Smallest/lightest Person To Close A Coc #3?

gollan

Who is the smallest (shortest and lightest) person to close a CoC #3?Is everyone here big or are there some other small guys who are interested in grip strength? I'm 5'4", 138lbs on a "small" frame. I work out for strength and am no weakling. My grip training is progressing nicely. I am picking up some great tips on The Grip Board and it is reassuring to see that I have been on the right track. I got interested in the CoC grippers and closing them seems like a good milestone along the road to reaching my maximum grip potential. So are there any other smaller guys working on their grip?

I don't know the height of Joe Kinney but I think he was 175 lbs when he closed the #4.

I,m 5'7" and 225 lbs. I close the #3 many times each workout and I'm going to get certified in the next days.

I,m 5'7" and 225 lbs. I close the #3 many times each workout and I'm going to get certified in the next days.

Could we observe rule #5 until you get certified?

Could we observe rule #5 until you get certified?

I don't think closing a 3 for a single is world class let alone close to any world record. Hence, no violation will occur if someone claims to close a 3. Heck, it could be so easy a 3 it's less than a 2! We all know what. :cool

I closed the #3 at a body weight of 160lbs.,the smallest that I know of!

You are 2nd lightest I believe Tommy.

Satohisa Nakada - 1998

He's lighter.

Sorry to highjack this thread, but if I may ask, who is the biggest (tallest/heaviest) man to close a #3?? Jeff Maddy would be my guess....??
Actually it brings up an interesting question. The "CoC List" doesn't have weight or even gender categories. Is crush grip strength relatively independent of the size of the owner? (I mention crushing grip specifically because I'm thinking that bigger guys with bigger hands would have a clear leverage advantage on pinch grip). BTW, if you disagree let me hear it. No worries about discouraging me from my program. I'm on a journey not a destination.
I closed the #3 at a body weight of 160lbs.,the smallest that I know of!
Edited to add: that's encouraging! Edited by gollan

Please correct me if i am wrong :blush but didn,t

Manfred Hoerbol in milo say that his hands were stronger at a lighter bodyweight,not shure wether Phister or big Tony etc would agree,i thought it would be an advantage,more skin contact :dry

The most handsome of the COC's would be..... Sybersnott!! :laugh

"I'm pretty, I'm so pretty". :blink:rolleyes

Guest sjeff70

Hi gollan,

I'm pretty small. I'm 6-2", 185...pretty lean though. Untrained I weight 140-145 lbs, so at 6-2" that's pretty pathetic....very small frame and bones.

Were you able to close the #1 upon your first try? It is my understanding that no one has closed the #3 without having first been able to close the #1 on the first try. If that is the case I'm in trouble, because I couldn't close the damn Trainer! :blush Hey, someone has to be the first one! :yikes

Jeff

sjeff70

Keep at it mate youll get there :D

Just keep reading the posts and visiting the grip gallery for some serious motivation and you cannot fail :D

sjeff70,

I wasn't able to close the #1 one my first try but I still think I've got it in me to close the #3, it'll just take more time for us then it would for someone who was already able to close the #1.

BTW I stopped in at that store in London,Ontario where I bought my trainer yesterday. Fred was telling me some highland games guy came in and said he heard about these tough grippers and wanted to try them. Apparently he shut the #2, and the #3 on his first try!!! :blink:blink His friend who was also a highland gamer was unable to shut the #1.

Jon@han

Ken Brown was able to close a #3 on his very first encounter with the IM grippers.

Were you able to close the #1 upon your first try? It is my understanding that no one has closed the #3 without having first been able to close the #1 on the first try.
I hope that is not the case. I wasn't able to close the #1 at first either! I have a theory about this... My theory is that some people who are already in the "strength" sports just get tired of rolling up frying pans and bathtubs and decide to start mashing CoC grippers instead. They are already strong, just looking for a change. These are the guys who close the #1 (or higher) on their first try. Others, (like me), try the CoC grippers because they know they have a weak area and want to improve. I came to "grip training" from a conventional "weight training/bodybuilding" path. I read about the CoC grip trainers and took it from there. I believe I will someday be able to mash the #3.

I was able to close the #1 when I got it for many reps. same thing with the #2. However, I had a few years of deadlifting and powerlifting trainong under my belt.

And Pat A.K.A Terminator was able to close his #2 eight times right out of the box when he received it in '97 :blink

Still can't do that after more than 8 monthes of training :stuart

Pat also bent the blue nail two weeks after receiving his bag of nails (and, even more amazing couldn't put a kink in the Yellow at first, that's what i call fast progress :bow ).

Took me 40 days to U the Yellow :stuart

Though Pat will probably close the #4 within two years (and maybe very soon ?) and will/has probably U/Ued the red nail...and we just want to close the #3 (and U the blue, as for me at least).

I had a dream: Jonas Jonsen, Jonathan McMillan, Graehme Cunningham (sp?),Jeff and Amaury Macaire were joining the list in 2003 :tongue:tongue

I had a dream: Jonas Jonsen, Jonathan McMillan, Graehme Cunningham (sp?),Jeff and Amaury Macaire were joining the list in 2003  

All of these people would do it with KTA. Serious. Any #2 closer can get the #3 within 1 year with KTA, IMO.