Most Money Given Away At Grip Comp.

mightyjoe

Does anyone know what's the most money given away at a Grip Competition?

If so, which contest was it and when. How much total prize money?

Thanks! :)

Mighty Joe

As far as cash it had to have been Michigan Grip Champs in 2007. Don Larkin was paying 50 bucks to anyone that could bend of his widowmakers and he didn't limit to one and I think there was a couple hundred or for whoever won the bending event. If you want to use prizes as far as cash value; I'd guess BBB3 or BBB4, the prize lists were incredible.

Thanks jad!

Interesting.

Mighty Joe

Edited by Mighty Joe

As far as cash it had to have been Michigan Grip Champs in 2007. Don Larkin was paying 50 bucks to anyone that could bend of his widowmakers and he didn't limit to one and I think there was a couple hundred or for whoever won the bending event. If you want to use prizes as far as cash value; I'd guess BBB3 or BBB4, the prize lists were incredible.

Actually it was $500 for the bending event from what I remember. That and the $50 I got for bending one of his infamous spikes helped pay for most of my cost to get out there and back.

- Aaron

I won $600 for the Ironmind Steel Finger's Challenge in St. Louis, in 2002.

Although is isn't really a grip comp but didn't there use to be a $500 reward for being the first to close the MM5 and MM6?? Pretty sure I read that on this board.

Although is isn't really a grip comp but didn't there use to be a $500 reward for being the first to close the MM5 and MM6?? Pretty sure I read that on this board.

Yeah Dave Morton won that money...but do not count on that happening anymore...those days are gone.

If the MM6 gripper was allowed to be at a certain contest as a contest gripper, and someone else were to close it, I would consider tossing a hundred or two their way.

In fact, if people were interested at all at closing a big gripper for money, I might be interested in providing them an opportunity in May.

Sounds interesting and May is traditionally the time of the British. I also realized it's taking about 2 months a level. So Nov was MM2, Jan (hopefully) MM3, March MM4 (again) and May would be MM5??

Edited by mobsterone

Steve, I was just throwing the MM thing out there, I don't know (and I doubt) Wannagrip would let it fly.

Bob, if you have another idea in mind I'd still be interested.

me too! anything you wanna see done, gripper close, dumbbell lift, pinch feat, whatever - if theres money involved it adds that bit extra motivation

• Like 1