Ghp Level 7 & 8 Closers

Wade Gillingham

Lets keep track of who has done this on video. If you have closed a GHP Level 7 and have a YouTube video please place the link in this thread. Lets try to get the chronological order correct too.

GHP Level 7

----------------

1. Euclides

2. Arian Tepper

3. Russ Farver (1.5" set)

5. Adam Glass

6. Wayne Mealy Jr.

8. Tommy Jennings Jr

9. Bob van Genugten

10. Cesare Ricchezza (1.5" set)

GHP Level 8

----------------

1. Paul Knight (1.5" set GHP 7 & 8)

2. Euclides

3. Jon Vogt

4. Cesare Ricchezza

5. Daniel Reinard

Edited by Wade Gillingham
  • Like 8

Good idea!

Wade, would you like this pinned in the GSS forum?

Yes, that would be great. Right now I am considering the idea of having an open certification program - any depth set, and a certification with a prescribed set depth. I always thought this should be 1.5 inches so that's what I'm leaning towards. I don't want to take away what Paul and Euclides have already done on Level 8, and Arian and Russ with Level 7, so I think it's good to just keep documenting these closes at least until we have an official certification program in place.

Good idea!

Yes, that would be great. Right now I am considering the idea of having an open certification program - any depth set, and a certification with a prescribed set depth. I always thought this should be 1.5 inches so that's what I'm leaning towards. I don't want to take away what Paul and Euclides have already done on Level 8, and Arian and Russ with Level 7, so I think it's good to just keep documenting these closes at least until we have an official certification program in place.

30mm block set?

Which grippers of the series have you closed yourself Wade? They sure look like fine craftmanship. In the future I will certainly purchase one or two.

Right now I have my work cut out for me, I have to 'earn' them for myself :)

We will also be updating the MM0 cert rules to include a GHP Level 7 gripper...

• Like 2

That is very cool

Which grippers of the series have you closed yourself Wade? They sure look like fine craftmanship. In the future I will certainly purchase one or two.

Right now I have my work cut out for me, I have to 'earn' them for myself :)

7 and 8. No video. Took me a couple weeks to close my 8. I would miss it and then come back and close my hardest 3.5. I'm using a deeper set on the 8 than Paul and Euclides.

• Like 2

Good idea!

Great things are happening in the grip world right now!

• Like 1

I didn't kill it like some of you big gripper guys but it was closed :grin: Not bad for a guy that hates grippers. These are nice enogh to make me want to go out and buy one so I think that says it all! Very nice gripper Wade!

• Like 1

I didn't kill it like some of you big gripper guys but it was closed :grin: Not bad for a guy that hates grippers. These are nice enogh to make me want to go out and buy one so I think that says it all! Very nice gripper Wade!

Way to go Nick!

Good idea!

Matt - can you put Nick's close on the first post along with the youtube link? I can't edit the post for some reason.

Well I guess there is no doubt about these... Great video!

Your gripper strength looks real good for someone that says he hasn't been training much! The cut down credit card is funny. What is your opinion Paul about the 1.5" distance? Anyone else? Whatever we set the distance at there will be a block. One of the failures of the credit card set in my opinion is the ability to pass the card through at an angle or force the card through alowing it to bend. I've seen this in practice and I've seen this in video. Watching Paul show both block set closes and two different "credit card" set closes it plays much better when he's passing the block through (although I think Paul passed the cards through clean as well). Good job Paul.

Your gripper strength looks real good for someone that says he hasn't been training much! The cut down credit card is funny. What is your opinion Paul about the 1.5" distance? Anyone else? Whatever we set the distance at there will be a block. One of the failures of the credit card set in my opinion is the ability to pass the card through at an angle or force the card through alowing it to bend. I've seen this in practice and I've seen this in video. Watching Paul show both block set closes and two different "credit card" set closes it plays much better when he's passing the block through (although I think Paul passed the cards through clean as well). Good job Paul.

Thanks Wade, haha, yeah I'm not full strength as I started back around 6-8 weeks ago, so I will be getting stronger in the next couple months. I hope

Seems to me that 1.5" is the next logical set width and is a great stepping stone width for those who want to attempt a wider set cert. I love it. I can't think of any reason why 1.5" shouldn't be the width. If that is the width you ultimately decide on, I'm all for it. In addition, I am also a fan of the block set as I have seen some questionable CCS swipes too. There is no question with a block like you said, that's another good choice ...

Whew congats to the GHP level 7 and 8 closers...Paul nice dominating closes there :bow

Wade I'll let you be the judge on the Level 7 attempt. :D

Based on the video I would say it's not clear enough.

• Like 2

I just did this tonight with a 1.5" card set so you can replace the deep set video I did if you want to.

• Like 1

Wade I'll let you be the judge on the Level 7 attempt. :D
Based on the video I would say it's not clear enough.

I'll get in a good gripper workout tomorrow and then try again next weekend before I have to get this thing back to Adam. Thanks Wade!

Paul, you might want to edit that video so that no one can see all of the numbers on your credit card, including the expiration date.