Plate Wrist Curl

austinslater

Today I was messing around and came across a plate wrist curl that I think would help for pullers. I took a 35 and using 2 hands did a standing plate wrist curl. The starting position is similar to a 2 hand plate pinch then I just curl my wrist so the plate is behind me and parrallel to the ground. Seemed to hit the inside of the forearm in the same place that pulling does and still hits the fingers hard. Anyone else try these and if so what did you think? Give them a shot and let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Austin

I also believe that plate wristcurls are a good exercise for pullers. By the way it's also a good exercise for grip competitors for improving the 2hand pinch.

Austin, have you ever tested strong armwrestlers in this exercise? It would be interesting how strong they are in this movement. If they are strong without training it, this is a sign, that the movement and stress to the muscles and tendons is similar to pulling.

I agree this would be a great exercise for guys specializing in the 2-hand pinch. I havent tested this with any other pullers but will try to shortly and report back. Another thing I noticed is that you can use varying degrees of wrist flexion as well to overload the wrist/hand. maybe using a 25 or a 35 for full flexion work and a 45 and up for partial flexion which would still transfer over very well to the table in my opinion.

Austin

Today I was messing around and came across a plate wrist curl that I think would help for pullers. I took a 35 and using 2 hands did a standing plate wrist curl. The starting position is similar to a 2 hand plate pinch then I just curl my wrist so the plate is behind me and parrallel to the ground. Seemed to hit the inside of the forearm in the same place that pulling does and still hits the fingers hard. Anyone else try these and if so what did you think? Give them a shot and let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Austin

I just started doing these a couple of weeks ago. They seem to hit the forearm and fingers very well, I will try them for several months and see if it helps on the table. I need all the help I can get.