1 Arm Axle Deadlift

Guest Bullitt

Tried this last night after a bazillion gripper closes for RRBT. It's my new homemade 2" axle. Still a bit slippery until it seasons a little. No chalk. I know this is an event at Gripmas. Just wondering if anyone else has tried these and if so, what weight have you pulled?

180lb one arm axle DL:

Edited by Bullitt

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bencrush

• climber511

• nickr104

• knyaz

We had it as an event here a few months back and I think the winning lift was close to what you lifted....

Nice lift Mike!

We hit that yesterday and I think I got slightly more than that. We did a ton of thick bar yesterday. It was awesome.

Thanks everybody!!!

We had it as an event here a few months back and I think the winning lift was close to what you lifted....

Sweet. I had no idea what a decent pull would be on this thing. I've pulled 285 one handed on an oly bar.

Looks like you are good for more!

After the dozens and dozens of closes I did yesterday for Bill's gripper program, this was definitely the limit. I tried 200 and it wasn't moving.

We hit that yesterday and I think I got slightly more than that. We did a ton of thick bar yesterday. It was awesome.

Dude, I gotta get up there again soon. I'm just glad this was a decent weight. Let me know the next time you are having a griptogether. I'm definitely in.

When I came up with the idea of the one hand Axle lift (all by myself hehe - thanks guys) I kind of figured that half of one's regular two hand Axle lift would be a fairly good lift. But by the numbers I am hearing - it's coming out a good bit higher than that. I suppose I'll have to try it after my climbing trip next week. Some pretty good numbers going up it seems like.

When I came up with the idea of the one hand Axle lift (all by myself hehe - thanks guys) I kind of figured that half of one's regular two hand Axle lift would be a fairly good lift. But by the numbers I am hearing - it's coming out a good bit higher than that. I suppose I'll have to try it after my climbing trip next week. Some pretty good numbers going up it seems like.

I'd be shocked if Andrew doesn't pull at least 250.

It would be (Thanx, Chris) but only if grip were the limiting factor: We are grip Gods(...well...y'all are, I'm a fat git!) Our grip will overcome and make a grip limiting ex for "norms" a body limiting ex for "us".

Alright, wouldn't exactly call it fresh, because while doing Wannagrip's RRBT gripper program, I am never fresh, but at least I hadn't done a gazillion closes today before i tried it (although I did a gazillion Saturday & Sunday).

Honestly, I think the Diesel Crew US Grip Nationals T-shirt gave me extra power. :mosher

190lbs came up really easy. Got 200 up to my knees and aborted. It felt like I might lose it and I really didn't want to drop that much weight on our (OK, my wife's) floor.

190lb 1 Arm Axle DL:

Was able to pull 160 with my left hand for 2 singles. Might have been able to pull 165 or 170, but was pretty happy with 160. Goal is to get my left within 10% of my right while continuing to improve with my strong hand.

This brings up something I have wondered about on the difference between 2 hand numbers and one hand numbers. If your hands are very equal - I think your number may be closer to 1/2 your two hand number than if one hand is considerably stronger than the other - your one hand number may show a much bigger difference.

This brings up something I have wondered about on the difference between 2 hand numbers and one hand numbers. If your hands are very equal - I think your number may be closer to 1/2 your two hand number than if one hand is considerably stronger than the other - your one hand number may show a much bigger difference.

I agree. In two handed, the weak link is gonna go. It was my left hand that lost it every time at USGC. It's wierd, my grippers are stronger righty, my pinch is stronger lefty. Support grip is stronger righty as well. I have pulled 285 righty on an oly bar, but am hard pressed to get 235 or 240 lefty. I have worked righty a little more in the quest to get to 300. About the same difference on 1" vbar.

I think totally fresh on this axle (again, not an IM), I could pull 200 righty and about 170 lefty. Maybe I need to hold the bar a little closer to the left hand weights when I axle DL in comps... :laugh:laugh:laugh

Alright, wouldn't exactly call it fresh, because while doing Wannagrip's RRBT gripper program, I am never fresh, but at least I hadn't done a gazillion closes today before i tried it (although I did a gazillion Saturday & Sunday).

Honestly, I think the Diesel Crew US Grip Nationals T-shirt gave me extra power. :mosher

190lbs came up really easy. Got 200 up to my knees and aborted. It felt like I might lose it and I really didn't want to drop that much weight on our (OK, my wife's) floor.

190lb 1 Arm Axle DL:

Was able to pull 160 with my left hand for 2 singles. Might have been able to pull 165 or 170, but was pretty happy with 160. Goal is to get my left within 10% of my right while continuing to improve with my strong hand.

You da man, Mike :rock Good stuff.