The Pinch Challenge

lukeamdman

Thanks Matt for the idea! :)

We got some strong pinchers on here, so lets get a list going. I'm sure there are guys, Wade, that can easily break 100lb's on this.

Rules:

1. Two 45lb plates are required. 20kg plates for you guys overseas are fine.

2. Plates must be lifted from the floor to a full dead lift.

3. Plates can only make contact with the single gripping hand, no bracing allowed.

4. Video proof is required.

5. To be in the top 3, your plates must be calibrated.

6. Only chalk is allowed.

7. The plates must be metal and lifted smooth-sides out.

I'll start this off with 93.5lb's:

I'm open to any suggestions on the rules!

wouldnt it be harder to use chain and/or magnets, rather than the pipe which makes the lift easier?

Edit :Just thinking probably doesnt matter if everyone does the same

wouldnt it be harder to use chain and/or magnets, rather than the pipe which makes the lift easier?

Edit :Just thinking probably doesnt matter if everyone does the same

If the pipe is tight fitting then it can make it easier. However, the PVC I use is anything but tight fitting. All it does for me is add about a pound to the lift.

My LH lifted 2x45's twice that workout, and barely got the 93.5lb's to move at all. Definitely not easier.

If I were to use my 2HP setup with 35's and tight fitting pipe, I'd be close to the 100lb mark.

Great job Luke !! Wish I could jump in on this one. . . . but I cannot do that yet.

I usually use magnets to hold the weight on mine. I did find a little bit of help with the bar thru. I'll try to get some video when I'm feeling strong on this.

- Aaron

Eaton - this has your name written all over it, bro!!!!! :rock

Let's see what you got!

Why not make it a multiple level kind of thing? As in 25's with the most added weight, 35's with the most added weight and so on. You know, for those of us like me with ever so slightly less manly thumbs :blush

Why not make it a multiple level kind of thing? As in 25's with the most added weight, 35's with the most added weight and so on. You know, for those of us like me with ever so slightly less manly thumbs :blush

im probably retarded for asking this, but how do you add weight to 25s? i thought you go from 25s to 35s, 35s to 45s. i once tried to put a 5 next to my 25s but that didnt work out so well i jsut jumped to the 35s and it was better.

The way we would do it for training was get a big log chain and run it trogh the plates. The higher you lift the more weight you get. Wouldn't work for the 45's plus weight challenge since you need to know the total weight, but great for trianing.

Ill try this tonight and ill use a chain with carabieners to hold the weight in place and see what I get then ill weigh it on my bathroom scale. Its all I can offer , will that be ok?

Rico

i plan on weighing my weights on a bathroom scale when i attempt the two 35s for reps on wendsday i cant be hassled with calibrating them i dont even know what that really means. im not one of the guys who cares if his cocs weigh 160 or 167.8 lol. im just a grp guy. but yeah expect an update on my progress in video format on thursday im going for a pr of 35s. (after heavy deadlifts and overhead presses)

Edited by sportsstar469

My best is 2x20kg plates with 4kg of chain in the middle thus keeping the plates loose - the video is on my phone i will try to get it uploaded in the next couple of days. The Finnish guys will be good at this i think - i know a few have done a 20kg and a 25kg plate pinch.

My best is 2x20kg plates with 4kg of chain in the middle thus keeping the plates loose - the video is on my phone i will try to get it uploaded in the next couple of days. The Finnish guys will be good at this i think - i know a few have done a 20kg and a 25kg plate pinch.

My phone vids wouldn't upload to the board, try utube when you do it

Rico

My phone vids wouldn't upload to the board, try utube when you do it

Rico

will do cheers dude.

Sorry guys, for now I'm just doing a list for 2x45+ weight. This is motivation to train like a freak to get on the list!! :)

sportsstar469: I took my plates to the post office. Their digital scale is very very accurate.

rico300zx: how accurate is the scale?

sam: 44kg is serious. Let's see the vid!

Luke

I'm sure my scale goes to ecactly what's on my plates because that's how I calabrate it, this for fun right? :) I'm not humpin my weights to the Post office, that's to much like work. It was hardenough taking them into the house. I never did get to try it last night I have a final this week hopefully after wed. Ill do it.

Rico

Luke

I'm sure my scale goes to ecactly what's on my plates because that's how I calabrate it, this for fun right? :) I'm not humpin my weights to the Post office, that's to much like work. It was hardenough taking them into the house. I never did get to try it last night I have a final this week hopefully after wed. Ill do it.

Rico

i gotta agree with rico on this one. im all in this for fun, but i dont feel like taking my plates to the post office. how can someone tamper with their plates anywya> id believe anyone who weighed them. i mean i know sometimes weights can be a little innacuarate but idoubt a 45 will be super off

ill still post my videos for fun. i dont plan on being at 2 45s for a while though im attempting 35s for the first time this week. im still inexperienced at pinching though this will be my third time and i havent pinched since i made that 25s video in may!!

if this means im out of the official contest good luck to the competitors let the best man win! :rock

Edited by sportsstar469

I have seen a 45 plate that weighs 44# and another that weighs 43.5#. If you were counting them as 90 and lifting +5lbs, that's very different than 87.50 +5lbs. You need to know what you're claiming at this level, right? They go the other way too. I think Luke has a plate that weighs over 46#. Just my two cents. I think calibrated plates make sense in order to claim top 3.

I won't be on this list for quite some time :D

When Chris Rice and I pinched two 45s at Gripmas for the GB cert it was with two calibrated at 90.2 lbs. total.

I've seen a 45 that weighed 37 lbs. It would take less time for most of you to properly weigh the 45s than to write about why you can't/won't do it in this thread.

It's like the blob challenge. Once you start adding weight to heavy lifts, a pound can make all the difference.

If plates were consistent there wouldn't be a problem, but I have a 47.06lb and 44.19lb plates that are supposed to be 45lb's. Same goes with my 35's. I have a 36.28lb and a 33.59lb. Same goes with my 25's. I have a 26.66lb and a 24.50lb. Same goes with my 10lb plates. I have a 10.28 and a 9.38. BTW, all the of these are matching brand, dimension, age, etc.

The 45's I'm using are 44.75lb and 45.56lb = 90.31lb's

When Chris Rice and I pinched two 45s at Gripmas for the GB cert it was with two calibrated at 90.2 lbs. total.

I've seen a 45 that weighed 37 lbs. It would take less time for most of you to properly weigh the 45s than to write about why you can't/won't do it in this thread.

well, how do we prove we calibrated them? assuming i would be interested? and what do i do go to my post office and say weigh my 45s LOL theyll think im crazy. i know i had a situation where i bought 45 pounders and they weighed 40 and 43, i took them back to the store and got two new ones, and these weigh 45 and change, and 43. the numbers vary. i cant bring them back again because they thought i was crazy the first time. i wont be using those for this grip challenge though because they are the kind with the handles im just ranting because its annoying for weightlifting and training and shit. but my other ones are atleast 45 they weigh like 45.8 consistently on my scale. i probably wont get them calibrated but i will post the videos for fun. im pretty far from pinching 45s anyway.

well, how do we prove we calibrated them? assuming i would be interested? and what do i do go to my post office and say weigh my 45s LOL theyll think im crazy. i know i had a situation where i bought 45 pounders and they weighed 40 and 43, i took them back to the store and got two new ones, and these weigh 45 and change, and 43. the numbers vary. i cant bring them back again because they thought i was crazy the first time. i wont be using those for this grip challenge though because they are the kind with the handles im just ranting because its annoying for weightlifting and training and shit. but my other ones are atleast 45 they weigh like 45.8 consistently on my scale. i probably wont get them calibrated but i will post the videos for fun. im pretty far from pinching 45s anyway.

You don't have to prove you calibrated them. If you say you did, that's enough. It's on your honor.

I took mine to a 24 hour post office at like 1am. Every post office has as scale for anyone to use, they don't need to weigh them for you.

Also, I don't want to sound rude, but this thread is for 45's + weight only.

Edited by lukeamdman

You don't have to prove you calibrated them. If you say you did, that's enough. It's on your honor.

I took mine to a 24 hour post office at like 1am. Every post office has as scale for anyone to use, they don't need to weigh them for you.

Also, I don't want to sound rude, but this thread is for 45's + weight only.

well i remember on bodybuilding.com i was in a 500 pound deadlift contest and wed all post our progress. i guess this isnt the same type of contest. i just thought id post it in here because that would be a milestone for me to hit the 35s and it would show im serious about beating you guys in the grip race lol jk :cool ill lose i dont train grip that often. but yeah if everybody could already do the 45s this wouldnt be much of a contest. i msure that most of the people in this contest cant do the 45s YET and if they can do the 45s already then thats not really fair!

but i do understand your point as well!