No. 1: Devon Larratt

Florian Kellersmann

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10268

Devon is the No. 1. Pushkar showed us all his limits against Michael. Denis should be very beatable for Devon. In my opinion the most dangerous puller for Devon would be Arsen. But over six rounds I have no doubt that Devon would take home the money... Hopefully we will see it at A1 in Moscow.

Devon vs Arsen.......I would like to see.......

could be as:

Edited by pawel r

I think Arsen will give Devon problems just like Don does but over 6 matches it's Devon, no question. Now make it best of three and that might be interesting.

Arsen is stronger now than Taras was in the match with Devon, but Devon is also much better now. In a 3 round match Arsen's chances are better, because of Devon's endurance. Interesting to see though, that Taras won the last rounds against Devon. I think we will see that match this year.

Is Devon going to the A1 in Moscow?

From what he told me: If he has time. He really would like to do. A change for good money and for sure a very interesting tournament.

I am convinced that Michael Todd is the greatest arm wrestler on the planet now. See for yourself:

My top 5 overall

1. Michael

2. Denis

3. Andre

4. Arsen

5. Devon

I don't believe you should keep your ranking if you are not pulling the top guys regularly. Devon struggles with Don Underwood, who I don't believe is quite at the level of Arsen.

Devon was head and shoulders tops on the planet in 2008 when he beat John Brzenk. Today, I would say top five (maybe top six?). Would Devon even beat Ivan Matyushenko today?

I would be very comfortable putting Devon as top two overall in North America right now but won't put him ahead of the European elite until he pulls and beats them.

Edited by G-Man

I am convinced that Michael Todd is the greatest arm wrestler on the planet now.

My top 5 overall

1. Michael

2. Denis

3. Andre

4. Arsen

5. Devon

I don't believe you should keep your ranking if you are not pulling the top guys regularly. Devon struggles with Don Underwood, who I don't believe is quite at the level of Arsen.

Would Devon even beat Ivan Matyushenko today?

I would be very comfortable putting Devon as top two overall in North America right now but won't put him ahead of the European elite until he pulls and beats them.

weird ranking you got there :D

Anyone who pulls and beats Devon in 6round supermatch earns number one spot. Larratt would stop Pushkars and Arsens hit right before pad, and we already saw results against Todd. Cyplenkov with brute strength and Cadorette with flopped wrist are only ones who should have a shot with Larratt.

hmm, devon beat todd in their supermatch 4:2, so i dont see how you can put michael above devon?

I know its your opinion and whatever you think is ok, i'm just curious.

hmm, devon beat todd in their supermatch 4:2, so i dont see how you can put michael above devon?

I know its your opinion and whatever you think is ok, i'm just curious.

double post.... ;-)

Very funny, Garrett :D

Mike looks a lot stronger now than he went 2-4 against Devon six months ago. Ranking is just guess work and I fully accept that those numbers can be off.

Mike looks a lot stronger now than he went 2-4 against Devon six months ago. Ranking is just guess work and I fully accept that those numbers can be off.

I agree, Todd is very close to the top right now. I 'd pick Arsen over Devon 4-2. We don't know Arsen endurance, but I doubt Devon can ever get into a hook vs Arsen. IMO if they AW Devon arm will hover over the pad on Arsen side more often than not. Do you think Devon can even bend his wrist a bit to comeback? No way he can comeback with flat wrist vs Arsen. Only Todd/Jerry has a chance to beat Arsen right now in N America until John come all healed. It's weird to see Jerry flopped wrist looked very confortable. I pick Pushka over Devon too. And last: I don't know who can goes from defensive position to tricep press faster than Todd with so much conviction behind it. That is the big different in old Todd and new Todd

• Like 1

G-Man, you are 100% right! We are all just guessing and having fun debating on our thougts and opinions!!

Arsen vs Devon would be great to watch. With Arsen beeing over 100kg there would not even be that much of a weight difference...!! I guess the first 1-2 matches would be extremely dangerous for Devon because I don't think he has ever pulled such a fast & super strong hitter like Arsen with that much backpressure and hand controll combined. over 6 rounds I would bet on Devon, but in a tourney or over 3 Matches Arsens chances rise a lot.

@Florian, did Devon tell you, if he progressed? He looks really huge in the training vid with you guys.

Devon's weight is still about the same, in the 240 to 245 range. He actually feels better pulling with his left than with his right at the current time.

Bertl, i was also at the event with Devon. We were on the table for about 5 or 6 hours and Devon toyed with everyone. Does Devon look huge? Umm, you could say so :-) ..you must see it with your own eyes to believe it. I have never seen arms like that before. His elbow area looks insane. His muscles look so dense, like they were compressed all into his arm. They look like made by armwrestling, not only weights. It looks functional, not like Arsen Liliev waterballons.

He is also a super nice guy (and so is Florian ) and talked to everyone, answering any question. I asked him about his score against Krasmir 2 days earlier and i wont post the answer, because i dont wanna talk down Krasimir ;) When Devon pulled germany he was all blown up from Turkey, he admitted me to have pain in his arms, but he still pulled it off like we are children. Once you witness that you will become a believer of how strong this man really is. Can Arsen beat him? I think he could, but only by a flash pin. I also believe the same could be done by Pushkar, but i also believe deep in my heart that noone in this world can pull through Devons Hook. Time will tell, i hope they meet as soon as they can.

cheers

Edited by Schweinemann

hey schweinemann! thanks for the info ;-)

i'm a devon fan without ever meeting him in person ;-)

and i honestly was thinking to join you in berlin coming all the way from vienna!

eric

thank you for the info! great to hear he is feeling good with his left! maybe he makes it to the top with both hands :-D

and i honestly was thinking to join you in berlin coming all the way from vienna!

eric

thank you for the info! great to hear he is feeling good with his left! maybe he makes it to the top with both hands :-D

eric

@Florian, did Devon tell you, if he progressed? He looks really huge in the training vid with you guys.

I have no info if he progressed. But I think if he gets his next opponent for a supermatch he will be prepared well for his style.

@schweinemann: Thanks and keep up training! You're on the right track :rock

Edited by Florian Kellersmann

I have no info if he progressed. But I think if he gets his next opponent for a supermatch he will be prepared well for his style.

Does he know who he is pulling next in a supematch?

He does not yet know who his next supermatch opponent will be. Hopefully a match will be set up soon.

He does not yet know who his next supermatch opponent will be. Hopefully a match will be set up soon.

I hope he will be invited to ARMWARS in Essen, cause I'll will be there. But I guess, that he'll be in Manchester, because Neil said this will be the biggest show.

Bertl, i was also at the event with Devon. We were on the table for about 5 or 6 hours and Devon toyed with everyone. Does Devon look huge? Umm, you could say so :-) ..you must see it with your own eyes to believe it. I have never seen arms like that before. His elbow area looks insane. His muscles look so dense, like they were compressed all into his arm. They look like made by armwrestling, not only weights. It looks functional, not like Arsen Liliev waterballons.

He is also a super nice guy (and so is Florian ) and talked to everyone, answering any question. I asked him about his score against Krasmir 2 days earlier and i wont post the answer, because i dont wanna talk down Krasimir ;) When Devon pulled germany he was all blown up from Turkey, he admitted me to have pain in his arms, but he still pulled it off like we are children. Once you witness that you will become a believer of how strong this man really is. Can Arsen beat him? I think he could, but only by a flash pin. I also believe the same could be done by Pushkar, but i also believe deep in my heart that noone in this world can pull through Devons Hook. Time will tell, i hope they meet as soon as they can.

cheers

Agreed. I spoke with him at The Arnolds in 2009 and he was gold. He answered all my questions, gripped up and showed me a high hook step-by-step, and even did some pictures; keep in mind this was after he lost to Don which you know he wasn't happy about so that said a lot to me.

IMO, the best way to beat Devon is to keep his wrist flat. If after a hit, his wrist become bent even a little bit he would come back. Keep the pressure onto his opened up hand/fingers after a toproll hit. I didn't see Richard able to cup his wrist after Arsen's hit . Arsen pressure was relentless

Cyplenkov with brute strength and Cadorette with flopped wrist are only ones who should have a shot with Larratt.

Have quote myself :P watched again those UAL matches against John and dont think Jerry have changes. Arsen more likely.

• 1 month later...

Devon vs Arsen.......I would like to see.......

I agree. Right now, I see Devon over Denis (Devon is too technical). I have a hard time seeing Devon over Arsen.

I can't recall seeing anyone toproll Richard Lupkes before and Arsen did it rather convincingly.