John Brezenk Vs. Rustam Babayev

Florian Kellersmann

I find it funny that because John didn't dominate Ron Bath or Marcio that people are doubting him. How many time has Rustam beat either one?

I am not aware that they even pulled each other.

Engin Terzi is considered by some to be the best arm wrestling "historian" out there (if there even is such a thing). Engin says that Rustam is the greatest lightweight ever. With the greatest lightweight ever, vs. the greatest ever period – at the EXACT same bodyweight -- it would be a very interesting match up to say the least.

Rustam is probably every bit as strong as Bath and possibly as strong as Marcio inside as well. John struggled with them at 200-pounds. How would he do at 189?

I find it funny that because John didn't dominate Ron Bath or Marcio that people are doubting him. How many time has Rustam beat either one?

I am not aware that they even pulled each other.

Engin Terzi is considered by some to be the best arm wrestling "historian" out there (if there even is such a thing). Engin says that Rustam is the greatest lightweight ever. With the greatest lightweight ever, vs. the greatest ever period – at the EXACT same bodyweight -- it would be a very interesting match up to say the least.

Rustam is probably every bit as strong as Bath and possibly as strong as Marcio inside as well. John struggled with them at 200-pounds. How would he do at 189?

We'll see......

My money is on him top rolling and going up 4-0......then hooking him for the last matches to see what Rustam really has.....

Worse case scenario 4-2 John Brzenk... ..

Rustam has never pulled Marcio or Ron. He does not pull in overalls out of respect for the larger men. Kinda like respcet for your elders.

John will try toprolling first. If it feels good then he will try to hook him. I think 6-0 John.

Also John pulled in Rising Sun today. He won 3 weights classes 198, 242, supers.

Rustam has never pulled Marcio or Ron. He does not pull in overalls out of respect for the larger men. Kinda like respcet for your elders.

John will try toprolling first. If it feels good then he will try to hook him. I think 6-0 John.

Also John pulled in Rising Sun today. He won 3 weights classes 198, 242, supers.

Is that why he does it?

I always thought it was because he didn't want to get hurt......I always wished he would have pulled opens but he never does...

Any known pullers in that tourney? I couldn't find info about this tourney anywhere! :)

I just saw, that John also pulled the 198 class lefty and won. Nice!

Here's the correct link:

http://www.usarmwrestling.com/2007%20Tourn...t%20Results.htm

His left elbow is finally starting to heal.

So.....which guy is you in your picture. The one on the right looks like Taris Ivankin and on the left looks like Veovoda is either one you.

Edited by bob brown

I think if both meet at 189 lb Rustam has bigger chance to win. But if John has some days to eat and get even bigger he will win.

I just saw, that John also pulled the 198 class lefty and won. Nice!

Here's the correct link:

http://www.usarmwrestling.com/2007%20Tourn...t%20Results.htm

His left elbow is finally starting to heal.

So.....which guy is you in your picture. The one on the right looks like Taris Ivankin and on the left looks like Veovoda is either one you.

No, that are Alexey and Taras in the avatar.

• 4 weeks later...

The match with Rustam Babayev is OFF. They contacted John just today and said Rustam could not pull. Possibly hurt his wrist. But I dont really know.

It was supposed to be 4/14/07 but got cancelled today.

Very frustrating for John as he has been dieting for a long time and had to pass up on other tournaments trying to prepare for this one.

The match with Rustam Babayev is OFF. They contacted John just today and said Rustam could not pull. Possibly hurt his wrist. But I dont really know.

It was supposed to be 4/14/07 but got cancelled today.

Very frustrating for John as he has been dieting for a long time and had to pass up on other tournaments trying to prepare for this one.

WOW.......that sucks......All the training and dieting for nothing. Correct me if I am wrong Bob, but I don't think this is the first time this has happened. I thought everything was set for the Voevoda match as well but that went bust....

I also bet all my armbets points on John to win...... :(

Thanks for the info, Bob. This is very disappointing, for the aw fans and of course even more for John.

• 6 months later...

Brzenk vs Babayev probably February 2008

Yes, I spoke with John and the match seems to be back on. Sometime in Feb.

John, myself and Kevin Bongard are going to Zloty this year. Kevin will be pulling in the 86kg class. Rustam will NOT be there BUT Ruslan(his brother) will be there. Should be interesting.

Yes, I spoke with John and the match seems to be back on. Sometime in Feb.

John, myself and Kevin Bongard are going to Zloty this year. Kevin will be pulling in the 86kg class. Rustam will NOT be there BUT Ruslan(his brother) will be there. Should be interesting.

I say Bongard toprolls him to the pad with little effort. That is if he is training hard and hungry.

Bob any news on some good match ups for John? I don't know what class(or classes) he will be in....

I heard Dima was coming......

Are you competing Bob? What class if so?

Bongard will be in great shape and hungry. John will be pulling 95kg which is Dima's class. I plan on making the 78kg class. I am hoping to being healthy that day. I have to lose about 10kg.