Sign in to follow this  
mightyjoe

Mighty Joe's Wall Of Grip Video Series!

33wes

Very well done review, Joe, on a nice machine. You covered enough that most people could find a number of ways to train their grip with it.

You mentioned that an interesting option would be a flat bottom handle. I would guess that would be for finger pressure in arm wrestling, though for overall strength would also be useful.

Solid review on a unique grip machine...

Edited by 33wes

33wes

Very well done review, Joe, on a nice machine. You covered enough that most people could find a number of ways to train their grip with it.

You mentioned that an interesting option would be a flat bottom handle. I would guess that would be for finger pressure in arm wrestling, though for overall strength would also be useful.

Solid review on a unique grip machine...

I had just to post that in the wrong thread! I apologize.

Magnus Gustafsson

UPDATE:

This weekend I will be posting video #6! :)

This video will be devoted to a Grip Legend and Icon of the Sport by the name of Richard Sorin!!!

See you this weekend!!!

Gosh, what happened to #6?

mightyjoe

UPDATE:

This weekend I will be posting video #6! :)

This video will be devoted to a Grip Legend and Icon of the Sport by the name of Richard Sorin!!!

See you this weekend!!!

Gosh, what happened to #6?

Life!

Sorry, but I'll get to it when I can.

mightyjoe

I realize this thread has been quite for a while due to lack of time on getting video #6 concerning Richard Sorin

done. It's coming! I promise!

I wanted to post something here that I initially started over at the "selling forum" concerning a calibrated hard #4 and

what spurred this post is a quote from Randy Strossen below:

Nice to see so much interest in Captains of Crush grippers.

I was kind of surprised to see such alarm at the variation in RGC ratings (I would take all gripper ratings with a grain of salt and TEDS likes to remind guys that RGC ratings can vary more than some grippers) and some confusion about how CoC grippers have been marked over the years—anyone who wants to read more about these (and other hot gripper topics :D ) should check what Joe Kinney calls the CoC Owner's Manual (i.e., the CoC book). It goes into quite a bit of detail on this kind of stuff and there is even a section on the single/double stamp thing because it was such a phenomenon among some gripper guys. I think the marking thing ended up getting sorted out on this thread—it does refer to whether one/both handle(s) was stamped, just as explained above.

Either way, though, it was great to see all this interest—many thanks for crushing and collecting CoC grippers!

Here's my response below but moved to this forum where I think it rightly should be:

Randy, thanks for your post! I'm kind of surprised you're surprised at all the attention your grippers are getting.

I have more CoC grippers than any other brand at the moment (Tetting's running a very close 2nd) and I can't imagine were grip and grippers would be without you and CoC's in the overall picture.

I will admit right up front I've never seen eye to eye with you on many subjects but if one takes away all the negative and look at what you've contributed to Grip (specifically grippers regardless that your beginning was with Warren) I simply can't imagine which direction grip and grippers would have taken. It's beyond comprehension how many individuals have got their start with your grippers. Your influence on others can not be measured and regardless of what comes forward in the future as far as new product lines (grippers) you and Captains of Crush can never be removed from the big picture, history, and evolution of grippers!

I realize many people may be shocked that I'm placing you on a pedestal but by golly it's something I've been wanting to say and something that needs to be said. I told Bill that when I started my video series on my gripper collection and decided to do a second wall called the Grip Hall of Fame that there was 5 individuals that my series was going to focus around when I get to the GWOF. Those individuals being Warren Tetting, Richard Sorin, David Horne, Randal Strossen, and Bill Piche. Now before anyone spouts off other names besides these 5 individuals let me explain why these 5!

Try and imagine the current state/status of Grip with anyone of these names removed from my list??? Please give it some thought before responding if that's your intent. These 5 individuals are the 5 most important figures IMO to the current success of the Grip World today! Their influence, history, involvement, successes, contributions, etc... are enormous!!!

Ask yourself some questions here:

What if Warren Tetting would have never made and offered for sale his grippers back in late 1964 in Iron Man magazine? This begs the question of what if Peary and Mable Rader would have never published Iron Man magazine?

What if David Horne never accomplished his feats of Grip ultimately setting the bar for others?

What if Richard Sorin would have decided to stay anonymous in sharing his feats with his hands?

What if Richard would have never visited the Stark Museum back in 1993 where he first met Terry Todd?

What about the Blob?

What if Randall Strossen had not continued on with his own line of grippers? What if he would have just decided well

if I can't get Warren to make my grippers I guess I just won't sale grippers!

What if we took the Milo publication out of the equation? Take Captains of Crush out of the equation?

What about Randy's introduction to Joe Kinney (false or not)? This story literally changed the Grip Community forever!!! It's influence has spurred hundreds of ideas on grip training not to mention the inspiration it gave thousands of people to start grip and test for themselves just how far the human can go with a gripper!

Now for the name that I would bet most wouldn't have considered and that's Bill Piche, (Wannagrip) who created the

Grip Board!

I could ask a hundred questions on this name for sure but for starters:

What if the Grip Board was never created? Where would we be folks?

Mash Monster Certs? Where would be and who would we be deprived of ever knowing existed?

There'a very interesting story behind the creation and foundation of the GB that Bill was kind and generous enough to share with me that I plan on sharing here as well but for now just start asking yourself questions about any one of these 5 individuals and just imagine the current state of affairs with any single one of them removed from the equation!

Believe me! It's mind numbing to imagine jut where we would be without the "BIG 5"!!!

Lastly, I mean no disrespect whatsoever by not mentioning other names that are also displayed on the Grip Wall of Fame (GWOF)! With considerable thought and reflection in my own grip career these 5 names are key in my estimation and stood out as "key" figures in the evolution of Grip today!!!

Thanks for reading and considering asking your own questions here!!!

Any additional thoughts???

I LOVE GRIP!!!

David Horne

Joe,

I'm very proud to be named in that list.

Thanks

David

fortes mãos

That is awesome collection! I need to go over there with the Hell Kitchen Crew and try some! And you can teach me how to really arm wrestle.

richcottrell

I miss you Joe.... And I hope you are well.

Come back soon

rich