I'm Thinking About Adding Armwrestling In My Goals:

Chosenone7

Hello! To the Armwrestling warriors.

My name is Derrick "Bionic Man" Clark.I'm a big fanatic of the strength world.

I want to give Grip sport,bending,and armwrestling a try.My phyiscal abilities

is off the chain.I think at my weight 147 pounds,I be a force not to reckon with

,if I have the right type of trainer.

Where are you from?

Where are you from?

Im in Columbus,Ohio.It hard to come across people interesting in armwrestling there.

Where are you from?

Im in Columbus,Ohio.It hard to come across people interesting in armwrestling there.

I love to grip up against you man. I love to see you try go thru my hand first LOL. Though, I am not into grip's work any more, but I train my wrist and forearm a lot, and w/o me knowing it, my hands got better as well. I am in your weight division. But too bad I am in California. I test my hand against all the biggest hands I can find in my gym and was able to go thru most of them (except 2, happened after I was spent a bit). I used be intimedated by guys with big forearms and hands, not any more lately. I met one football strength conditioning coach name Mac. in San Diego who's at 210# (5'11")can do a human flag on the pole, he trains his wrist/forearm intensively. But I was able to hold my own against him with much smaller hand/wrist of mine. This was after I AWed 2 clients' forearm right before it, one was 175#, one was 245#. If I was fresh that day, I feel I would have prevailed better (I am 152#)

Train your wrist and forearm a lot especially in cupped position of wrist. Forearm rotation training is what help tremendously. Not neccessarily wrist curl. IMO. Good luck

Where are you from?

I love to grip up against you man. I love to see you try go thru my hand first LOL. Though, I am not into grip's work any more, but I train my wrist and forearm a lot, and w/o me knowing it, my hands got better as well. I am in your weight division. But too bad I am in California. I test my hand against all the biggest hands I can find in my gym and was able to go thru most of them (except 2, happened after I was spent a bit). I used be intimedated by guys with big forearms and hands, not any more lately. I met one football strength conditioning coach name Mac. in San Diego who's at 210# (5'11")can do a human flag on the pole, he trains his wrist/forearm intensively. But I was able to hold my own against him with much smaller hand/wrist of mine. This was after I AWed 2 clients' forearm right before it, one was 175#, one was 245#. If I was fresh that day, I feel I would have prevailed better (I am 152#)

Train your wrist and forearm a lot especially in cupped position of wrist. Forearm rotation training is what help tremendously. Not neccessarily wrist curl. IMO. Good luck

Well, that sound like a challenge? Hmmmm I do have a mighty grip.I do thick grip pull ups,leveraging,pinch grip .alot of isometric exercises for the hands and forearms.I have small hands too!So, how long you been armwrestling?

@ BionicMan2K&Beyond, yes it's a challenge LOL. It's fun to AW man.I've been AWing for over 10 years. I am an amateur though. I stopped grip training exclusively because I play drum a lot, I can't play too well if my fingers are too stiff. But I was surprised after 4 motnhs of intensely fast supination and pronation training (full rotation both ways each rep)that many big hands cannot move my hand. I know I have improve my rotating muscles much better. Now I need to find a guy with same size hand who's in grip like you and test it out. I think you will have better fingers strength from grip work, but beware of forearm rotation power my man.

@ BionicMan2K&Beyond, yes it's a challenge LOL. It's fun to AW man.I've been AWing for over 10 years. I am an amateur though. I stopped grip training exclusively because I play drum a lot, I can't play too well if my fingers are too stiff. But I was surprised after 4 motnhs of intensely fast supination and pronation training (full rotation both ways each rep)that many big hands cannot move my hand. I know I have improve my rotating muscles much better. Now I need to find a guy with same size hand who's in grip like you and test it out. I think you will have better fingers strength from grip work, but beware of forearm rotation power my man.

well, thanks for the head up! i can get started, training rotating muscle for wrist.i think i should check out how armwrestler train.then i can add my little special training in the mix.maybe you can give me a few pointers?

For me the forearm/wrist/fingers and hand itself are still a mystery. YOur grip could be stronger than mine, but your wrist is strong only in flat position you'd be rotated out of power area and lose. It's almost like getting out maneuvered in AW. One of friend who has long arm and very strong hand said that if he got my hand I could NEVER recover and beat him (he used to beat me long ago). So I told him I 'll give my hand by flopping my wrist and let him grip it at start. At the go I did a floped wrist sidepressure hit him so hard (he never know anything about side presssure) He alsmot fall over and lay face down the tablle Hahaha. Just an friendly fun match, but to this day he never know what happen. I'd tested same flopped wrist sidepressure hit against bodybuilder guys 5'8" 215-235 lbs, and they couldn't stop it (I did it slowly against them because fast hit might break unconditioned arm) They never know how my skinny forearm and small hand can do that. So train your wrist in cupped and flopped position too, and it takes a long time to adapt w/o hurting yourself. Good luck

You can see the winner with the flopped wrist defense. It was like this for me, except I hit offensicely first

You can see the winner with the flopped wrist defense. It was like this for me, except I hit offensicely first

You have any vids of you on youtube?

I have few videos but not armwrestling.

• 2 weeks later...

You have any vids of you on youtube?

Thats funny. Thats me in the video. I have since learned how to defend the flopped wrist press. Was cool to see one of my videos on this board. He did outweigh me by 60lbs tho. I just dint have a counter for it at the time. Now i do.

Edited by jamesworke

That's cool James. I don't normally flop my wrist offensively. But that one time I did it as a challenge to my friend. I don't how you defense against flopped wrist, but I did it once by copying John B. One guy outweighted by about 60 lbs too, he flopped and I inmmediately perform a press with my wrist rolled (palm down) and along with a slight rotation of my palm (supinated) on his thumb, He hand touched the pad right away. IMHO, flopped wrist if vulnerable to further supination of its own palm. KInda like jujitsu: flop ur wirst (palm up) then use other hand to turn the palm out facing outward more, it hurts

• 1 month later...

Thats funny. Thats me in the video. I have since learned how to defend the flopped wrist press. Was cool to see one of my videos on this board. He did outweigh me by 60lbs tho. I just dint have a counter for it at the time. Now i do.

I'm always late to the game with these posts, but what is your counter for the flop wrist defense? I know from seeing other matches you have to try and pull his hand away and open him up but not sure what you're doing if it's different. I've tried the flop wrist method for defense and it's very painful at first. Looks like something you have to keep practicing to build that part of the arm.