? Formulator Like Device ?

dunebuggy31

I've used both the formulator and the peg 2 for wrist curls and personally felt the formulator was terrific for reverse wrist curls while the peg 2 was good for regular wrist curls. The incredibly high price tag on the formulator puts it out of my price range, and home made models don't deliver the same results I got from the actual formulator.

so my question is this: does anybody have any knowledge of a company out there that makes, or plans to make in the near future, a wrist curl device with the support cushions directly above each other (as in the formulator) and not staggered (as in the peg 2)? Also, hopefully, any such product will carry a less steep price tag... :unsure

I've used both the formulator and the peg 2 for wrist curls and personally felt the formulator was terrific for reverse wrist curls while the peg 2 was good for regular wrist curls. The incredibly high price tag on the formulator puts it out of my price range, and home made models don't deliver the same results I got from the actual formulator.

so my question is this: does anybody have any knowledge of a company out there that makes, or plans to make in the near future, a wrist curl device with the support cushions directly above each other (as in the formulator) and not staggered (as in the peg 2)? Also, hopefully, any such product will carry a less steep price tag... :unsure

try making one yourself. All you need is some pipe and foam rollers. Aaron made one himself and he said it only cost him around $40.

formulator was terrific for reverse wrist curls while the peg 2 was good for regular wrist curls

Did you not like the Peg 2 for reverse wrist curls?

I ask because I have a Peg and think it is very good for both movements. I haven't tried a Formulator.

formulator was terrific for reverse wrist curls while the peg 2 was good for regular wrist curls

Did you not like the Peg 2 for reverse wrist curls?

I ask because I have a Peg and think it is very good for both movements. I haven't tried a Formulator.

I initially bought the peg 2 for both type curls but everytime I do rev. curls, the opposing supports are resting on the back of my hand, very close to the knuckles. It really is uncomfortable to the point of being painful on the back of my hands. Regular curls are a blast though.

I would say the setup of the peg 2 bars heavily favor reg. curls, while the setup of the formulator favors the rev. curls. I think I'm one of the minority that encounters pain with the rev. curls. :(

As to the homemade models, I made one using 2x4; pipe flanges and pipe, but I need to trim the width of the bottom piece because it catches my wrist when Im trying rev. curls.

The formulator is definetly a good piece of equipment, but I cant justify the cost of both it and a peg 2 at the same time.

That's why I was wondering if anyone knew of a wrist curl product with the support bars directly above each other, not staggered like the peg 2, that any company out there is currently selling or planning to sell?

Edited by dunebuggy31

My homemade model is great for reverse wrist curls, I did my with wood and pipe. Mine just does not work for me for wrist curls, who knows.

You could easily make a device out of pipe that has the support bars directly above each other. Also, I bet if you asked Chris Rice, he could make a nice one to your specs for a reasonable price.