Sorinex Grip Gauntlet Test For Chad Woodall/#4 Attempt By Tex

1stCoC

I've never heard of him deep setting a #3 with 2 fingers. Wouldn't surprise me if he could but he would have to totally dominate it to do it CCS style and that SilverCrush is supposed to be a pretty stout #3. This is the most impressive feat on the whole list IMO.

Probably why it's #2 I'd say. Good luck Tex and Chad! There has to be a video of this, there simply isn't an option!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Too Tall

• Cannon

• 1stCoC

• Wes

I've never heard of him deep setting a #3 with 2 fingers. Wouldn't surprise me if he could but he would have to totally dominate it to do it CCS style and that SilverCrush is supposed to be a pretty stout #3. This is the most impressive feat on the whole list IMO.

I have a silver crush #3 and it is a LOT harder than the #2006 #3.

I have to say, that reading that list of trials, I will be happy if I knock one thing off that list some day. My chin dropped just reading all the events (and I'd really like to someday close a #4... so I'm targeting you #3 gripper, your on my list and in my way ;) ). Rock on both of you :rock:rock:rock !!!

Incidently :bow to anyone who has ever done all those things at once... WOW. That's hard work (...I'll be training harder from now on :inno )

I can't imagine anyone doing all of these events period, much less in a row. But if anyone's got a chance it had to be Chad, good luck to you, I can't wait to see a video of this (there better be one ;))

To answer the questions I am getting from several folks already I will give you the info that I sent to Chad "Chad, The Grip Gauntlet varied a bit over the past years and was usually the top mark for me at the time and I just left it loaded or on display for any that wished to try.There is a 100lb anvil pinch grip deadlift (4 3/8" across face), Old #3 silvercrush to be done with thumb and two fingers(credit card set width start),Phantom 4 full hand (credit card width set),101lb bomb deadlift by nose of bomb,pinch deadlift of "Old" York 45 lb. plates, Anvil deadlift by horn total weight 201, 181 deadlift in 3"handle dumbbell,Original 52lb Blob one hand deadlift and carry 10', 245 lb deadlift on 2" handle dumbbell,411lb Dinnie stone replica deadlift, Inch dumbbell deadlift and carry 10', Hub pinch and straight arm lateral raise to shoulder height "old" style 45Lb York. Every piece is the original I used when doing each feat listed .RS

I'm going to make some friendly predictions and of course I'd love to see Chad and Tex prove me wrong!

100# anvil: yep

2 finger CCS #3: negative, ghostrider

P4 CCS: nope

101#bomb lift: not sure what this is, it's obviously different than Beatty's

Old 45s: yep

Anvil deadlift: yep

181 on 3" db: nope

Blob fw: cake

245# on 2" handle: nope, largely depends on the order, I don't see him hitting the anvil, the 3", the inch, and this

411#: yep

Inch FW: yep

Hub pinch: he'll pinch it w/ ease but I don't see him keeping his arm straight on the lateral. I don't think I've seen anybody do this

Tex

#4 CCS: depends on the #4, I hope Richard or Tex send it to Greg or Dave to calibrate it if he closes it. Even a CCS of a 190# #4 would better than anything but Kinney's close but since all the GR8 are supposed to be so much harder I'd be interested to see what it actually calibrates out at if he does shut it.

Good luck guys!!!!!!

He might have a chance at negating the ghostrider , if he did it would be enormous.

True, I didnt see that it was a silver crush, that thing is probly wide.

Chad has great thumb strength (judging by his 2HP, Inch+blob FW, 3-33's, etc) AND he has like a 9" hand or so... so I don't see him failing at the thickbar challenges like Josh said !!

I don't know about closing those grippers though! Didn't Tommy closed that P4? I wonder what set he used.

So, just to clarify, completing the Grip Gauntlet would mean matching 10 of Sorin's lifetime PRs all at once, right in a row? That sounds hard. :whacked

That is a brutal lineup there. I think Chad has a good chance at doing well on each event.

Best of luck to you both. :mosher:mosher:mosher

Best of luck to both of you with the very difficult task ahead of you !

I'd love to see a GR8 #4 CCS cert !

Good luck! This will be an awesome grip-day! I would like to be there...

Good luck Chad and a massive good luck to Tex on the #4 attempt.

IMHO a 2 finger CCS on a silver crush #3 is impossible. For me to believe that it had ever been done, i'd need to see a video. This sort of strength would be equal to no setting a #4 upside down. I don't even believe anyone could CCS a modern day #3 with 2 fingers. However i'd love to see Chad prove me wrong. The other feats i reckon are possible.

To answer the questions I am getting from several folks already I will give you the info that I sent to Chad "Chad, The Grip Gauntlet varied a bit over the past years and was usually the top mark for me at the time and I just left it loaded or on display for any that wished to try.There is a 100lb anvil pinch grip deadlift (4 3/8" across face), Old #3 silvercrush to be done with thumb and two fingers(credit card set width start),Phantom 4 full hand (credit card width set),101lb bomb deadlift by nose of bomb,pinch deadlift of "Old" York 45 lb. plates, Anvil deadlift by horn total weight 201, 181 deadlift in 3"handle dumbbell,Original 52lb Blob one hand deadlift and carry 10', 245 lb deadlift on 2" handle dumbbell,411lb Dinnie stone replica deadlift, Inch dumbbell deadlift and carry 10', Hub pinch and straight arm lateral raise to shoulder height "old" style 45Lb York. Every piece is the original I used when doing each feat listed .RS

I'm going to make some friendly predictions and of course I'd love to see Chad and Tex prove me wrong!

245# on 2" handle: nope, largely depends on the order, I don't see him hitting the anvil, the 3", the inch, and this

Hub pinch: he'll pinch it w/ ease but I don't see him keeping his arm straight on the lateral. I don't think I've seen anybody do this

Tex

#4 CCS: depends on the #4, I hope Richard or Tex send it to Greg or Dave to calibrate it if he closes it. Even a CCS of a 190# #4 would better than anything but Kinney's close but since all the GR8 are supposed to be so much harder I'd be interested to see what it actually calibrates out at if he does shut it.

Good luck guys!!!!!!

You kidding me? I'd wager Chad would make all those thick handled events (as well as most of the others) his bitch :shifty

IMHO a 2 finger CCS on a silver crush #3 is impossible. For me to believe that it had ever been done, i'd need to see a video. This sort of strength would be equal to no setting a #4 upside down. I don't even believe anyone could CCS a modern day #3 with 2 fingers. However i'd love to see Chad prove me wrong. The other feats i reckon are possible.

Hehe :laugh

Tex

Good luck guys!!!!!!

You kidding me? I'd wager Chad would make all those thick handled events (as well as most of the others) his bitch :shifty

Individually, sure, he would smash them, he's got huge thumb strength and massive hands but all those in one session??? Unless this is going to be an all-day affair I just don't see him hitting all four, although I hope he proves me wrong.

Hehe :laugh

That kid ^ might some day, if he hasn't already.

So the gauntlet must be done all in a row? Is there a time limit? Has Mr. Sorin done these all in a row himself or throughout his gripdom? Regardless if ANYONE has done all of these events all in a row, in a reasonable time limit, then I feel as though hands down it would be the greatest grip display of all time, regardless of other singular super grip strength feats. Good luck to both athletes and respect to all involved!

I would love to see Tex's #4 attempt! Good luck to both of you, destroy everything you touch!

Edited by Chrisx9118

Richard, I am so sorry that I will be unavailable to see this in person as other obligations prevail at this time -- I wish the best of luck to both Tex on the #4 attempt and Chad "Big Daddy" Woodall on his attempt at the infamous Sorin's Grip Gauntlet!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

A quick overview of Chad Woodalls assault on the Grip Gauntlet. Many pictures and video was taken but as being head judge and from my notes as each try occured here is what I saw and wrote down. Old York 45 hub lift with lateral raise: 6 attempts, final best raise to shoulder height with arm bent. Inch deadlift and carry 10' ,Done on first attempt. Old York 45s pinch grip deadlift,7 trials ,did not leave floor. Phantom 4 credit card width set close,1 attempt, medium deep set and closed. Silver Crush #3 two finger credit card width set close, 1 trial,declined further attempts. Dinnie stone replica deadlift, 1 attempt, full pull lockout. 101 lb bomb lift by nose,3 attempts, did not move from floor.declind further attempts. 245 lb dumbbell deadlift 2" handle,16 attempts, best attempt 4-5 inches off floor.futher attempts declined 100lb wide anvil deadlift,6 attempts, on 6th try full pull to lockout. "Original" Blob pinch and carry 10',8 trys, Did not leave floor in normal pinch position but on 8th try pinched by flat(lying on side) face and carried 12'. 201lb anvil deadlift,8 trys,did not leave the floor, declined further attempts, 181 lb deadlift on 3"dumbbell handle ,3 trys, did not move from floor,declined further attempts . All in all it was a GREAT performance put on by Chad, a great group of grip folks supporting and cheering him on and one special day in grip history!Watching him.. young and strong "going after it" made me feel mighty proud how far grip has come! RS