NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

On 8/15/2019 at 3:26 AM, brettmf1987 said:

I’m Brett, joined gripboard a few days ago. Been in strength athletics for almost 16 years...and still a wanna-be lol 

Welcome @brettmf1987 !

19 hours ago, Kikko said:

Hey everyone,

I'm Kikko. Joined very recently. Been lifting for many years. One of my aspirations within the realm of strength is to crush an apple with one hand, so I was guided to this forum to get the best routine and equipment recommendation for my crushing goals! 

Welcome @Kikko!

15 hours ago, TheParacordist said:

My name is Kevin. I've always tried to maintain reasonably strong wrists and hands as a boxer when I was younger; and also as a golfer and tennis player, and for a couple years a power lifter. I was also a pretty accomplished paracord knot tyer and inventor (also using hand/finger strength), with a successful youtube channel (a few years back although the channel still exists). Recently did a little armwrestling and became intrigued at the concept of exceptional grip strength. After a lot of reading I found the COC gripper program and like the idea of trackable progress. Found this board to ask a question about balancing training between weaker/dominant hand!

Welcome @TheParacordist!

8 hours ago, Mark68 said:

Hello fellow GRIP aficionados!  I'm interested in the localized hand thickening effects of and the general overall effects of grip strength training.  I suspect that through increasing your grip strength not only thickens the hands but increases the muscular size of (understandably) the forearms, the pecs & even the lats IF you squeeze hard enough through whats called "muscle irradiation". In fact its impossible not to contract the surrounding muscles to varying degrees.  This is all just my theory and I joined this grip board to expand & further my knowledge of my theories.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Welcome @Mark68!

Hello everyone,

I have a strong interest in all aspects of strength training.

I have closed a CoC#3 from a MMS and am working on a full credit card set. I have lifted 75lbs on the block buster pinch.

My goals are to certify on CoC, Crushed to dust and red nail

Hi. I’m a 63 year old total newbie to this site/group. I do not arm wrestle nor do I intend to. I am, however, very interested in increasing my wrist/grip/forearm strength. I do strength training 3/week. My big question: I just purchased a revolving handle made primarily for arm wrestlers. The handle is attached with heavy cloth strips ( like seat belt material) several inches long. What is the purpose of those strips  and how should I use them? Thanks much!     Brad

25 minutes ago, brad jones said:

Hi. I’m a 63 year old total newbie to this site/group. I do not arm wrestle nor do I intend to. I am, however, very interested in increasing my wrist/grip/forearm strength. I do strength training 3/week. My big question: I just purchased a revolving handle made primarily for arm wrestlers. The handle is attached with heavy cloth strips ( like seat belt material) several inches long. What is the purpose of those strips  and how should I use them? Thanks much!     Brad

Like this? https://www.armassassinstrengthshop.com/collections/featured-collection/products/axle-wrench

This may help 

On 8/19/2019 at 6:02 PM, dean_redzic said:

Hello everyone,

I have closed a CoC#3 from a MMS and am working on a full credit card set. I have lifted 75lbs on the block buster pinch.

Welcome @dean_redzic !

On 8/21/2019 at 12:07 AM, brad jones said:

Welcome @brad jones !

2 hours ago, Porkchopdiesel said:

I’m Steven “Porkchop” Samaniego 5’ 8” 305 pounds. Fulltime diesel mechanic. 

Welcome aboard! Your job must build quite a bit of hand and wrist strength. 

12 hours ago, Porkchopdiesel said:

Welcome @Porkchopdiesel !

Hello Everyone,

I'm Danny. I'm a 33 year old gym warrior. Despite my physique and good lift numbers, I find myself with a weak grip! I'm here to learn and then use that knowledge to build a routine that best suits me. 

I look forward to participating!

Danny

On 8/25/2019 at 4:56 PM, Porkchopdiesel said:

Jeez bro you've got my full sympathy.  I'm 5'8, 215lbs and am trying to drop to 195lbs.  I miss being fast & light. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2019 at 9:53 PM, Mark68 said:

Jeez bro you've got my full sympathy.  I'm 5'8, 215lbs and am trying to drop to 195lbs.  I miss being fast & light. 

On 8/25/2019 at 8:21 PM, Donc101 said:

Welcome aboard! Your job must build quite a bit of hand and wrist strength. 

There’s quite a bit of grip involved with working on 18 wheelers. These big impact wrenches sometimes have to be held with one hand in awkward positions. 

• Like 2

On 8/27/2019 at 8:44 PM, greasydanny said:

Hello Everyone,

I'm Danny. I'm a 33 year old gym warrior. Despite my physique and good lift numbers, I find myself with a weak grip! I'm here to learn and then use that knowledge to build a routine that best suits me. 

Danny

Welcome @greasydanny !

• Like 1

Hello All,

Here's a quick intro:

I’m a 50 year old, married father of 3 girls. I’m 6’3 and 210 pounds (Dadbod), with 8.25 inch hands (just measured!).

My grip experience to date is very limited to say the least but I do have the following captains of crush: T, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 I picked these up about 10 years ago and have very rarely used them in that time. Note: I could close each of these fresh out of of the box with my right hand on my first attempt but never progressed past that. Today I can inconsistently hit the 2.0 for a single clean rep and 1.5 for 6 reps with my right hand and a single 1.0 with my left hand.

I’m now looking to set myself some grip challenges as way of motivating myself. I have recently started training at home with sandbags (floor presses, overhead clean and presses, Zerchers, farmers, rows) and have just purchased an RT! My first attempt with the RT was disappointing at 55kg so I have a long way to go. However, I believe that you are never too old to learn which is why I have joined the board!  

Thanks in advance for your support.

Cheers!

Edited by Ogston
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ogston said:

My grip experience to date is very limited to say the least but I do have the following captains of crush: T, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 I picked these up about 10 years ago and have very rarely used them in that time. Note: I could close each of these fresh out of of the box with my right hand on my first attempt but never progressed past that.

To close #2 on first attempt without prior grip training is a feat to praise! Start training seriosly. You have a potential.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

To close #2 on first attempt without prior grip training is a feat to praise! Start training seriosly. You have a potential.

Many thanks.  It would be good to find out where my potential can take me. Ideally I'd like to work up to a number 3 but I expect it to be a long game I'm thinking 1-2 years maybe .

On 9/6/2019 at 8:11 AM, Ogston said:

Hello All,

Here's a quick intro:

I’m a 50 year old, married father of 3 girls. I’m 6’3 and 210 pounds (Dadbod), with 8.25 inch hands (just measured!).

My grip experience to date is very limited to say the least but I do have the following captains of crush: T, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 I picked these up about 10 years ago and have very rarely used them in that time. Note: I could close each of these fresh out of of the box with my right hand on my first attempt but never progressed past that. Today I can inconsistently hit the 2.0 for a single clean rep and 1.5 for 6 reps with my right hand and a single 1.0 with my left hand.

I’m now looking to set myself some grip challenges as way of motivating myself. I have recently started training at home with sandbags (floor presses, overhead clean and presses, Zerchers, farmers, rows) and have just purchased an RT! My first attempt with the RT was disappointing at 55kg so I have a long way to go. However, I believe that you are never too old to learn which is why I have joined the board!  

Cheers!

Welcome brother!!

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 8:44 PM, greasydanny said:

Hello Everyone,

Danny

Welcome 🙏 

On 8/19/2019 at 6:02 PM, dean_redzic said:

Hello everyone,

Welcome brother !!

On 5/28/2019 at 11:15 AM, Henry1986 said:

Hello everyone I just recently started back on my grip training. My main focus is with grippers right now, but will be adding different grip tools to my workout in the future. My current strength is being able to close the coc 2 with both hands. I almost closed the coc 2.5 my last workout. 

Strong 💪🏻 . Welcome!

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 8:11 AM, Ogston said:

Hello All,

Here's a quick intro:

Cheers!

Welcome @Ogston !

• Like 1