Best Grip Exercise

Magnus

Best Grip Exercise  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What's the king of grip exercises?

• Grippers (including Ivanko and Vulcan)
    • Rolling Thunder
    • Pinching
    • Hubbing
    • 1-hand DL
    • Other (post below)

Choose what you think is the best of all grip exercises. If you're torn, vote twice, but post which two you voted for. I know that they are all great exercises, but, we all have favorites, so let's hear them!

For me, I love grippers, but...RT all the way :rock

Edited by Wannagrip

Is this our favorite or the one we think works best? Whatever, I said pinch and grippers. I'm assuming bending doesn't count as grip in this regard otherwise it would DEFINITELY be braced/DO bending ;)

Is this our favorite or the one we think works best? Whatever, I said pinch and grippers. I'm assuming bending doesn't count as grip in this regard otherwise it would DEFINITELY be braced/DO bending ;)

Lol, I was actually considering bending as one of the options :laugh And I mean the exercise we think works the best. Although, my favorite IS the one I think works the best ;)

Now that I read it, I worded it wrong. The best exercise is what I meant :)

Edited by Magnus

Open hand stuff, in my opinion.

Lol, I was actually considering bending as one of the options :laugh And I mean the exercise we think works the best. Although, my favorite IS the one I think works the best ;)

Now that I read it, I worded it wrong. The best exercise is what I meant :)

Then i change my answer to RT and pinch. hahaha you said post blow :laugh Haha

Edited by vikingsrule92

Then i change my answer to RT and pinch. hahaha you said post blow :laugh Haha

:laugh :laugh Hey, that's a serious exercise, man. It's what separates men from boys :tongue

Actually, it's cuz my nephew pulled the e-key off the laptop, so it doesn't always work...especially when I least expect it :D

Oh, man, that sounds funny :laugh

Edited by Magnus

Probably thick bar work of some kind, that would work the entire hand much better then anything. Yet I picked grippers, since I enjoy them so much and I really feel it. Also my forearms have experienced some good growth from grippers.

As of right now, one clown has voted for "hubbing" as the best grip exercise. Geez... :unsure

Hubgeezer :shifty

Edited by Hubgeezer

Thick handle farmers walk.

Axle work is close to a tie.

And that way the rest of your body is weak and can support your grip feats.

Best three exercises, in no order.

1) 2HP holds

2) Thick bar farmer's walks

3) Hard manual labor

-Rex

what do you mean the rest of your body is weak and can support your grip feats? doesn't a strong body work better?

what do you mean the rest of your body is weak and can support your grip feats? doesn't a strong body work better?

that must have been a typo. the exercises he listed strengthen the rest of your body also.

I didn't see rock climbing on the list. The last time I went with Braden (airdevil) my hands and fingers were sore all over the place like none of the listed exercises can reproduce.

It depends on the purpose:

for the gripsport I would say grippers and pinching, but for assistance during normal strongman it would be either thick bar work (farmer walk, axle, etc), or the 1HDL's. ;)

Grippers and Other... Wrist Roller

Best two wrist roller exercises: Two-Man War and the nasty Pinch Grip Wrist Rolling which has provided awesome results for me; using only 10 pounds but that is enough on this exercise!

#1 - Rock Climbing for all over everything development

But if you mean "What if you could only do one exercise in the weight room, what would it be?" Finger Curls- heavy ones.

I would have to agree with climber 511.

Climbing in general and heavy fingerrolls in perticular. Allso the Campusboard is very good for developing your arms and fingers if you are not prone to injuries in the fingers and elbows.

I myself have fallen in love with the grippers and pinching and are curently stoked as hell! CoC #3 and the two 45:s watch out, im coming to get you...

1- grippers

2- farmer's walks

3- block weight (BLOB)

Edited by pawel r