Today Björn  did it!

Arne

Today my 14 years old stepson Björn competly closed Mikael Siversson's CoC #2. He will turn fifteen on 9th of January 2002.  He held it closed in upplifted position for some seconds.  The feat was witnessed by me and Mikael Siversson at the gym.  I'll fix some photos next time we are doing griptraning. He will turn fifteen on 9th of January 2002.

Thank you Jay! Björn is  very happy today.

Awesome!!  Tell him to keep up the good work. :)

Guest 77-1005097254

Well done Bjorn!  My son Ryan has also closed a no2 gripper recently and he is 17.

To close a no 2 at 14 is very impressive. Congratulations!!

Great work! I hope the GripBoard and GripPage will contribute to a continued increase in grip interest, especially among the young. I think we just ain't seen nothing yet: Our young will beat us good and thorough.

Guest kINGPIN

There are too many people these days that are just lookin for that six pac and pecs.  When I was 16 that was all I was after.  Then I realised that for most people to get big they must get very strong.  To get very strong you must be able to hold the bar until your back/legs get tired.

Train your weak links hard, no doubt that one of them will be your grip.

With the growing interest in grip training no doubt more young people will end up on the CoC list.  Well done for making that choice to train your hands!

Awesome! Congrats to him.

We'll have more teenage grip monsters for sure as we pass on the heritage to our children. :)

Thank you everybody for your friendly and inspiring comments.

Björn

• 1 month later...

Today did Björn, without any problem, completly closed my calibrated CoC#2 (286 ip) in presence of four witnesses including myself.  

Arne,

Unless I missed a post, we say:

Congrats to Bjorn, who now has the standard

to beat: 14 years, 301 days of age for a gripper

of 286 inch pounds. I suspect, if Bjorn had a

gripper rated at 300 ip, he may well become the

first to make that mark so young. (hint for a Christmas

present for Bjorn; glad to help you spend your money,

Arne!)

Roark

I think that Mikael Siversson allready ordered one 300 ip SoS gripper. Am I correct Mikael?

The #2 calibrations listed elsewhere by Wannagrip

range from 263 to 307, so the fact that they span

the 300 ip mark, and have a spread of 44 pounds,

demonstrates how the #2 designation is too vague.

Bjorn could have done 263 or 307; but we know

he did 286 because of calibration.

We also know he is marching toward the greater

achievements!

Guest StrongerthanArne

To the 286 IP mark we have to, as I am sure everyone here on this board have understood, add the length of the non-dogleg handle and width of the coil diametre. The length of Arne's 286 is 134.5 mm at a coil diametre of 36.2 mm. This gives a distance from the centre of the coil to the end of the non-dogleg of 116.4 mm. This last figure should allways accompany the IP figure, especially for non-SOS grippers. Otherwise we cannot really compare IP numbers between grippers with any reasonable degree of accuracy. We all know that positioning our fingers two mm away from where we would normally position our fingers, makes a very noticable difference. The gripper becomes significantly more difficult to close. Arne' 286 IP gripper is rather short, which makes Björn's feat an even greater achievment.

Roark

I've just send a big envelope to you.