NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

12 hours ago, Viceversus said:

Hey everyone, my name is Nick. Started grip about 4 months ago, mainly focusing on grippers along with pinch and hex blocks. I think its awesome how the grip community is so involved and im excited to be apart of what you guys built up here. Looking forward to seeing , learning and sharing about future goals and achievments!

Welcome @Viceversus !

Hey guys, Name is Adam from Tennessee, I'm 32 years old now, I don't really train or work out much, a few times a month for the last 5-6 months, just sort of working my way in.....  I need to get in the gym and I'm using grip training to work my way in slowly, my love for strength is coming on strong though. I have recently bought all COC grippers and now have a grip wall within about 6 months, I originally bought a .5, ran through it and can do it both hands, bought a 1, can do it in both hands right away, bought a 1.5 and can do it in both hands right away first try, bought a number 2 and can do it in both hands right away, bought a 2.5, 3, 3.5, and a 4,  I can close the 2.5 both hands no issues, I can get the number 3 within 1/4 on a no set grip, I've always had stronger grip than most, I'm recently doing Hub and pinch block since I recently got those attachments for my loading pin on my anniversary from my loving wife.  Thanks for having me guys, I look to close that #3 really soon!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supranforever said:

Hey guys, Name is Adam from Tennessee, I'm 32 years old now, I don't really train or work out much, a few times a month for the last 5-6 months, just sort of working my way in.....  I need to get in the gym and I'm using grip training to work my way in slowly, my love for strength is coming on strong though. I have recently bought all COC grippers and now have a grip wall within about 6 months, I originally bought a .5, ran through it and can do it both hands, bought a 1, can do it in both hands right away, bought a 1.5 and can do it in both hands right away first try, bought a number 2 and can do it in both hands right away, bought a 2.5, 3, 3.5, and a 4,  I can close the 2.5 both hands no issues, I can get the number 3 within 1/4 on a no set grip, I've always had stronger grip than most, I'm recently doing Hub and pinch block since I recently got those attachments for my loading pin on my anniversary from my loving wife.  Thanks for having me guys, I look to close that #3 really soon!

Welcome @Supranforever !

• 1 month later...

May as well introduce myself. I doubt anyone really reads this but still aha. 

My name is Shaun, 29 years old, about 6ft tall, 100kg, hands are only average, like 7.5 give or take a bit. 

New to all things grip and strength training/fitness in general. Can't close the #2 but can get it down to about a cm.

Going get to #3 asap. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, new member here from Oz.I don't know if there are any other Aussies here. I don't think grip sport is much of a thing here. I've read the forum for years so I thought I'd finally sign up. I haven't done much gripper training before but I've worked with my hands most of my life & have a bit of a baseline of hand strength, nothing like some you guys though.

I just got a few grippers the other day and I'm testing them today to see how weak I really am.

Edited by Raymond
typo

On 7/19/2019 at 10:21 AM, Raymond said:

Hey everyone, new member here from Oz.I don't know if there are any other Aussies here. I don't think grip sport is much of a thing here. I've read the forum for years so I thought I'd finally sign up. I haven't done much gripper training before but I've worked with my hands most of my life & have a bit of a baseline of hand strength, nothing like some you guys though.

I just got a few grippers the other day and I'm testing them today to see how weak I really am.

Where in Oz are you mate? I’m in Melbourne and train primarily grip

On 7/8/2019 at 5:30 PM, DigitallyEndowed said:

May as well introduce myself. I doubt anyone really reads this but still aha. 

My name is Shaun, 29 years old, about 6ft tall, 100kg, hands are only average, like 7.5 give or take a bit. 

New to all things grip and strength training/fitness in general. Can't close the #2 but can get it down to about a cm.

Going get to #3 asap. 

On 7/11/2019 at 2:19 PM, wobongoding said:

S.C. from Texas, grew up watching wsm on ESPN Sammeulson and Savickas eras. Cousin is certified coc#3 from 2003 that mat have played a part in interest. Now bordering 30 and deciding to get back into grips. Can close ironmind coc #2 from card length, working towards 2.5 and then 3.

Not sure how what number that relates to in the monstermash, but hopefully not lvl1.

On 7/18/2019 at 7:21 PM, Raymond said:

Welcome to the GripBoard!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody, my name is Austin, Im from Kentucky. I am 28 years old today. I have been training in strongman for about a year, which is where I was introduced to the CoC grippers, rolling thunder, and other grip training equipment. I am currently working on closing the CoC 2, and my goal is to close at least a CoC 3, and compete in grip competitions in the future. Thank you for having me!

Edited by Latter-Day-Strength
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Latter-Day-Strength said:

Hey everybody, my name is Austin, Im from Kentucky. I am 28 years old today. I have been training in strongman for about a year, which is where I was introduced to the CoC grippers, rolling thunder, and other grip training equipment. I am currently working on closing the CoC 2, and my goal is to close at least a CoC 3, and compete in grip competitions in the future. Thank you for having me!

Welcome @Latter-Day-Strength !

Hello everyone!

I am from Slovenia and have been in grip for 6 mounts now. I started at the age of 44 (with some lifting experience) with rubber rings (30-45 kg) and soon progressed to Ironmind #1. Currently I can do 2 to 3 CCS reps with CoC #2 and I am working for Coc #2,5. Long term goal is to close Coc #4 (you should never be modest in your goals ;) ).

4 hours ago, Goran Paulinič said:

Hello everyone!

I am from Slovenia and have been in grip for 6 mounts now. I started at the age of 44 (with some lifting experience) with rubber rings (30-45 kg) and soon progressed to Ironmind #1. Currently I can do 2 to 3 CCS reps with CoC #2 and I am working for Coc #2,5. Long term goal is to close Coc #4 (you should never be modest in your goals ;) ).

Welcome! @Goran Paulinič

Hey Grippers,

My name is Mike. I have been on and off with grip training for about six months, and I'm just starting to get dialed in. I am 37 years old, and have been lifting weights for about ten years. I am somewhat injury prone, so I take a cautious approach to training nowadays. I would like to improve overall gripping and crushing for practical purposes (e.g., be dangerous) and increase forearm mass because gainZzZ. I can do sets of 3 with the 1.5 pretty easily, so I just ordered the CoC2 and some fat grips. Also, I have no idea what I'm doing and all the terminology and lingo is overwhelming. I'm 6'2" and 225lbs. I'm bad at running but I do it. I squat #455, and pull 425 ( I know...). I rep 135 strict press, and I'm recovering from biceps tendonopathy which limits loading on the bench and the strict press. I am therefore embarrassed to give you my bench press numbers. I promise I'll make lots of newbie mistakes when posting. 

• Like 1

Hello everyone my name is Nathan, 18 yrs old. I've been into grip strength training for about a year now and have been lifting on and off for a few years prior, I'm taking things more serious now and I'm hoping to learn a lot from the forum and hopefully contribute also. For grip I mostly train CoC's (working up to the no. 2 currently) as well as rows and deadlifts with fatgrips. 

• Like 1

Hi all from the UK.

I've been reading posts on this forum for a while but thought I should dip in. I've been entering some of David Horne's fun competitions for a few months now and enjoying taking part. (And mostly coming last lol)

Mainly been trying to train to lift the Dinnie Stones recently and not so much direct grip training but have recently started enjoying some nail bending of some easy things. I think I am going to be looking for training progressions and techniques in this area.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 7:46 PM, ThePud said:

Hello everyone my name is Nathan, 18 yrs old. I've been into grip strength training for about a year now and have been lifting on and off for a few years prior, I'm taking things more serious now and I'm hoping to learn a lot from the forum and hopefully contribute also. For grip I mostly train CoC's (working up to the no. 2 currently) as well as rows and deadlifts with fatgrips. 

Check out Nathan Holle on google. He lives close to you and is a grip absolute legend.

On 8/2/2019 at 1:41 PM, Iron Mike said:

Hey Grippers,

My name is Mike. I have been on and off with grip training for about six months, and I'm just starting to get dialed in. I am 37 years old, and have been lifting weights for about ten years. I am somewhat injury prone, so I take a cautious approach to training nowadays. I would like to improve overall gripping and crushing for practical purposes (e.g., be dangerous) and increase forearm mass because gainZzZ. I can do sets of 3 with the 1.5 pretty easily, so I just ordered the CoC2 and some fat grips. Also, I have no idea what I'm doing and all the terminology and lingo is overwhelming. I'm 6'2" and 225lbs. I'm bad at running but I do it. I squat #455, and pull 425 ( I know...). I rep 135 strict press, and I'm recovering from biceps tendonopathy which limits loading on the bench and the strict press. I am therefore embarrassed to give you my bench press numbers. I promise I'll make lots of newbie mistakes when posting. 

Welcome @Iron Mike

On 8/7/2019 at 12:46 PM, ThePud said:

Welcome @ThePud

On 8/8/2019 at 6:01 AM, Brigsy said:

Hi all from the UK.

I've been reading posts on this forum for a while but thought I should dip in. I've been entering some of David Horne's fun competitions for a few months now and enjoying taking part. (And mostly coming last lol)

Mainly been trying to train to lift the Dinnie Stones recently and not so much direct grip training but have recently started enjoying some nail bending of some easy things. I think I am going to be looking for training progressions and techniques in this area.

Cheers

Welcome @Brigsy

12 hours ago, Goran Paulinič said:

Check out Nathan Holle on google. He lives close to you and is a grip absolute legend.

Thanks, I've heard of the guy from the no.4 certification list. 

My name is Brett. I've been lifting for over 20 years now. Taking steel bending seriously for the last 3 years. Looking to expand my training and understanding of steel bending. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Brett said:

My name is Brett. I've been lifting for over 20 years now. Taking steel bending seriously for the last 3 years. Looking to expand my training and understanding of steel bending. 

Welcome @Brett !

Hey everyone,

I'm Kikko. Joined very recently. Been lifting for many years. One of my aspirations within the realm of strength is to crush an apple with one hand, so I was guided to this forum to get the best routine and equipment recommendation for my crushing goals! 

• Like 1

My name is Kevin. I've always tried to maintain reasonably strong wrists and hands as a boxer when I was younger; and also as a golfer and tennis player, and for a couple years a power lifter. I was also a pretty accomplished paracord knot tyer and inventor (also using hand/finger strength), with a successful youtube channel (a few years back although the channel still exists). Recently did a little armwrestling and became intrigued at the concept of exceptional grip strength. After a lot of reading I found the COC gripper program and like the idea of trackable progress. Found this board to ask a question about balancing training between weaker/dominant hand!

Edited by TheParacordist
  • Like 1

Hello fellow GRIP aficionados!  I'm interested in the localized hand thickening effects of and the general overall effects of grip strength training.  I suspect that through increasing your grip strength not only thickens the hands but increases the muscular size of (understandably) the forearms, the pecs & even the lats IF you squeeze hard enough through whats called "muscle irradiation". In fact its impossible not to contract the surrounding muscles to varying degrees.  This is all just my theory and I joined this grip board to expand & further my knowledge of my theories.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

• Like 1