John Vs. Devon

darthsith19

Anthony Dall'Antonia took this video of John and Devon practicing at their last practice in Vancouver. John said it was his last practice before his match with Arsen on March 13th. Devon is going to the Arnold o March 5th and 6th. I am sure neither of them were fresh for this match, and it is just practice, but fun to see. John looks lean and mean and ready to stomp on Arsen.

This is Anthony's Story that he posted on the NE Board:

"So Devon was having breakfast with me & my bro sunday morning when John called. When we found out that John was going to make it Devon was Pumped! Dave Hicks was driving over from the airport with John & Dev was fired up waiting in the gym. As they arrived the guys here were all looking at John & wanting to meet him & John just came straight to the table & locked up with Devon & they started to pull like BEASTS!! It was AWESOME!"

Edited by Josh H

:mosher Wow, I did'nt know that John also was in Vancouver. Voevoda, Larratt and Brzenk in town, that's armwrestling in the air :mosher

Interesting to see John using mostly sidepressure. To me it seems that he can not control Devon's hand and this is the reason for him going to the side. If John can't, others will have problems too. Devon is no sidepressure puller. He's using tons of backpressure and John's fingers and wrist looks solid to me, at least solid enough for Arsen.

:mosher Wow, I did'nt know that John also was in Vancouver. Voevoda, Larratt and Brzenk in town, that's armwrestling in the air :mosher

Interesting to see John using mostly sidepressure. To me it seems that he can not control Devon's hand and this is the reason for him going to the side. If John can't, others will have problems too. Devon is no sidepressure puller. He's using tons of backpressure and John's fingers and wrist looks solid to me, at least solid enough for Arsen.

I feel John must have a "agreement" with Devon that was Devon just help training John, hence no offense from Devon according to the video. That was great if the Devon realizes John has a super match coming, and cant afford to get injured. IMO

That video is absolutely amazing. John pulls so deliberately and controlled in tournaments, it was amazing to see him really get into it in practice. Amazingly strong.

Quote from John Brzenk on NE Board:

Devon will be a HUGE trick for anyone to beat in a 6 match vendetta style format. :P

I’m not sure what match this video was … I’m guessing third or maybe the 4th match… it was early on … there was no rest to speak of once we got started.

Any of the matches after this one were boring they showed me straining and Devon very calm.

Engin, I am currently 216 in the morning without any dehydration other than over night sleep… I don’t plan on weighing any less than this video come the 13th.

None of this video was staged to scare anyone :D

Devon is incredibly strong and he doesn’t show any signs of fatigue. :P

It really is amazing.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is the MAN to track down if you want to be called the BEST armwrestler on the Planet.

I’m in good shape right now Engin, and my confidence will be high heading to Istanbul. 8-)

see you soon.

Edited by Josh H

Key words here: "over the 6 round format". A best of 3 is another story. This was not their first match; Devon has unbelievable endurance.

Nice video - really good stuff.

Wish Devon would compete more often - not that any of us would be surprised at the results. It would just be nice to see him go to Zloty, Harley Pull, ROTN, Arnolds, etc.

Devon has turned his club namesake into an art form. He has perfected the high hook and most every variation of. His pronation strength from varying degrees of wrist flexion is second to none. He has an uncanny ability to pull with his wrist orientation directed in an inside fashion, while still exerting his force in a high handed pronating direction so that there is always tension on the opposing hand mid-finger. It would take years and years to even teach your arm to pull this way, let alone pull so successfully. Even with John fully inside, his force is negated because of this near the pinline. The over-supination involved when you lose in an inside match is too difficult to attain with Devon because of that pressure.

John looks good and trim with nice side pressure inside. Devon isn't the style of puller that Arsen is, but I'm sure John has taken the necessary precautions. I think the matches will end up in the strap...it's too risky for John to force wrist flexion or to even supinate in to achieve the hook off an Arsen hit. It will be easier to take the speed away, let him open up when John slows him down as he did with Denis.

Key words here: "over the 6 round format". A best of 3 is another story. This was not their first match; Devon has unbelievable endurance.

IMO the key words are: "There is no doubt in my mind that this is the MAN to track down if you want to be called the BEST armwrestler on the Planet." :D

@Mark: Very well said!

Flo: I meant to say that over the 6 round format it will be a huge trick, as John said. But in a best of 3 someone just has to win 2 matches, maybe only pull 2 matches if that someone wins the first two. In those vendettas where you're forced to pull 6 times even if you win the first 3... Devon's inhuman endurance will affect the score. Devon is not unbeatable in a best of 3, that's my opinion, at least after I was told how they fared in the first 2-3 matches (before what this video shows). ;)

one day we will see the rematch and i'am pretty sure John will stand a better chance than last time. Actually i would love to see him win. On the other side i dont wanna think about all the shit that Devon will have to face from many people, if he should lose. But first of all John will step on Arsen's roided ass.

Flo: I meant to say that over the 6 round format it will be a huge trick, as John said. But in a best of 3 someone just has to win 2 matches, maybe only pull 2 matches if that someone wins the first two. In those vendettas where you're forced to pull 6 times even if you win the first 3... Devon's inhuman endurance will affect the score. Devon is not unbeatable in a best of 3, that's my opinion, at least after I was told how they fared in the first 2-3 matches (before what this video shows). ;)

You are right, 6 rounds against Devon are harder than 3. I hope we will see the first couple of practice matches too, we will know more than... hopefully ;)

one day we will see the rematch and i'am pretty sure John will stand a better chance than last time. Actually i would love to see him win. On the other side i dont wanna think about all the shit that Devon will have to face from many people, if he should lose. But first of all John will step on Arsen's roided ass.

Schweinemann... I know this name :online

You are right, 6 rounds against Devon are harder than 3. I hope we will see the first couple of practice matches too, we will know more than... hopefully ;)

Schweinemann... I know this name :online

--> well, yes i know your name as well :-) But german boards are quite quiet... Usually i'am an "only reader" on several boards, but for some strange reasons i finally decided to participate - at least from time to time.

cheers from Thuringia.

Ya, Devon made an appearances at our club while he was in town one weekend. Well to say the least it was 8 vs 1 for about 3 hours and just played king of the table!!! his endurance is just sickening, awesome training with him though, learned a lot, I' am sure we all did. As for John, I am sure he will rise up once again to face Devon, but I fear that Devon is only getting better :whacked Watch out World...

Edited by Stefans