Voevoda Alexey Training

pawel r

"10 seconds or something like that" is FAR different than 10 flat. 10.8-10.9 100's usually won't even win you a HS state championship and might not even make top 3. Also how was it timed? Electronically vs. human? I flat out don't believe he runs a 10 flat but a hand timed 10.5-10.6 I could see.

Maybe Voevoda isn't strong in a hook to John but he sucked 270# Mike Todd into a hook and just let him hit so this idea that inside is his weakness seems pretty amusing to me.

We are talking about a "weakness" and noone said that he is weak in a hook. He will propably beat 95% of most armwrestlers inside, but the only times he had been stopped was in a hook, so if you can put him inside you might get a shot. 2003 against Erekle he lost in a hook and Girdner stopped him there as well in 2004. We were talking about elite Armwrestlers and how many people think that he is unbeatable and im pretty sure he is beatable by a number of people. Nooone can be perfect in all areas. The thread was about some of his claims that seem to be ridiculus, but then...everyone has its opinion. I just hope he comes back soon and proves me wrong! By the way, i like Michael Todd as an armwrestler, but i dont think he is elite

Girdner didn't beat him though did he? I thought he just "stopped him" but still LOST. As for Erekle, I thought Voevoda lost on elbow fouls?

I'm on the fence about Todd. He has wins over several big names and has placed 3rd at WAF so I guess it depends on what you call elite.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Schweinemann

• jad

• G-Man

• Kashtan

- 2006 Brzenk, and Denis, Voevoda, and Larratt in their current forms, would dominate him I think.

My thoughts on Voeovda

Voevoda would dominate himself? a little typo here ehh... ;)

He was referring to Taras. "My thoughts on Voevoda" was his concluding statement for his entire post, it wasn't directly referring to the above statement.

Edited by thewalrus

Its Kote Razmadze, coach of Voevoda:

"Hello! Voivod lifted 90kg in the biceps, while sitting on the bench through the leg, severing a dumbbell from the floor with a wrench, including a spin. Hand in the initial phase has been opened up to approximately 150 degrees. Full amplitude clear bicep curl 90kg is unrealistic, and even more weight full amplitude armresler should not raise.

5.Two hands full amplitude with a cheating Voevoda lifted barbell weights 140kg.

6.Lesha pinned on the one hand and a homemade dumbbell weight 237kg. The angle between the forearm and the gravity vector was about 45 degrees, plus arm, he was holding his left hand, the duration of retention was approximately 3 seconds. After that he suffered from bone.

7.All these features Voevoda, when he weighed in at 120kg. At the moment he weighs 112kg. Of course, today these figures a little less, he is not swayed nearly 1.5-year. Recently, he only fights at the table and that he have enough to maintain shape.

...."

http://www.obukhov-sport.ru/speak/css/back-up/viewtopic.php?p=2814&sid=4b80a2339030cb5862548dafad4dee8f

"10 seconds or something like that" is FAR different than 10 flat. 10.8-10.9 100's usually won't even win you a HS state championship and might not even make top 3. Also how was it timed? Electronically vs. human? I flat out don't believe he runs a 10 flat but a hand timed 10.5-10.6 I could see.

Maybe Voevoda isn't strong in a hook to John but he sucked 270# Mike Todd into a hook and just let him hit so this idea that inside is his weakness seems pretty amusing to me.

We are talking about a "weakness" and noone said that he is weak in a hook. He will propably beat 95% of most armwrestlers inside, but the only times he had been stopped was in a hook, so if you can put him inside you might get a shot. 2003 against Erekle he lost in a hook and Girdner stopped him there as well in 2004. We were talking about elite Armwrestlers and how many people think that he is unbeatable and im pretty sure he is beatable by a number of people. Nooone can be perfect in all areas. The thread was about some of his claims that seem to be ridiculus, but then...everyone has its opinion. I just hope he comes back soon and proves me wrong! By the way, i like Michael Todd as an armwrestler, but i dont think he is elite

Girdner didn't beat him though did he? I thought he just "stopped him" but still LOST. As for Erekle, I thought Voevoda lost on elbow fouls?

I'm on the fence about Todd. He has wins over several big names and has placed 3rd at WAF so I guess it depends on what you call elite.

you obviously didnt get my point. I talked about his possible "weak" point - ergo where he could be beaten. And that might be a deep hook, because he got stopped there. And yes girdner lost after they had a restart. The video of Erekle beating him is on youtube. In my opinion Erekle made an elbow foul by lifting his elbow on voevodas hit, but they didnt call it.

And for Michael Todd - I think he got a hand and wrist weakness to become one of the very best and im pretty its hard for him to fix it - if ever... But lets not start an "elite/very good/good/mediocre" discussion either, i think thats a personal opinion and been dead beaten on other boards

Anybody going outside that gets put inside is going to be at a disadvantage or seem weaker there vs. someone that starts the match trying to hook. Speaking of topics that have been beaten to death this also goes down the path of is a high hook an outside or inside move. IMO, Voevoda is a high hooker vs. a pure toproller.

Very cool that Kote posted and cleared up some of Voevoda's feats!!!

- 2006 Brzenk, and Denis, Voevoda, and Larratt in their current forms, would dominate him I think.

My thoughts on Voeovda

Voevoda would dominate himself? a little typo here ehh... ;)

I meant Pushkar, not Voevoda... yes, it's a typo. And I meant they would beat Taras, who beat Pushkar 2-1 after Pushkar held Voevoda.

I said "10 seconds or something like that" only because I can't remember if it was exactly 10. I know it was olympic runner speed, so quick that I thought to myself "that means if he trained specifically for running he's have the World Record." I ran track for 4 years so I know half a second is a HUGE difference, but supposedly he ran it in ~10 after only a couple months of speed training as well. Not sure how it was timed. I assume electronically since it was an the bobsled trials for the Olympics. I might be wrong about the time.

Right but was does ~10 mean (10.05, 10.5, 10.3)? Some I could believe him doing, others are pure fiction

I don't know as I'd bother, as unless your friend was the guy timing him or was there it's only going to be a second, if not third or forth hand account of the tale.

The fact that Voevoda is a monster on the start means that he is very quick at pushing a heavy Bob for short distances - so quite whether that equates to 10.0 or 10.9 seconds over 100m (or any other time)seems a little redundant.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I think Voevoda is overrated. He won one tournament for his claim to fame. He beat a few really good guys, and beat a light and out of shape John Brzenk. Sure he won his supermatch with Michael Todd, but Micheal Todd is not by any means an elite armwrestler. Good yes, elite no.

Edited by thewalrus

I agree he's overrated since he's touted as the greatest ever by some but let's be fair, he's beat a lot more people than Michael Todd and sub-par John Brzenk.

• 3 months later...

Jerry not but Devon ?? I think also not...

need to see

table verifies

remember:

Alexey wrist curls 130 kg

biceps curls 90 kg and static hold 237

biceps curls with barbell two hand 140 kg full range of movement

Edited by pawel r

3- In your opinion, how would a top form Alexey Voevoda compare size-wise to a peak Richard Lupkes?

4-Could the Larratt-Lupkes match outcome have been different if it had been the 1980s Lupkes, or would his technique have still been a hinderance against Larratt?

John Brzenk

I think Alexey reached 275 or 280 lbs at his peak ...were Rich has been 300 plus. Alexey may have had the strongest hand and wrist in the sport ... not so sure about his arm though, so it's hard to say who would have beat who .. If Larratt is strong enough to stop the match I think he wins against anyone of the past ... hard to say if he would be able to stop Alexey in top form though ... I would have loved to see it ... Alexey wasn't the hardest hitter just very powerful in the hand and rotation.

Isn't Alexey only like 31? Seeing some armwrestlers are very strong at a very advanced age... I'd say Alexey could still come back in top form any given moment. He has many years to do this.

Isn't Alexey only like 31? Seeing some armwrestlers are very strong at a very advanced age... I'd say Alexey could still come back in top form any given moment. He has many years to do this.

yes he was born in 1980.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess we just have to be patient and wait until alexey has finished his bob sleigh career...

but at the moment I would put my money on Devon. As Schweinemann mentioned, alexey is not the fastest on the table, altough very powerful!!

I think Devon would give up some rotator and force the match in a high hook and then win... but who knows ;-)

Six months ago, Alexei on sparring fought Cyplenkov, and no problems had won.

Edited by Kashtan

I guess we just have to be patient and wait until alexey has finished his bob sleigh career...

but at the moment I would put my money on Devon. As Schweinemann mentioned, alexey is not the fastest on the table, altough very powerful!!

I think Devon would give up some rotator and force the match in a high hook and then win... but who knows ;-)

Actually it was not me who said that, but John Brzenk himself. By the way, i agree with you here. I do not think Devon could Toproll Voevoda, but i think he got a good chance to hook him. His long forearm and strength should give him enough time to set the hook in. I hope we will see one day.