Ghp Level 7 & 8 Closers

Wade Gillingham

• 2 weeks later...

I admit the video quality is not great. I had to use my web cam since I don't have a tripod. My name is Cesare Ricchezza and here is my GHP 7 1.5 inch set close video. These grippers are fantastic Wade. Let me know if it is good enough for the cert list.

In an attempt to improve the video better, I messed it up further by editing in youtube. Its back in its original form now which still isn't great but better than my edit:(.

• Like 1

Well done Chez! :)

-Jordan

Thanks guys

I'm just now seeing this list. Thanks for adding my vid, Wade. These are the best grippers in my opinion.

Paul, you might want to edit that video so that no one can see all of the numbers on your credit card, including the expiration date.

haha ... yeah Casey pointed that out to me too ... It's a card that I never activated. It would be funny if someone goes through all the trouble to try and use the number somehow and nothing ...

Here is a video of me doing a GHP 7 full CCS close. I really like these grippers and will probably buy a level 8 soon.

• Like 1

Here is a video of me doing a GHP 7 full CCS close. I really like these grippers and will probably buy a level 8 soon

Chez, very strong close, I think you can close level 8 no problem!

I can close GHP8 deep set, but GHP7 CCS is a long way for me...

Here is a video of me doing a GHP 7 full CCS close. I really like these grippers and will probably buy a level 8 soon

Chez, very strong close, I think you can close level 8 no problem!

I can close GHP8 deep set, but GHP7 CCS is a long way for me...

Great Close man. I heard level 8 is a serious gripper. I'll probably place the order tonight. I'm addicted to grippers :grin:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I closed the GHP 8 this past weekend with a parallel set. Paul Knight recorded it on his camera and uploaded to his youtube account. Paul already posted it on the gripboard and I posted it in my workout log so I'm sorry to those who have already seen the close. I was wondering if the list is still being kept without the 1.5 inch block set. If it is, I would like to submit this close for consideration. I'm going to work hard to do it with the GHP block for the challenge list.

• Like 1

I put you up there Chez. Great close. Eventually this list is going to get shutdown.

Wade

Sounds like I have to buy a new GHP7 and do the actual cert. Have to train more first for the block set :)

Thanks Wade. I'll do it the official way next. I think the rules state that you can use your current GHP 7 Matt as long as you measure the spread and wire width on camera.

Thanks Wade. I'll do it the official way next. I think the rules state that you can use your current GHP 7 Matt as long as you measure the spread and wire width on camera.

Yep, that's right. You would be better off buying a digital micrometer so you can measure the spring diameter on video and the handle spread (ruler). The other benefit to doing this is the GHP Gripper Challenge is a rep challenge as well so as you progress you can continue entering and moving up the ladder. Once you have the micrometer you can just keep measuring the same gripper rather than having to buy a new gripper every time.

Lets keep track of who has done this on video. If you have closed a GHP Level 7 and have a YouTube video please place the link in this thread. Lets try to get the chronological order correct too.

GHP Level 7

----------------

1. Euclides

2. Arian Tepper

3. Russ Farver (1.5" set)

5. Adam Glass

6. Wayne Mealy Jr.

8. Tommy Jennings Jr

9. Bob van Genugten

10. Cesare Ricchezza (1.5" set)

GHP Level 8

----------------

1. Paul Knight (1.5" set GHP 7 & 8)

2. Euclides

3. Jon Vogt

4. Cesare Ricchezza

Great list, these grippers look great...may have to look into buying some

I have been looking and it appears that the jump between the level 8 and the level 9 is legit. How come there is such a jump between these levels and not the others?

I have been looking and it appears that the jump between the level 8 and the level 9 is legit. How come there is such a jump between these levels and not the others?

I think wade said there are limited choices for spring stock.

I remember reading that now that I think of it. I was just wondering because other grippers land between the 3.5 and the 4.

• 2 weeks later...

Got to try the GHP 7 and 8 today. Verdit: love em! The action on them is very smooth yet you can still feel the resistance ramp consistantly towards the close.

Level 8 close. Hard to see the set. When paused it looks ~parallel.

• Like 1