Invasion!ringling Supermen Show Up!

1stCoC

I have tried to look him up on Youtube with no success what is exact spelling of his name? Also, what topic should be entered into Youtube search to find him? Thanks so much! R Sorin

• Like 1

Great story Richard, nice for you to document this for us. You run in to stories of "but this guy was so strong he could...", and you were there to check it all out.

Thanks again, stuff like this is priceless.

He took a quarter, penny and nickel and with a short slotted piece of round steel to brace one side steel bent them to right angles with his hands.

Is this on video?? I don't know if i'm getting the right mental image of this but it sounds like that could be the greatest feat of hand strength ever done.

Dear Richard, what does this beat Halaldzhi?

1. #3 gripper;
  2. Built to scale Dinnie stones (413 and 321 lbs);
  3. Wide (4 inch) 100lb anvil pinch grip;
  4. 196 lb anvil lift by horn;
  5. Vertical practice bomb lift by nose (102lb);
  6. 2” dumbbell deadlift (234lbs);
  7. 181lb deadlift on PDA 3” handled dumbbell;
  8. Lift 173lb replica Thomas Inch Dumbbell;
  9. 3” thick pinch grip block of steel 85lb
  10. lift the 50 lb "blob".
  11. Phantom 4

Dmitry our friend was going "all out" for hours each of the two times he visited. He did plenty. However, he tried ALL the pieces and events in my original Grip Gauntlet(the items that were asked about) and was not successful in any. His form was "ok" and he was shown or "knew" what to do on each but, in fairness I think the strength he has is "high" general and "super high"in specific applications , those tests are and were a "little different" to what he is used to. I think with some work he could within a month do 50% of them and in more time perhaps 75-80%. His "felt" grip and his toughness stood out, thick bar and crushing were oddly lower than I had expected ( I truly thought he would destroy everything) He left with much respect from everyone including Big Rich closely watching his every trial. All was done in the true spirit of old time strongmen getting together to have some fun. Really a special visit. R Sorin

• Like 1

I can barely bottoms up press a 53lb KB with all my fingers, and this guy is able to do it with one. Very impressive.

Beautiful videos! great topic! This man should be introduced with proper grip training!!

Dear Richard. If you have photos and video of your meeting with Halaldzhi, please provide. We are planning to write an article in one of the largest newspapers in Ukraine (not the yellow press, public and political newspaper) about your meeting with Dimitri, so you need as much information about your meeting. Therefore important pictures or videos.

Edited by Kashtan

You can contact Kevin@sorinex.com he has some videos and can tale my pictures and send them to you. Thanks for giving us more backround information on this fine strongman! R Sorin

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Special for dear Mr. Sorin.

5FMxWXhQ.jpg

Translation (software and therefore may be inaccurate):

"Ukrainian nightmare" Dmitry Khaladji conquered America

Hercules took a job at the circus and is going to play in a movie

It seems that the forthcoming visit of Euro 2012 will not see one of the main highlights of entertainment in Donetsk. It was planned that for foreign fans of the show will be organized in Donetsk hero with a mandatory world record by Dmitry Khaladji. But the most famous athlete in the Donbass, the multiple record Guinness Book of Records recently went overseas.

Dima has disappeared from view mass media immediately after the New Year. They say not to touch wood, the athlete kept his plans secret. It became known only after his first appearance in the circus Ringling Brothers. Khaladji playing solo with his power numbers.

More recently, Di-

mu was invited to show their capabilities in the holy of holies of all athletes - Training Center "Sorineks." Khaladji was at the height of their crown easily performing tricks tied in a knot nails, held on the little finger 40-kilogram weights, pozabival bare hands nails into the frying pan ... The Americans were delighted by what they saw.

- The guy - a great talent ... Hammer a nail punch to the pan - this is one of the most amazing stunts of the ones I've seen in my life. The slope! - Said about Khaladji legendary American athlete and longtime partner of Arnold Schwarzenegger in the organization of the sports festival, "Arnold Sports" Richard Sorin.

Incidentally, the Sorin, famous for his unusual sense of humor, he immediately came up with the nickname Dima - Ukrainian nightmare. The fame of the hero swept up in Hollywood already. It is said that Dime offered the role in several films. However, he comments on it does not want to, can, again, afraid to startle your luck?

Artem Maslak.

Edited by Kashtan

• 4 weeks later...

Kashtan, To show honor to the "Nightmare" we had designed a special limited run t shirt using Ukranian lettering and colors. It will say in Ukranian "Sorinex" on the front and on the back in "his" honor "men of steel" on a yellow shirt with blue printing. I will set a few aside should we run into you . I have the feeling I will see him again, perhaps at our day of strength(Summerstrong) on June 23. Thank you for all the information and links you have provided about this wonderfully strong man. R Sorin

• Like 1

Kashtan, To show honor to the "Nightmare" we had designed a special limited run t shirt using Ukranian lettering and colors. It will say in Ukranian "Sorinex" on the front and on the back in "his" honor "men of steel" on a yellow shirt with blue printing. I will set a few aside should we run into you . I have the feeling I will see him again, perhaps at our day of strength(Summerstrong) on June 23. Thank you for all the information and links you have provided about this wonderfully strong man. R Sorin

Thanks Richard! It's very nice to hear us!

Dmitry on Skype today announced that it has broken some of your records, in particular on the dynamometer, and a video. Is this true? Can this video?

I havent heard from him or specifics on what he has been working on. He is a very motivated, strong person and soaked in each bit of what we had to offer here as equipment or as a challenge. I dont recall him doing outstanding on the dyno while he was here or thick bar lifts(he was tired by then but" always game"). I have a lot of respect for him as a person and as a man of strength. I wish there were more like him. Talk is sometimes needed but doing gets it done in his case. R, Sorin

• 1 month later...

Kashtan - your pics don't seem to be showing up.

Kashtan - your pics don't seem to be showing up.

Looks like the first pic is Richard Sorin and the second Rich Williams. I think the problem is on your end.

They are up now. For some reason, they were broken links before. Very cool pics!!!

Kashtan, Contact us we will send you a T shirt. On the back it says "men of Steel" in Ukranian as well. We hoped the "Nightmare" would have appeared at our strength festival Saturday but perhaps he is still traveling the world spreading his great strength. R Sorin

Thank you Richard. I send the coordinates to Kevin? Dmitry Khaladji working in the circus and on, and his bosses did not allow him to participate in any activities that are not associated with their circus. He hopes that the situation will improve next year, and he must come to Summerstrong next summer.