Cannon

Start Time: weight in and rules at 1030, first lift will begin at 11:00 AM

Venue: Movement Minneapolis, 2075 East Center Circle, Plymouth MN 55441

Leg 1 Events:

1. One Hand Vulcan Gripper 20mm block close

2. Two Hands Pinch Lift

3. Half a Penny (one hand) GripTopz

4. Shallow Hub (one hand) GripTopz

Movement Minneapolis will have an overhand axle deadlift contest and grip/strongman medley after the official WSH events.

Entrance fees:

$15 per leg, or $37 for more than 1 leg, ie. All 3 legs.

Payment at the day of the Contest is fine or send them to me via paypal at Adamtglass@yahoo.com.

After the August contest we will get wings and beer at Buffalo Wild Wings in Plymouth. Lunch will be announced for legs 2 and 3 later on.

Description of events:

One hand vulcan gripper. Contestant will announce difficulty for attempt and will be handed the gripper and the setting block. Contestants must set the gripper and pass the block through the legs of the gripper before closing them for an end to end touch. Close must be visible to judging official and will be announced as "Good Rep". Gripper may not be braced against the body in any way to gain an advantage for the close, and the free hand may not assist the close in any way once the set is established. A demonstration will be provided before the contest begins.

Two hands pinch lift. This event will be done using the standardized European adjustable apparatus. Before the contest you will be provided an opportunity to determine your pinching width. We will flip to determine if pinches will begin with thinnest or thickest setting. Contestants will be grouped by thickness for attempts. For the lift you will place both hands on top of the apparatus with the fingers on the front face and thumbs on the back face. From there you will lift the apparatus to meet or exceed a horizontal standard of 16.5″ and lower it back to the ground under control (dropping the apparatus fouls the lift). A demonstration will be provided before the contest.

Half a Penny lift. This event will be done with the World of Grip "Griptopz" half penny tool. The apparatus will be loaded and placed in front of a 16.5″ horizontal standard. You will lift the apparatus by pinching it with your thumb and finger. Tilting the griptopz is specifically forbidden. Once the apparatus meets or exceeds the standard it is to be lowered back to the ground under control. A demonstration will be provided before the contest.

Shallow hub lift. This event will be done with the World of Grip "Griptopz" shallow hub tool. The apparatus will be loaded and placed in front of a 16.5″ horizontal standard. You will lift the apparatus by pinching it with your thumb, index, middle and ring finger. The grip to be used is specifically the "claw grip" not the "vertical bar" type grip. Tilting the griptopz is specifically forbidden. Once the apparatus meets or exceeds the standard it is to be lowered back to the ground under control. A demonstration will be provided before the contest.

Overhand Axle Deadlift. This event will be done with either a 2″ or 3″ non-revolving, non-knurled bar. Contestants will lift the bar to standing position with legs straight and spine straight for a good lift. Both conventional and sumo stances are permitted. Contestants will use an overhand grip (both palms facing towards the body). Lifting belts are permitted, all other types support gear is prohibited.

Medley. This event will feature a wide range of challenges for contestants to lift, load, hoist, carry, drag, lever, tear, and bend in a 5 minute time limit. Be prepared for challenges in crush grip, pinch lifting, and various thin and fat grip handles to lift. Events will be prepared and demonstrated before the medley challenge begins.

• 2 weeks later...

Who's coming so far? It should be a great time and I look forward to meeting some new grip fanatics.

Chris Mathison, maybe?

Brouse, maybe?

I just heard from Luke Martin (lukeamdman) and he can't make it because of a wedding.

I noticed that I listed rules for the stub lift, but I don't think that is contested in Leg 1.

Chris Mathison, maybe?

Brouse, maybe?

I just heard from Luke Martin (lukeamdman) and he can't make it because of a wedding.

I noticed that I listed rules for the stub lift, but I don't think that is contested in Leg 1.

I thought I read somewhere else that he was including the stub after the WSH events as well as a 2 or 3 inch axle and a mega-medley.

V1 20mm, 2hp, 1/2 penny and shallow hub in first leg matt. Good luck!

Whoa whoa whoa!

It's V1? Old Vulcan? Not the V2?

That would be awesome news.

V1 20mm, 2hp, 1/2 penny and shallow hub in first leg matt. Good luck!

Whoa whoa whoa!

It's V1? Old Vulcan? Not the V2?

That would be awesome news.

I think V2 is for 2012. I haven't tried a V1, so I don't know if that will hurt or help me. I'd bring my V2 on the plane so you can try it, but they'd probably confiscate it as I believe it is over the length of the "tools" TSA accepts.

This is great news!

I searched his website and David says that the V2 will be used in 2012's comps (both British and WSH).

I think David sends all the equipment to the WSH promoters early in the year, so it would have been cutting it close to use the V2 as it just started shipping a few weeks ago.

Here's a list of people planning to come on Adam's FB WSM Minneapolis event page:

Ryan J Pitts

Kathi Burger

Chris Mathison

Mike T Nelson

Adam T Glass

Bob Sundin

I thought someone, maybe on Jedd's new Vulcan sales page, that it's the V2 this year for everyone. Either way I've never touched one and will get embarrassed. Someone could as a promoter or David about it.

Just looked, they are using V1s and V2s this WSH series according to Jedds site.

Just looked, they are using V1s and V2s this WSH series according to Jedds site.

I just asked about this on Jedd's blog and asked David Horne. It looks pretty clear that the V2 won't be used until 2012 from what I've read on David's site.

David Horne confirmed that the V1 only will be used in 2011 and the V2 only in 2012.

hey guys

The contest will be with the first model Vulcan, next year 2012 features the V2

Currently confirmed for attendance

Mike T Nelson, Chris Mathison, Dave Sandel (82kg) Matt Cannon (82kg) Bob Sundin (82 kg) Joe Tebbe, Brad Ellingson, Nick Oswald (82 kg) David Dellanave, Ryan J Pitts (82kg) Kathi Burger, Megan Kruger, Erika Mundinger, and I have another 7 clients who maybe joining us...

DISAPPOINTED by the number of people in Minneapolis and greater metro area who are not coming out. I'll leave that at that. :(

Post official events will be DO Axle and a medley. The medley will be boss, several inch DB's, blobs, block weights, some sledges, lots of pinch challenges, some gripper stuff, and some fun stuff with KB's, maybe bending, tearing, ripping, YOU WILL LIKE IT. :rock

Show time is 1030 for rules and weigh in. Bldg address is 2075 East Center Circle, Plymouth MN 55441. Location is 1/4 mile east of I494 and HW 55. Very easy to find.

Post contest we are going to either Buffalo Wild Wings in Plymouth of Dickys BBQ in Plymouth, depending on what majority wants to chow on.

Edited by SSGGLASS

hey guys

The contest will be with the first model Vulcan, next year 2012 features the V2

Currently confirmed for attendance

Mike T Nelson, Chris Mathison, Dave Sandel (82kg) Matt Cannon (82kg) Bob Sundin (82 kg) Joe Tebbe, Brad Ellingson, Nick Oswald (82 kg) David Dellanave, Ryan J Pitts (82kg) Kathi Burger, Megan Kruger, Erika Mundinger, and I have another 7 clients who maybe joining us...

DISAPPOINTED by the number of people in Minneapolis and greater metro area who are not coming out. I'll leave that at that. :(

Post official events will be DO Axle and a medley. The medley will be boss, several inch DB's, blobs, block weights, some sledges, lots of pinch challenges, some gripper stuff, and some fun stuff with KB's, maybe bending, tearing, ripping, YOU WILL LIKE IT. :rock

Show time is 1030 for rules and weigh in. Bldg address is 2075 East Center Circle, Plymouth MN 55441. Location is 1/4 mile east of I494 and HW 55. Very easy to find.

Post contest we are going to either Buffalo Wild Wings in Plymouth of Dickys BBQ in Plymouth, depending on what majority wants to chow on.

Sounds great Adam. I will be staying Fri+Sat at the Hotel you recommended.

Bob if you want to come up and check out the gym on Friday you are more than welcome to. I'll grab dinner with you at Axles if you're cool with a later dinner at 830. text me when you get in to town (701-340-8790) Its about a 9 minute walk from the front doors of the hotel. If you ask the lady at the desk they will drop you off, I have folks staying there from out of town each month.

For anyone else on GB who is in the Twin Cities, get out here and play ball! You will like it! There is no gym in the cities that has as many grip toys to play with, and no better place to be on a Saturday morning :D

Bob if you want to come up and check out the gym on Friday you are more than welcome to. I'll grab dinner with you at Axles if you're cool with a later dinner at 830. text me when you get in to town (701-340-8790) Its about a 9 minute walk from the front doors of the hotel. If you ask the lady at the desk they will drop you off, I have folks staying there from out of town each month.

For anyone else on GB who is in the Twin Cities, get out here and play ball! You will like it! There is no gym in the cities that has as many grip toys to play with, and no better place to be on a Saturday morning :D

Thanks Adam! Any recommendations for getting from the airport to Plymouth? I was checking out the bus/public transit schedule via google maps it apparently would take until ~430 to get there after arriving ~ 930 am :blink . I think I saw they have some kind of shuttle for $30, which is probably better than paying $50 or whatever each way for a taxi. But money is no object, grip competition awaits! :rock

By the look of it I might have to do a top50 list for the 82.5k class rather than a top10.

Thanks Adam! Any recommendations for getting from the airport to Plymouth? I was checking out the bus/public transit schedule via google maps it apparently would take until ~430 to get there after arriving ~ 930 am :blink . I think I saw they have some kind of shuttle for $30, which is probably better than paying $50 or whatever each way for a taxi. But money is no object, grip competition awaits! :rock

I would take a cab or pay a shuttle before I would ever wait around 8 hours for a ride. It's only about 13 miles from the AP to the hotel. Maybe a 14 minute drive? The whole way is doing 65 on 494.

By the look of it I might have to do a top50 list for the 82.5k class rather than a top10.

IDK, certainly likely to see upwards to 50 people in the 82 kg class. Depending on how many my people jump in, I may have 9 to 11 at my location alone.

I would take a cab or pay a shuttle before I would ever wait around 8 hours for a ride. It's only about 13 miles from the AP to the hotel. Maybe a 14 minute drive? The whole way is doing 65 on 494.

I'd WALK before I'd wait that long. I bet I could get there faster walking than waiting for the stupid bus.

I'm very disappointed that I woke up Saturday morning with a stomach virus. Flat on my back and wanting to die all day! I can't tell you how disappointed I am to have missed this leg! In a sickness-induced daze, I almost went anyway, but then realized I wouldn't have any fun. Slept almost from Friday night through to Sunday morning. BAH!

Adam said this contest was awesome. I can't wait to hear results.

Bob, I'm so sorry we didn't get to meet!