HELP- Trying To THICKEN UP FOREARMS & INCREASE GRIP STRENGTH

Guest MonStar1023

Guest MonStar1023

I am new to these boards and I just found out about them actually and just registered. I have been working out around 5 years now I guess and I am now really trying to thicken up my forearms all the way, and really increase my grip strength substantially. I need help though..

I am training my forearms/grip on the same day as back, traps, and biceps. Today Ill be doing them and again in a few days hitting my forearms/grip 2x per week. I am going to be starting off with a core exercise like farmer's walks or one/two arm hangs from a chin-bar. Ill be doing 3 sets to failure.

Then Ill be moving onto a giant set (with no rest between exercises) starting off with seated bb wrist curls, then reverse ez-bar wrist curls, then plate pinching curls, then finger flexions with dumbbells, then finishing with dumbbell towel holds. If any of you are confused with any of the exercises I listed just reply and Ill explain them. Or you can check out the link at the bottom of the page if you want to, where forearm/grip work is pretty thoroughly discussed.

http://209.11.101.244/forum/showthread.php?threadid=66264

HELP!

Is your goal to "train" like Arnold.... or BE like Arnold?

How old are you?  What is your current bodyweight?  How big are your forearms now?  

Just your basic pet questions.  I would say train your forearms.... "feel the burn", then give them rest.  I have 14 1/2 inch forearms at 5'10", 225 pounds.

Guest kINGPIN

Me personally I would say to do heavy grip work and use the wrist roller to really fry the arms at the end of the grip workout.  Thats just the way I do it but there are a million ways that may all work.  Find the movements you like and that work in the areas of interest and work hard on them.