Bagent Vs Brzenk

kumikata

I'm kind of new to this forum. I have two questions and was hoping someone on here might know.

1. Has Brzenk ever armwrestled Bagent? If so how many times and who won?

2. Does working with the CoC grippers help with armwrestling strength?

Thanks.

They pulled about 2 months ago in Japan, a best of 5, which Brzenk won 3-1. This was right handed.

It seems that Right Handed Brzenk pretty much owns him (and everyone else, for that matter), but left handed is a whole different story, Bagent is very strong lefthanded, maybe the best in the world right now.

They pulled about 2 months ago in Japan, a best of 5, which Brzenk won 3-1. This was right handed.

It seems that Right Handed Brzenk pretty much owns him (and everyone else, for that matter), but left handed is a whole different story, Bagent is very strong lefthanded, maybe the best in the world right now.

I think Bagent is like 2-10 against Brzenk right-handed. Brzenk right now is insanely strong right handed as I found out about 10 days ago. He's incredible at 190-pounds, virtually unbeatable at 220 and at 234 and ripped like a bodybuilder (what he weighed in at the Mohegans World Championships) on a totally different level. He looked like Arnold looked at the peak of his career (6', 2" 235-240) except with like 20" forearms.

I asked one top name how Brzenk now would do against Voevoda in 2004. He said Brzenk would win hands down.

I get pretty much the same consensus about Bagent left-handed. Everyone says, "top guy in the world hands down."

How much "top name" was that person? You didn't do too bad at Mohegan this last month, did you?

If Brzenk was a 198 when he pulled Voevoda, and he is now ar 234 and like you describe him, I think it's a no-contest.

I think that he should stop dropping weight/gaining weight so often now to pull 2-3 different classes... now that's getting older (42 it is?), even if he's at the top of his game, he should stay as strong as possible.

You're not the only one who says he's stronger than ever; it's been said that noone even made him flinch at Mohegan. LOL, they even suggested a supermatch where the opponent would win if he just gets Brzenk's arm past the starting possition, haha.

That guy is a freak of nature.

• 1 month later...

I think Bagent is like 2-10 against Brzenk right-handed. Brzenk right now is insanely strong right handed as I found out about 10 days ago. He's incredible at 190-pounds, virtually unbeatable at 220 and at 234 and ripped like a bodybuilder (what he weighed in at the Mohegans World Championships) on a totally different level. He looked like Arnold looked at the peak of his career (6', 2" 235-240) except with like 20" forearms.

I asked one top name how Brzenk now would do against Voevoda in 2004. He said Brzenk would win hands down.

I get pretty much the same consensus about Bagent left-handed. Everyone says, "top guy in the world hands down."

gman did you get to try brzenk last week and how did you do

gman did you get to try brzenk last week and how did you do

I drew Brzenk first round at the Mohegan Sun Worlds. I didn't have a chance -- far and way, the strongest arm I ever locked up against. I don't think anyone in the World has a serious chance against him -- except possibly Voevoda -- assuming Voevoda can get back into the shape he was in in 2004. Even then, I would still put my money on John.

To see John in action in the kind of shape he is in now, check out ESPN on Saturday, Dec 16th, between the hours of 7pm and 11pm. They are doing a few shows in including the famous "Pull at the Plaza" in Vegas and the Mohegan Sun Worlds.

Edited by G-Man

I just saw the video of Bagent vs. Brzenk in youtube, it only shows 2 matches, 1-1 ... but Brzenk won that 3-1 if I remember correctly. And yeah, that was in July or so, John was lighter than he was in Sept. 23rd at Mohegan's, where he dominated badly.

Another interesting fact: in 2005 or so, when John was a 198 or so (very light, don't remember), he pulled Pushkar and the match was a rather long one, it was a battle.... well, just to see how much weight matters, 1 week ago they pulled in a supermatch, young Pushkar stronger and bigger than ever, but Brzenk at around 230-235lbs... result? 6-0 Brzenk, and from Cobra Rhodes' words (AW world champion and legend), all 6 matches looked really easy for him.

Can't wait to see him AW another big name.

What happened in this tournament?

What was John´s weight? He does not seem´s to be stronger than his opponent, this was in 2006 but i also know that his opponent is one of the best in the world.

God bless

What happened in this tournament?

What was John´s weight? He does not seem´s to be stronger than his opponent, this was in 2006 but i also know that his opponent is one of the best in the world.

God bless

Usmanov is probably the top arm wrestller in the world who weighs over 242 and is currently competing. John was pulling two weight classes and pulling Usmanov where he in his strong point (deep hook match). In the first match, John finished him off rather quickly in a toproll ...

http://www.worldofarmwrestling.com/en/inde...view&id=468

Usmanov is probably the top arm wrestller in the world who weighs over 242 and is currently competing. John was pulling two weight classes and pulling Usmanov where he in his strong point (deep hook match). In the first match, John finished him off rather quickly in a toproll ...

http://www.worldofarmwrestling.com/en/inde...view&id=468

Heh! That's why I love to read comments from guys who know about it and are more into the sport, like you G-Man.

BTW, some nice AW videos there, thanks for the link dude.

Thanks G-man, looking also at John´s pull against Marcio Barboza was great to see how dawm strong is John now in the toproll:

http://www.worldofarmwrestling.com/en/inde...view&id=469

Just a few years ago on Letterman, Marcio pinned John and they also had long, brutal hook matches in Lake Tahoe. Now, it's not even close. I cannot wait to see the next John vs Alexey Voevoda supermatch. That would be the mother of all supermatches and could possibly qualify as a pay-per-view event.

They've been filming Pulling John for a number of years now and that would be a great way to finish off the movie as well.

I think with John's recent performance in Mohegan and his 6-0 supermatch with Pushkar 2 weeks ago, there's more than enough material to finish Pulling John!

• 2 weeks later...
I think with John's recent performance in Mohegan and his 6-0 supermatch with Pushkar 2 weeks ago, there's more than enough material to finish Pulling John!

Check out this match:

Travis has John's hand and wrist totally taken away and John still wins!

Wow what a great board.

Well as someone who Brzenk pretty well. I can tell you he is still not as strong as he has ever been. Back when he pulled Vevoda he was having some bad tendonitis in his bicep from trying to do a one arm pull up for the first time in his life. Then in the match with Vevoda he got his finger twisted pretty bad. It took him more than a year to start to recover from all that. I know he bulked up and everyone has thought he added weight has made him stronger well it has really been him just starting to get healthy again. I think now that he is starting to get healthy again you will see his strength stay even now that he has been dieting. He is pulling in Poland at the Zloty tourny in the 209 class. Then pull the overall against the bigger guys. The tourney is Dec 2. Lets see how it goes while he weights 209. And just so you know. His elbow is still giving him problems.

Check out this match:

Travis has John's hand and wrist totally taken away and John still wins!

How didn't his arm go " SNAP!" :blink

WOW look at this pic.....

John.....next to Sevan ( an average guy)

http://www.armpower.net/index.php?page=sho...o&sid=21974

Yeah but who is the stud sitting behind him in the black shirt. lol lol

LOL.......who could that be :whistel