unless the grippers are narrow, alot of small handf guys will be disadvantaged.

Well Perth is a pretty nice place in the summer. Endless white sand beaches...

Nice lineup Mikael! Just tried to convince my wife that I "need" to get a loan so I can compete in Australia. Uh, I'll keep working on it. :)

In reality it is probably going to be me, one or two more grip guys, a couple of work mates who do not train grip and maybe one or both of my daughters. If there were more grip guys in Perth then yes I would consider using a block in grippers. The grippers we use are in the 65-75mm spread range.

Events:

No entry fee.

Only changes I would make is introduce the 30mm block set for grippers.Unless the grippers are narrow, alot of small handf guys will be disadvantaged.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

• 6 months later...

Hey Mikael I could be keen to have a go at this been training a bit of grip lately so I may be able to get there. I have moved back to Perth after 9+ years up in the North so it would be fun, let me know when you decide where you are having it and I will get there. Ps where do you train grip at the moment because I havent tryed the wrist developer before it would be good to have ago before the event. cheers Jeremy Hogg

Jeremy,

Unfortunately I have decided to cancel the competition as, until today, there was only one competitor keen to compete and that was me. I will try again in December or thereabouts. You can send me a pm if you are interesting trying out any gear. I train at my place.

Cheers

Mikael

Jeremy,

Unfortunately I have decided to cancel the competition as, until today, there was only one competitor keen to compete and that was me. I will try again in December or thereabouts. You can send me a pm if you are interesting trying out any gear. I train at my place.

Cheers

Mikael

Man, that's a bummer. Were you on track to setting any PRs or records, Mikael?

Eric,

Compared to last year's competition, or rather compared to my training results leading up to last years competition, I am stronger in grippers (TNS) and Wrist Developer. Your 2HP record would have been safe though as I am still much better in the 1HP than in the 2HP. Depending on the form of the day (and relative humidity levels) I would probably have pulled anywhere between 88-95k. I have never been strong in any type of thickbar lifting and would probably have pulled no more than 140k or thereabouts. Still better than when I started Axle training a few months ago. At the moment my Axle lift is going up more than any other lift.